Hey everyone it’s been a crazy year so far for those who live in America. Lately I’ve been watching Simpson’s predictions and one of them said that on Jan 20,2021 the four horsemen apocalypse will occur and that the world will end. This has been crippling me for the past few days and I don’t know what to think anymore. Any advice on this?

Simpson as in Homer Simpson? :))

1. Stop watching that stuff.

2. If that guy is a Christian he is directly contradicting the Gospel where Jesus said that noone knows tha date and time.

3. If I had a dime for everytime the world was predicted to end ( I mean Paul himself tells off some disciples in his epistles that thought the end is nigh and started to make a scandal out of it) I would be a rich man indeed.

4. It is more realistic to worry about the icecaps melting or enlarging the ozon gaps or nuclear war if you are in an end of the world spirit anyway. Or at least much worse pandemics. 

5. That's a classic standard indoctrination/selling tehnique. Terror plus sense of urgency. You could really gain help from.books by Steve Hassan and Robert Cialdini plus other coercive control stuff - ICSA is the name of a large association on the matter.

It's the Simpsons, a comedy cartoon... There's a big difference between guessing at political, technological and social changes verse predicting the end of the world. Their cartoons have had alien invasions, zombie outbreaks, time travel and mutant addictive tomatoes, good for a laugh but none of those things came true. 

You've got to remember the Simpsons has been running for 27 years for 695 episodes. No one counts the misses, but people will jokingly point out the 1 in a hundred times things actually align. If you have enough tries at anything eventually you will get a hit. 

• Like 1
  • Super Moderator

Everything that has a beginning will also have an end; but since matter and energy can neither be created nor destroyed, nothing had a beginning. 

the responses that people say on the simpson videos are saying that it'll come soon and that they are never wrong. can someone help me rebuke these guys because its giving me panic and anxiety attacks 24/7 and i cant enjoy anything i do anymore

• Super Moderator

Turn the TV off.  Problem solved.  That will free up some time for you to read a book, take a walk, become a Somali pirate, or learn to cook bacon-wrapped shrimp.

22 minutes ago, Mrjukes21 said:

they are never wrong. 

Kang and Kodos are the two tentacles aliens from the show. At various times they have been shown invading and taking over the world, do you remember when that happened in real life? Or that time the government dropped a huge glass dome over an environmental problem? "Never wrong" is a ridiculously easy claim to dismiss. People say the Simpsons guesses are amazing but they do so in a joking way. No one should really believe there is anything more than guesses and jokes. 

Your world will only end if you're part of the Trump cult.  You'll need to check-in with Q and other sketchy sources to see how to revise your thoughts in order to keep your cognizant dissonance going.  For the most part people who weren't suckered-in and who weren't expecting Savior Trump to usher in "The Storm" and all that other nonsense the world will stay pretty much the same.  There might be some "protests" but nothing that will bring the end of the world.

The Simpsons is written by folks who aren't prophets.  They're just good at satire.  Go back and watch 'All in the Family.'  Many of the themes are nearly ripped from todays headlines even though it's from the 1970's.  They weren't predicting anything.  Society and all it's woes just hasn't really changed all that much.  Prophets and prophecy don't exist.  They best you have are people who are good at spotting trends and making good guesses.  It's not something you can use to give a specific end to the world or anything like that.  That's why people throughout history have predicted the end of the world.  It's easy.  Things start to turn sour so you imagine it's all over.  Like every other part of life, however, bad times are usually temporary and don't have to be terminal.

mwc

• Like 1

Have you made an appointment at a mental health center yet?  Do that between now and the 20th. 

Hang in there, and when the word doesn't end, you will know it was all a big joke.  A lie.

Also, I am beginning to suspect you a jokester who is pulling our leg with your cries for help?

No I’m not trolling it’s just that I always see these type of videos eveyrtime I scrolling around YouTube. I don’t intend to waste anyone’s time or ruin their day. But alright if you don’t want to help or believe then it’s fine. I won’t disturb you guys anymore 

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, Mrjukes21 said:

I always see these type of videos eveyrtime I scrolling around YouTube.

Stop doing that. Sheesh. You're like an alcoholic hanging out at bars just to see if he can resist the drink. God damn. :spanka:

it’s just that I always see these type of videos eveyrtime I scrolling around YouTube.

I haven’t seen any of them.  Remember, YouTube is VERY good at tracking your viewing and recommending similar material.  If you watch a couple of videos about Zoroastrianism then YT will start recommending videos on Zoroastrianiam.  You’ll start to think, wow there’s a big revival in Zoroastrianism going on - this is big!  Uh, no.  You’ve evidently  watched several of these and now YT is summoning similar stuff up and bringing it to your attention.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 1/9/2021 at 4:24 AM, Mrjukes21 said:

Hey everyone it’s been a crazy year so far for those who live in America. Lately I’ve been watching Simpson’s predictions and one of them said that on Jan 20,2021 the four horsemen apocalypse will occur and that the world will end. This has been crippling me for the past few days and I don’t know what to think anymore. Any advice on this?

Search all of the other videos that explain what's wrong with the claims about the Simpsons predictions. There's a genre of counter arguments. But the biggest problem is that the bible is demonstrably false from the beginning. It doesn't get any truer at the end.

And the Simpson's claiming that something from the bible (four horseman) will come to pass on 01/20/21 depends entirely on the bible being correct in the first place, which it isn't. 

Problem solved...

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Mrjukes21 said:

if you don’t want to help or believe then it’s fine. I won’t disturb you guys anymore 

It's not that we don't want to help.  For me, it's that you don't seem motivated to do what you need to do to solve the problem.  What kind of satisfaction are you getting out of continuing as is??  Getting responses from us can't go on for ever.

There is an old saying,  "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."  Are you going to drink?  Or just stand there?  It is your choice.  We can't tie you down and force feed you. You have to do that yourself.

• Like 1
On 1/9/2021 at 2:24 AM, Mrjukes21 said:

Remember the episode in which the Simpsons went to China? Remember what the Chinese dragons sang at the end of the episode?

"American jerks are going home,

Now we sleep for a thousand years,

When we wake, the world will end."

According to that episode, you have the better part of a millenium before you have to start worrying about doomsday. And if the Simpsons can't keep the date of The End straight anyway, it doesn't speak well of their prophetic powers.

Stop. Just stop. The Simpsons is a TV show. A fricking cartoon TV show. Why would you take anything seriously in any TV show, let alone a satirical comedy cartoon show for kids? 

There is no need to rebut it because its a fricking TV show. Just... yeah, no.

Stop watching stuff that upsets you. Stop watching stuff full stop if you need to. It's like I tell my mother: Stop freaking out about what's happening in the US. It doesn't matter. Even if they nuke us we can't do anything about it so stop worrying about it! Turn off the radio, stop reading social media, get off the internet (Except for sane sites like this one) and you'll find the world looks much better.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, TABA said:

I haven’t seen any of them.  Remember, YouTube is VERY good at tracking your viewing and recommending similar material.  If you watch a couple of videos about Zoroastrianism then YT will start recommending videos on Zoroastrianiam.  You’ll start to think, wow there’s a big revival in Zoroastrianism going on - this is big!  Uh, no.  You’ve evidently  watched several of these and now YT is summoning similar stuff up and bringing it to your attention.  

QFT

If you get scared by predictions about the Simpsons - 1. you are trolling and pulling some kind of prank.

2. You have some serious, mental health needing, anxiety issues.

I get being scared about the predictions of some preacher, or imam, or some scientist about climate change doomsday , or conspiracy stuff about impending nuclear war. That would be quasi-rational and understandable. Heck, even seeing black cats or some other superstitions sounds more familiar. But the Simpsons? What's next, South Park, Family Guy, Rick and Morty? F is for family? Etc? Or even live action comedy like Seinfeld or Modern Family, Curb your enthusiasm? Should we go into drama? Netflix or Hulu streaming services? Then comic books..I mean are you SERIOUSLY panicking about mass entertainment fiction? If you are, and are not joking around, get help. Real help. Be that from a herbalist or psychiatrist. Or therapist, acupuncturist, take your pick. Nobody can guarantee complete safety and succes. I am not kidding. If this is not a joke, while I am not in any way a registered practicioner, but you sound like someone with obsessive compulsive disorder. THIS IS NOT a diagnostic, but just raising a red flag you migh want to think about. Maybe you just got spooked by end of the world stories and anything bringing that up is  a massive trigger, even from something like the Simpsons. It could just be a traumatic trigger like for people with PTSD (  Some combat veterants cannot stand even innocent firecrackers before they get into a panick mode). So, see what you can do. Read about trauma.

• Like 1

I think that underlying your anxiety is how you process information. I see some tendencies in your thinking that were similar to my own when I was struggling with the anxiety and depression religion gave me. The main problem is that you are not applying critical analysis to what you are consuming. Critical analysis does not mean just dismissing everything out of hand, it means looking at is being stated, and then trying to see if that hypothesis holds true based on what we know about the reality we interact with. Anything can be argued using pseudo-science and abstract philosophy, but real investigation into the facts will uncover the baseless assertions.

I have not looked at the arguments for the Simpsons accurately predicting the end of the world, but I really do not need to. I am sure I already know what is being said. If I had to guess, people are stating the Simpsons have, by coincidence, made an episode where Trump was be president or a couple other instances where they happened to create an episode that played out in reality; and that is all it is, coincidence. As others have mentioned, how many times has a Simpsons episode NOT come true? Way more than has. Instead of focusing on what is remotely plausible, you should consider what is probable.

Looking at this niggling question you have, if you had to assign a probability to it, some percentage, what would you think is an accurate estimate?

• Like 1
On 1/9/2021 at 1:24 AM, Mrjukes21 said:

I am addicted to CNN, but I must fight their 'drama'. Avoiding news sites altogether might be helpful. Watch some movies. :)

• Super Moderator

It takes some effort these days to find factual information. There are track records for various outlets (Fox tells more demonstrable lies than CNN for example) but regardless of one's political stance there is good information to be had from unexpected sources at times. As I said, you have to do your homework and check it once or twice before coming to a conclusion about a story's factual integrity. Opinions and conclusions from either liberal or conservative agenda driven pundits are useless, if not dangerous.

thank you guys for my help. i want to get mental help but the thing is im really old and its not safe for me to go outside so i need to find an alternative. ill tell you guys this though: before covid 19 started my life was slowly getting better and coming back to normal like it was when i was very young. but ever since covid 19 hit ive been worrying constantly and my ocd fears are coming back since im not doing anything and all i do is just watch news. i dont watch cnn though as they exaggerate too much. 

1 hour ago, Mrjukes21 said:

thank you guys for my help. i want to get mental help but the thing is im really old and its not safe for me to go outside so i need to find an alternative. ill tell you guys this though: before covid 19 started my life was slowly getting better and coming back to normal like it was when i was very young. but ever since covid 19 hit ive been worrying constantly and my ocd fears are coming back since im not doing anything and all i do is just watch news. i dont watch cnn though as they exaggerate too much. 

Welcome to the club! Covid has been a global mind fuck :). Still, many psychotherapists offer online therapy. If you think medication could be necessary you could visit a doctor where social distancing is enforced. Also you can order well known supplements online like gaba or 5htp, magnesium zinc D3 etc.

By the way, you could take d3 zinc quercetin vit C preventive. I see many doctors recommend it.

Also how old are you?  Do you have other underlying conditions? 

The risk of death is always with us, regardless. Covid or non covid. We maybe unaware of it. The thing is, your risk to covid increases the more you stay in this mental state as it is a well known fact that depression/ anxiety has a negative effect on the immune system. So going to someone for help might actually decrease your risk.

all i do is just watch news

That would be one thing I'd look to change. Get a hobby, get your mind busy and learn new things. There are many hobbies you can do at home, from learning a language, to musical instruments, video games, art in its many forms, fitness, reading, writing, make models, play d&d, or any one of a thousand skills. There are YouTube tutorials for pretty much every subject you can think of, so get yourself busy and find a new joy. 

On 1/10/2021 at 2:18 AM, Mrjukes21 said:

No I’m not trolling it’s just that I always see these type of videos eveyrtime I scrolling around YouTube. I don’t intend to waste anyone’s time or ruin their day. But alright if you don’t want to help or believe then it’s fine. I won’t disturb you guys anymore 

All I see on YT is music videos, videogame videos and a some Matt Dillahunty. 

If you search a lot of eschatology vids then you will start getting eschatology video suggestions...but you knew that. 

Now, on Facebook I keep getting lots of Lilly from AT&T cleavage clickbait ads....I do not know why. lol.

• Like 1