Goodbye Jesus

Blasphemy The Holy Spirit Can Be Committed Today?

Freed

https://biblehub.com/1_john/5-16.htm

Yes. According to this scripture Blasphemy The Holy Spirit can be committed to this day. Some Bible teachers say that if you deny Jesus Christ before men you have committed it. Which I find confusing. Peter denied Jesus Christ three times and yet he was forgiven. Maybe it runs deeper than I'm aware. In that case we've all committed it. Matthew 10:33, Matthew 24:13, and Hebrews 6:4-6. How many of you are terrified by this besides me? If God exists we are gonna be tortured forever. 

No I'm NOT a Christian anymore. None of us here are. But lets be real. This has to terrify even Richard Dawkins. 

Sorry if this offends you. Not my intention at all.

I just think that even the most strong minded Atheists are terrified about this? I could be wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Freed said:

I just think that even the most strong minded Atheists are terrified about this? I could be wrong. 

I don’t know if I’m the most strong-minded of atheists, but I’m not scared.  

9 minutes ago, Freed said:

If God exists we are gonna be tortured forever. 

IF God exists, it is very far from clear that anybody is going to be tortured , either for a while or forever.  It depends on what kind of god exists.  The Christian version of God is not the only possibility, is it?  Maybe there’s a god who rewards those who think for themselves and who reject indoctrination. 

Even if the god of the Bible does exist (and then I’d have to ask if it’s the god of the Old Testament or the very different god presented by Jesus) it’s not clear what happens after death.  Limited punishment, eternal suffering, annihilation, all those are suggested at different points in scripture.  Which is further evidence that, whatever the truth is, it is not to be found in Judaeo-Christianity.   

• Super Moderator

I hereby publicly, of sound mind, sober judgment, and under no duress of any kind, do intentionally blaspheme the holy spirit and declare him/her/it to be an ignorant, incompetent and inglorious fucker of goats. 

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Freed said:

Yes. According to this scripture Blasphemy The Holy Spirit can be committed to this day. Some Bible teachers say that if you deny Jesus Christ before men you have committed it. Which I find confusing. Peter denied Jesus Christ three times and yet he was forgiven. Maybe it runs deeper than I'm aware. In that case we've all committed it. Matthew 10:33, Matthew 24:13, and Hebrews 6:4-6. How many of you are terrified by this besides me? If God exists we are gonna be tortured forever. 

No I'm NOT a Christian anymore. None of us here are. But lets be real. This has to terrify even Richard Dawkins. 

Sorry if this offends you. Not my intention at all.

I'm not terrified. I'm just agnostic. Heaven sounds like torture forever, imo. 

What kind of a dick would torture us forever?

If you assign some level of belief to it, then dwell on it I suppose it could terrify you. If you just treat it as nonsense, then it wont. 

We have no choice. Let death and the afterlife come. Embrace it. Only our physical death will tell. What's weird to me is that one of the most beautiful songs ever written in my opinion is "Holy Spirit Rain Down." And I'm not even a Christian. 

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

What kind of a dick would torture us forever?

Evil is very strong. Hatred is more powerful than love. Unfortunately. Any eternal creator could torture us forever. 

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, Freed said:

Evil is very strong. Hatred is more powerful than love.

Then god is either not all powerful, or he is not all loving, or he is neither all powerful nor all loving.  In any case, he is not much of a god.

• Like 1

Just imagine Adolph Hitler, Shiro Ishii, Sadaam Hussain, Osama Bin Laden being immortal. They would torture many generations of people. But God is worse because our souls would be eternally damned. Worse than anyone else. Because Blasphemy The Holy Spirit is the worst sin to commit. 

5 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Then god is either not all powerful, or he is not all loving, or he is neither all powerful nor all loving.  In any case, he is not much of a god.

I see. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Freed said:

This has to terrify even Richard Dawkins. 

You are most definitely wrong.  If you have no belief in any religion, then this is all just fairy tales.  No one is afraid of myths and legends because it is understood they have no basis in reality.  

I have no reason to believe a soul of any kind exists, so the thought of what happens to this imaginary thing doesn't concern me in the least.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Wertbag said:

You are most definitely wrong.  If you have no belief in any religion, then this is all just fairy tales.  No one is afraid of myths and legends because it is understood they have no basis in reality.  

I have no reason to believe a soul of any kind exists, so the thought of what happens to this imaginary thing doesn't concern me in the least.

I wish I had your confidence. 

It is the same as insulting Spiderman, Allah, Thor, Ashera, Zeus, Kali, and thousands of other gods and other super-beings that people invented over the millennia. If you had no history of thinking the god of the bible was real, you would regard him as you do these other names. 

This concerns me about as much as my concern whether I pass Anubis test and make it into the Egyptian underworld... that is it doesn't concern me in the slightest. I haven't even thought about it for ages. And I will tend, in situations that warrant it, to exclaim "Sweet mother of god" - I'm pretty sure it is considered blasphemy.

• Super Moderator
6 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

And I will tend, in situations that warrant it, to exclaim "Sweet mother of god" - I'm pretty sure it is considered blasphemy.

One of my favored expletives is "jesus god damn christ."

Shit Pickle can kick all their cloudy asses and zap them all to Hell himself. Fuck those flying cock cunts. 

• Super Moderator

Going to Hell in every religion, so no worries here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, florduh said:

Going to Hell in every religion, so no worries here.

Might be scorching hot down there. But at least it's better than singing praises to the Sky Guy forever. 🤮

20 hours ago, Freed said:

Yes. According to this scripture Blasphemy The Holy Spirit ...

Yes, it's a frightening thought! 

So frightening in fact that it calls for uppercase letters.

"The Holy Spirit"

A bit like "you just wait until YOUR FATHER gets home!!!"

The Holy Spirit.

The definite article.

This implies there are other holy spirits, but that there's only one The Holy Spirit.

The top position, the main one, the big guy.

You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why,

The Holy Spirit is coming, to town
He's making a list
He's checking it twice
He's going to find out
Who's naughty and nice,

The Holy Spirit is coming, to town.

Now I feel the urge to go out, find a tree to cut down, bring it home and cover it with pretty lights.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

Yes, it's a frightening thought! 

So frightening in fact that it calls for uppercase letters.

"The Holy Spirit"

A bit like "you just wait until YOUR FATHER gets home!!!"

The Holy Spirit.

The definite article.

This implies there are other holy spirits, but that there's only one The Holy Spirit.

The top position, the main one, the big guy.

You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why,

The Holy Spirit is coming, to town
He's making a list
He's checking it twice
He's going to find out
Who's naughty and nice,

The Holy Spirit is coming, to town.

Now I feel the urge to go out, find a tree to cut down, bring it home and cover it with pretty lights.

Okay. 

• Super Moderator

@Freed If I remember correctly, you deconverted not too long ago, correct? I ask because this doubt or internal questioning of "what if I am wrong" is normal. I went through the same questioning. I kept wondering if there was some piece of evidence out there that would somehow vindicate the claims of Christians and their holy book. I kept studying Price, Ehrman, Carrier, and those scholars who came before them. Over time, I came to the conclusion that Christianity had an extremely low probability of being true. My confidence that I really don't need to worry about hell, or heaven for that matter - I really don't want to do anything forever, came from knowledge. Once I could easily demonstrate the claims of Christians is simply a house of cards built on speculation, wishful thinking, blind belief, and pseudo-history. My concern eventually petered out.

It is a process, but with the right tools, this can stop being a thorn in your side.

• Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Hierophant said:

@Freed If I remember correctly, you deconverted not too long ago, correct? I ask because this doubt or internal questioning of "what if I am wrong" is normal. I went through the same questioning. I kept wondering if there was some piece of evidence out there that would somehow vindicate the claims of Christians and their holy book. I kept studying Price, Ehrman, Carrier, and those scholars who came before them. Over time, I came to the conclusion that Christianity had an extremely low probability of being true. My confidence that I really don't need to worry about hell, or heaven for that matter - I really don't want to do anything forever, came from knowledge. Once I could easily demonstrate the claims of Christians is simply a house of cards built on speculation, wishful thinking, blind belief, and pseudo-history. My concern eventually petered out.

It is a process, but with the right tools, this can stop being a thorn in your side.

12/25/2012 is when I stopped being a Christian. I told Jesus to leave my heart and that I don't worship him anymore. Still struggling with it a lot. Thanks for your kind reply.

🤗

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 5:05 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

This concerns me about as much as my concern whether I pass Anubis test and make it into the Egyptian underworld... that is it doesn't concern me in the slightest. I haven't even thought about it for ages. And I will tend, in situations that warrant it, to exclaim "Sweet mother of god" - I'm pretty sure it is considered blasphemy.

I used to say Jesus Fucking Christ all the time. Is that blasphemy?

7 hours ago, Freed said:

12/25/2012 is when I stopped being a Christian. I told Jesus to leave my heart and that I don't worship him anymore. Still struggling with it a lot. Thanks for your kind reply.

🤗

Are you saying you still believe that the Christian version of God and Jesus exist but you just choose not to worship them? I'm not sure what the term is for a Christian believer but non-religious? Christian anti-theist or something? 

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
7 hours ago, Wertbag said:

Are you saying you still believe that the Christian version of God and Jesus exist but you just choose not to worship them? I'm not sure what the term is for a Christian believer but non-religious? Christian anti-theist or something? 

That would be a Christian in denial and/or rebellion.

14 hours ago, midniterider said:

I used to say Jesus Fucking Christ all the time. Is that blasphemy?

No. You'd have to insult the Holy Spirit directly. Least I think?