Goodbye Jesus

"spirits"... human, the Holy Spirit, ghosts and demons: is there such thing as a spirit?

alreadyGone

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

..... Quit strawmanning and stick to the point.

Uhh.

You may be asking more of him than he is capable of.

Astreja, I’ve met many atheists from Canada on these type of forums. From England, too.

My answer to why God chose me was a really good one that your story supports.

But you are desperate to find any little thing I write to cling to and give you some hope that I’m just a liar, and you’re not just a very low level thinker with personality problems.

You’re bouncing back and forth between some semblance of sincerity to outright emotional outbursts of ridicule.

I can’t help you. It’s only going to get worse for you. I am not lying. And I got an undergraduate degree in only three years, so I’m not stupid either.

You lost this one. All skeptics who spend their energy learning how to debate born again Christians lose against scholastics.

• Super Moderator
7 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

Uhh.

You may be asking more of him than he is capable of.

True.  But the lurkers will see that he was called out on it.

• Super Moderator
12 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

All skeptics who spend their energy learning how to debate born again Christians lose against scholastics.

If this is true, then you should be able to provide some data to support it.  Were studies conducted?  What were the parameters?  Where were the results published?

Don't state as fact something you can't support. 

Redneck, did you even take Rhetorical Theory at the college level. Accusing me of using logical fallacies is baseless if you haven’t the aptitude to know one when you see one.

I’ve explained to you why God allows evil very well. And my explanation you can find many times over throughout human history. But you keep asking the same question and keep ignoring the profound answers you’re getting like it’s my fault and not yours for misjudging the actual level of your thinking.

The logical fallacy you use all the time is that somehow you woke up one morning more intelligent than all the theists who ever lived.

Why don’t you try to read back to me my answer to you. Our ability to learn anything comes from our ability to comprehend what is being told to us. I don’t think you have this ability.

• Super Moderator

Ad hominem fallacy: "Redneck, did you even take Rhetorical Theory at the college level. Accusing me of using logical fallacies is baseless if you haven’t the aptitude to know one when you see one.

I’ve explained to you why God allows evil very well. And my explanation you can find many times over throughout human history. But you keep asking the same question and keep ignoring the profound answers you’re getting like it’s my fault and not yours for misjudging the actual level of your thinking.

The logical fallacy you use all the time is that somehow you woke up one morning more intelligent than all the theists who ever lived.

Why don’t you try to read back to me my answer to you. Our ability to learn anything comes from our ability to comprehend what is being told to us. I don’t think you have this ability."

• Super Moderator
42 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

And I got an undergraduate degree in only three years

This has to be the most pompous narcissist these forums have ever seen, and that's saying something.

Enjoy while you can.

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

@Brothermario, rather than paltry attempts at insulting my intelligence, why don't you pay attention to the actual conversation I am attempting to have with you? 

You had the benefit of 5-7 years in a monastery to find what you believe to be god.  You now perceive reality and the rest of humanity through that lense.  The sex slave will most likely kill herself by the time she is 12, if she hasn't already been killed in an assault.  She doesn't get the opportunity you got.  Why should she believe your god is loving?  How could she even begin to perceive him as such, given the state of her affairs?  

You haven't explained anything.  You've merely asserted that one day we'll all get to heaven and everything will be roses.  But suicides don't go to heaven.  Rapists and human traffickers do, if they repent.  That's no kind of justice; and certainly not justice conceived by a loving god.

Let me tell you guys what is going to happen.

You’re going to run to each other for support, commit the ad hominem against me all day long and never notice, praise each other, and finally find excuses why I’m so unworthy of you that you’re just gonna leave.

This is what always happens.

What is not going to happen is any of you guys admitting that you just don’t have good enough answers to counter the scholastic answers I am giving to you about who God is and who we are.

The badges you award each other is particularly comical, especially if you get one here.

Skeptics are so caught up in treating God as either nothing or something completely divorced from our human experiences that they talk about God in gibberish.

God is everything, and our human experiences are the true window into knowing God.

And he is first and foremost our father.

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

What is not going to happen is any of you guys admitting that you just don’t have good enough answers to counter the scholastic answers I am giving to you about who God is and who we are.

Here again, you've done nothing but make mere assertions.  You've provided NO scholastic anything except to brag about how many degrees you have.  I have a few of those myself; most of us do. 

The one thing your pride and fear won't let you do is admit that your god can not possibly be all-loving.  And that is precisely why you keep dancing around the subject, throwing out ad hominems and refusing to stay on topic. 

You think you've won something here; you haven't.  You've done nothing more than make a poor showing of what might have been an otherwise slightly-above-average intellect.

• Super Moderator
Just now, Brothermario said:

Using the pronoun “she” for God violates everything we have experienced about pronouns.

Please point out to me where I referred to god as "she."

You’re right. I mixed up your she's.

See? It’s not hard to admit a mistake.

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, Brothermario said:

You’re right. I mixed up your she’s.

See? It’s not hard to admit a mistake.

I'm glad you learned something, even if it was only a modicum of false humility.

Per previous discussion here and following that stern rebuke from Brother Mario, I checked this morning on waking for any evidence of demon infestation.

There was nothing I could detect.. though I am mindful that the conventional wisdom is that a human being occupied by demons remains unaware of that possesion.

I seem ok, after coffee that is.

I'll maintain the vigil though.

If any symptoms do appear, I'll report here.

• Like 1

The sex slave never truly dies, Redneck.

That's what the existence of God has given to her.

The rapist doesn't truly die either, and will spend his eternity far less a glorious human being than the sex slave.

That's what the existence of God means by justice.

Your circular reasoning is making you too dizzy to read the above without mixing up the words into gibberish.

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

Per previous discussion here and following that stern rebuke from Brother Mario, I checked this morning on waking for any evidence of demon infestation.

There was nothing I could detect.. though I am mindful that the conventional wisdom is that a human being occupied by demons remains unaware of that possesion.

I seem ok, after coffee that is.

I'll maintain the vigil though.

If any symptoms do appear, I'll report here.

You probably just need a little more exorcize.   

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, Brothermario said:

You're circular reasoning is making you too dizzy to read the above without mixing up the words into gibberish.

Says the guy who can't tell "she" from "she." 

Edited to add: Or "you're" from "your," for that matter.  

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

The rapist doesn't truly die either, and will spend his eternity far less a glorious human being than the sex slave.

Why would you believe such things? 

• Super Moderator
6 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

Oh goody!  More mere assertions.  I was wondering if you'd run out of them and had to temporarily switch to ad hominems.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
27 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

Yes.  Divine justice.  The idea that a 10-year-old girl deserves the same eternal conscious torment as Adolf Hitler, just because she killed herself to escape the horrific brutality that was forced upon her, against her free will.

What does it say about you that you think this is good and right?

3 hours ago, Brothermario said:

But you are desperate to find any little thing I write to cling to and give you some hope that I’m just a liar, and you’re not just a very low level thinker with personality problems.

Why would I need to "hope" when you demonstrated in your own words on a public forum that you had in fact lied about me?  You can't un-tell a falsehood.

I am now firmly of the opinion that you are mentally ill - probably borderline personality disorder, driving you to try to affiliate with people whom you know will reject you.

Get help.  Seriously.  As soon as possible.   And start properly mourning the people you've lost -- they're gone, gone forever.

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
17 hours ago, Brothermario said:

Redneck, no one knows accurately the story of The Buddha.

See, this is a very interesting statement for someone who apparently believes in the literal jesus of the gospels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Says the guy who can't tell "she" from "she." 

Edited to add: Or "you're" from "your," for that matter.  

Makes you wonder if he's telling the truth about being a professional writer, doesn't it? :HaHa:

Me, I'm not wondering very hard at all.

Except for possibly making points for lurkers, we will get absolutely nowhere with Mario.  You cannot reason with a mentally unstable person.  And it is sad, because he likely is a pretty bright person in some ways.

• Thanks 1