Goodbye Jesus

They're right even when they're wrong

Krowb

A facebook video where a "prophet"  who was clearly wrong refuses to admit it because he was right and Satan stole the boy's life.  He admonishes other prophets to not apologize when a prophecy fails, but to blame Satan.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3618668781552314

Always an excuse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Wow, "I guessed wildly and was wrong, therefore its someone else's fault", amazing how armoured his belief is when complete and utter failure doesn't cause him to re-evaluate this claims.  I always thought God stuck Satan in hell and the guy has no power from there.  He doesn't get let out on weekend excursions or get time off for good behaviour.  He's in Gods eternal prison, you don't just pop out of there whenever you feel like it.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 2:45 PM, Wertbag said:

... I always thought God stuck Satan in hell and the guy has no power from there.  He doesn't get let out on weekend excursions or get time off for good behaviour.  He's in Gods eternal prison, you don't just pop out of there whenever you feel like it.

Maybe Satan is like El Chapo... he has confederates (edited to say, minions!) who dig tunnels under his cell to aid his escape.

Must be, as often as believers credit him with all this mayhem on Earth.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 1:58 PM, Krowb said:

A facebook video where a "prophet"  who was clearly wrong refuses to admit it because he was right and Satan stole the boy's life.  He admonishes other prophets to not apologize when a prophecy fails, but to blame Satan.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3618668781552314

Always an excuse.

Welcome to religion. Now have you repented and asked the FSM to touch you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Welcome to religion. Now have you repented and asked the FSM to touch you?

This guy's particular response struck a bit different. It's been my experience there's normally some hemming or hawing about how they or Scripture were misunderstood.  This guy just blatantly says God told him, Satan found out, and Satan killed him.  God's right, I speak for God, case closed.

BTW, one of my old teachers is the now the station manager for a regional Christian tv station, so when I want a good laugh I head over to his fb page to see the kookiness.  Apparently one show has various prophets on and this one prophetess was so crazy even the other prophets began to distance themselves from her, but in a very Christian manner.  After the lady had finished her ranting about Trump and the judgment of god raining down on the Capitol and quoting God (he's quite verbose apparently) the moderator turned to another guest and asked him point blank about his thoughts on what god told the prophetess (they were still split screen), he demurred, but his eyes were a mixture of daggers and fear at the moderator for putting him on the spot.

It's sad to see so many people who have equated belief (in anything their imagination, or other's imagination generates) with factual truth. This is why America is in such a weird situation. We've excused and even honored religious beliefs for so long that any shit they generate is regarded by believers as fact (anti-vax because the antichrist will mark you with the vaccine, the virus was created just for this purpose, the president was sent by God to quash the elite pedophile satanists even though he speaks and behaves like a complete cretin). Unplugging decades (centuries really) of this honoring of bullshit beliefs may not even be possible. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 8:50 AM, Fuego said:

... Unplugging decades (centuries really) of this honoring of bullshit beliefs may not even be possible. 

Because human beings always always always want a daddy, a king, a god..  someone/anyone to rule them, to tell them how to think, what to do, how to live.

Human beings (well, not you or I mind you...) are terrified by the object reality which surrounds them, the chaos and uncertainty of life in a dynamic always-changing universe. And so they turn and bow to anyone who pretends to have answers.

Christians have to pretend for their God, since he is off lying somewhere on a cosmic beach in another dimension sipping a cool drink dressed with a little paper umbrella, laughing at the fools.

• Like 1

How many levels removed from reality is this guy???????

How does he prove to a christian that his prophecies were god given in first place? 

Let alone to a materialist and objective non-theistic thinker? 

This is the bullshit 'within' bullshit, in other words...

He made a prophecy, it didn't come true, so satan somehow thwarted an outcome that god told the prophet would happen???

So satan is more powerful than god's all-knowing insight into future outcome??? God couldn't see satan's actions in advance???

This moron has dug quite a hole for himself. 

• Like 1

It seems Satan isn't done growing in power amongst the faithful.  It's interesting how this figure is almost now the mirror image of god in power.  Modern Christianity has clearly accepted a dualism theory, whether they want to claim that mantle or not.  

• Like 4

• Super Moderator
8 hours ago, Krowb said:

Modern Christianity has clearly accepted a dualism theory, whether they want to claim that mantle or not.  

The devil made them do it.

• Haha 3

In discussing with a friend and thinking about it, if someone wants to, he can rationalize anything. Especially in trance states these " prophets" are often in. When/if not just blatantly bullshitting, I think their brain slips into a trance dream state. I once heard than dopamine in excess can produce visions. The belief system/practices of some forms of Christianity can, espevially for people with an already overactive imagination, bring them to visions. It is like some people have a natural sensitivity to carbs, and they get fat easily with naturall full grain sourdough bread, and others can  eat pancakes for lunch and diner and barely get overweight. By the way, I believe western society is too focused on logical/cold cerebral thinking and does not developp or learn to control trance states. Trance states are not JUST going off but can help tremendously with creativity including scientific creativity. I bet if the physics community had psychedelic retreats much more often we would have a lot more breakthroughs! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2021 at 5:50 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

The devil made them do it.

Just as aside, this is how just about every case of financial and sexual misconduct ended in the adventist institutions. 

Perpetrator: "Satan made me do it!!" 

Congregation: "Oh that tricky Satan..." 

Perpetrator gets moved to a new location....

On 1/20/2021 at 8:08 AM, Myrkhoos said:

In discussing with a friend and thinking about it, if someone wants to, he can rationalize anything.

Human beings see what they believe.

2 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

...Perpetrator gets moved to a new location....

And... which other scandal-ridden major religious institution does this remind you of?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, alreadyGone said:

And... which other scandal-ridden major religious institution does this remind you of?

That's why it's called the Roaming Catholic Church. 

• Haha 3

Assemble an army of men who've sworn not to touch a woman, and expect...

I envision the RCC as having a (secret) Priest Logistics Office somewhere kept busy with re-location services for those priests who find they need a quick change of scenery someplace else.

At least they don't need to bother with finding the best schools for their children upon relocation, so there's that.