Goodbye Jesus

Take care: vaccines are the mark of the beast...

alreadyGone

With the emergence of vaccines for the COVID-19 virus comes suspicion among many that accepting the vaccine is acceptance of the mark "of the beast" on the hand as described in the book of Revelations.

https://www.christiantoday.com/article/is.a.covid.19.vaccine.the.mark.of.the.beast.no.says.bible.answer.man.hank.hanegraaff/135236.htm

Quote:

Offering up his own view, Hanegraaff said the mark of the beast was "symbolic". 

"Biblical interpretation matters. If we interpret the Bible incorrectly, we'll think the Bible is a bunch of nonsense," Hanegraaff said. 

"The mark in Revelation 13 symbolizes identity with the beast. And as such, identifying with Satan's kingdom is what will keep you out of Heaven, not getting vaccinated.

"As Kanye West must surely know, the forehead and the hands of people are Old Testament symbols of their beliefs and behavior."

https://www.newsweek.com/pro-trump-pastor-claims-coronavirus-vaccine-conditioning-americans-mark-beast-1552982

Quote:

"Don't be tricked into thinking, 'Oh my goodness the vaccine's come in, and that's the mark of the beast,'" Hibbs said during his sermon. "It's not the mark of the beast. It's conditioning you for it."

https://christianresearchnetwork.org/2020/12/11/reports-vaccine-proof-will-be-ultra-violet-mark-left-under-skin/

Quote:

No, we aren’t claiming that COVID-19 vaccines are the Mark of the Beast prophesied in Revelation 13:13-18. But what the Great Coronavirus Panic of 2020 has taught us is that the technology is present to fulfill the Scripture’s prophecy. [This view is held by those who are dispensationalists.]

https://religiondispatches.org/bill-gates-comments-on-covid-19-vaccine-enflame-mark-of-the-beast-worries-in-some-christian-circles/

Quote:

To some, it appears Satan’s emissaries are poised to take advantage of the pandemic. Some Christian pastors believe the start of a Last Days battle for religious freedom began with the social distancing orders that have placed weekly in-person church services under fire. Tony Spell, pastor of Life Tabernacle, a Louisiana megachurch, defended his decision to hold a Palm Sunday service: “The church is the last force resisting the Antichrist, let us assemble regardless of what anyone says.” Another Louisiana pastor, Ronnie Hampton, decried the order “because Caesar is mandating how we conduct ourselves using the pretext of this virus to be able to conduct our lives and run our lives for us.”

• Super Moderator

Unfortunately, this is not new in Christendom. Every generation thinks they are the last generation. "Surely now is the time Christ will return!" Generally speaking, I think Christians do not have a good grasp on the book of Revelation. They have extrapolated some ideas and try to apply it to modern times, but it is a forced interpretation in my opinion.

• Like 1

https://academic.logos.com/the-covid-vaccine-has-666-written-all-over-it-and-why-that-doesnt-matter-according-to-revelation/

Quote:

Of course, a person could respond by saying, “Yes, but the text says the ‘mark’ is placed on the ‘right hand or the forehead.’ Does this not therefore necessarily imply a physical mark?” The answer is no. Craig Keener offers helpful thoughts on this point. He notes how “the mark of the beast” in Rev. 13 acts as a parallel to the “seal” that is placed on the foreheads of Christians in Rev. 7:3-4. This “seal” actually has an Old Testament basis, namely, in Ezekiel 9, where a “mark” was said to have been placed on the foreheads of God’s people (Ez. 9:1-6). Keener also points to another Jewish text of the period (known as the Psalms of Solomon) that describes a mark placed on evil people. He observes how the two marks in Ezekiel and the Psalms of Solomon are clearly “symbolic . . . visible only to God and his angels, not to people.”14  And so it is quite reasonable to conclude that the mark of the beast, like the seal of the Lamb, is also symbolic.

(bold added by me)

• Super Moderator

What would the mark even be? I am convinced that 666 or 616 is a reference to Nero. I do not even know what the author of Revelation had in mind in terms of "taking the mark."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hierophant said:

Unfortunately, this is not new in Christendom. Every generation thinks they are the last generation. "Surely now is the time Christ will return!"

Probably most here have witnessed this.

I recall being member of a small Pentecostal congregation years ago where the topic arose among a youth class of various then-current apocalyptic predictions.

One hot topic of the time was a recent article citing the possibility that portions of the state of California could fall into the ocean following a seismic event.

I recall one very devout young woman interrupting "how could that happen? Jesus is coming back soon!", which assertion was met with unanimous approval from the group.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hierophant said:

What would the mark even be? I am convinced that 666 or 616 is a reference to Nero. I do not even know what the author of Revelation had in mind in terms of "taking the mark."

I had previously given it little or no thought, but some of the views in the articles I linked above are interesting with regard to what Christian believers generalize it to be in their minds.

In their minds...

Seems everything in the Bible is the literal truth handed to us from the mouth of God, unless it's merely symbolic.

Only the true elect among God's people have the ability to discern the difference.

And it seems that none of them agree on which is which.

• Like 5

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

I had previously given it little or no thought, but some of the views in the articles I linked above are interesting with regard to what Christian believers generalize it to be in their minds.

In their minds...

It will drive you mad hearing all the different interpretations. David Koresh thought he had it figured out, and Harold Camping, and on and on and on it goes.

• Like 2

I recently posted comment quotes from videos of a filmmaker on YouTube. His videos pretend to be dystopian sci-fi, but nearly 100% of the comments are from religiholics quoting scriptures and saying how vaccines are a government conspiracy blah blah blah. His few replies indicate this is indeed why he made the videos. 

"They don’t want to save us from the “ deadly “ virus, they want to kill us with a “ deadly “ vaccine!"

"FOR WE WRESTLE NOT AGAINST FLESH & BLOOD BUT AGAINT THE POWERS, PRINCIPALITIES & RULERS"

"For then shall be Great Tribulation... And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved"

"They are already moving against those who think for themselves."

"Don’t wear the mask, don’t take the test and don’t take the Vaccine . God bless"

"It's good to see you moving from 'dystopian future' to getting people to question this reality."

"The jab will kill your inmune system, making it vulnerable to even the simple and not lethal covid19, they will blame the death of the vaccinated on a "mutated" virus stream"

"You will be killed or enslaved either way if we all do nothing."

"Yesterday was a huge, orchestrated psyop. Trump was used to purposeful falsely project THE resistance."

"Sell your cloak and buy a sword; words of the Bible.."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fuego said:

"For then shall be Great Tribulation... And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved"

Pastor Alan Campbell often pointed out that nowhere in the Bible is "great tribulation" capitalized, which would signify the definite article in English language usage.

Yet believers almost always cite that verse by applying capital (uppercase) letters.

"The Great Tribulation" incites fear and angst.. inferring something that is part of a planned organized effort, which is bearing down on you in this mortal realm, to which resistance is futile!

An interesting article and an example of the above-mentioned bastardization of the scripture:

http://letusreason.org/proph21.htm

(edited for pompous stupidity... mine)  🙂

• Super Moderator

I have already received the Mark of the Breast.

94768032_10222979136965144_1971026570206248960_o.jpg

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Fuego said:

"FOR WE WRESTLE NOT AGAINST FLESH & BLOOD BUT AGAINT THE POWERS, PRINCIPALITIES & RULERS"

Yeah...  thing about that is, what and who we wrestle in this world seems to be a variable which contains the situational aspect any believer or minister declares it to be.

It's either Satan, or man after the fall (which, being the only kind we've ever known is sorta a moot point, ain't it? ), or it's any of the infinite variety of combinations of Satan + man.

And/or luck. Or not, depending on which denomination to which you adhere.

Me?  I see what I see.

Every person needing to be avoided for a healthy life was human.

Every entity doing me any harm over my lifetime was human.

Every asshole needing administration of violent force at minimum (whether law-enforcement or my own hand) to prevent them from damaging me/my life was human.

10 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I have already received the Mark of the Breast.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't..

Hope it doesn't become $666.00 in our lifetime.

6 hours ago, Hierophant said:

Unfortunately, this is not new in Christendom. Every generation thinks they are the last generation. "Surely now is the time Christ will return!" Generally speaking, I think Christians do not have a good grasp on the book of Revelation. They have extrapolated some ideas and try to apply it to modern times, but it is a forced interpretation in my opinion.

Yes, when will the religious Bullshit stop?

41 minutes ago, pantheory said:

Yes, when will the religious Bullshit stop?

Probably in the aftermath of WWIII.

Won't be enough humans remaining to sustain the whole thing.

• Super Moderator

I thought bar codes were the mark of the beast. Damn, I can't keep up.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
33 minutes ago, florduh said:

I thought bar codes were the mark of the beast. Damn, I can't keep up.

Only on Procter & Gamble products. 

1 hour ago, alreadyGone said:

Probably in the aftermath of WWIII.

Won't be enough humans remaining to sustain the whole thing.

The aftermath of WWIII? Great, at least there is hope :)

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Only on Procter & Gamble products. 

P&G used to be one of my clients. I felt so dirty.

• Haha 1

The crazies are coming out of the woodwork at this time.  I don't know if it is actually worse, or that we are flooded with it by all the modern devices.  Being constantly bombarded can be overwhelming.   Alreadygone, do you need to take a vacation from looking at all the crap?  I am limiting my intake these days.

2 hours ago, florduh said:

P&G used to be one of my clients. I felt so dirty.

😁  Were they lying about their soap being 99.9% pure?

Oops.  It was actually advertised as 99.44% pure.  Dang.  I was about to start a rumor!