Goodbye Jesus

"spirits"... human, the Holy Spirit, ghosts and demons: is there such thing as a spirit?

alreadyGone

• Super Moderator
17 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

unless you’ve gotten together to convince yourselves that I should go for my sake.

At present, you're far too useful to us.

• Like 1

Redneck, alreadyGone is staying silent when he knows Weezer wrote a bunch of bullshit about my response to something I never read. He’s staying silent because I’ve been slapping him around and he’ll do anything to make me look bad, even lie.

The integrity of this forum doesn’t exist if its moderators come here to kiss the wrinkled old asses of its regular visitors.

I don’t really care what Weezer thinks, or any of you for that matter. You all have been completely unable to rise above the talking points I’ve heard over and over again for ten years on these skeptic forums. (It’s actually been uncanny how similar you are to the skeptics on the Sam Harris forum, with a woman from Canada who hated me and ran off cussing, and all.)

But you can’t claim the high ground and then let regular posters weasel their way around here.

Take a silly badge away, if you haven’t the character to keep the sissies in line.

Oh oh, another regular, and armed with the Google Machine.

How will I ever match wits with such a confederacy of dunces?

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator

As I said, @Brothermario, you're far too useful, which is why I haven't "dealt with the sissy," yet.  This thread, however, has run its course and no longer serves our purpose.  As a result, it will be locked.  You are cordially invited to stick around and start your own thread, or comment in other threads, here in The Den.

If any other member would like to comment on this thread, please PM me or one of the other mods and it will be unlocked for you.  

Have a safe and happy New Year,

John

• Like 1

P1:  This one hates Donald Trump.

P2:  This one's behavior considerably overlaps the behavior of Donald Trump.

C1:  This one hates himself.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/31/2020 at 4:56 PM, Brothermario said:

How will I ever match wits with such a confederacy of dunces?

Is this a question you ask yourself at church???

• Super Moderator

This topic is now unlocked for further discussion, if any is to be had.

My personal answer to the OP is that there is something that can be referred to as a spirit in a person; but it is not a separate and unique entity, differentiated from the individual.  We are called upon to wear a variety of different masks throughout our lives, many of which do not fit, and some of which hardly cover our truer features.  The internet age has, I think, increased our usage of masks, in that, a person can present whatever persona they choose, and few, if any, will ever even know.  Masks often become mistaken for identities, so much so that a person might be completely unaware of who they really are.  For me, a "spiritual journey" is nothing more than an attempt to find oneself underneath all of the masks and make-up; for that is what the "spirit" actually is: the pure, unadulterated you.