Goodbye Jesus

Take care: vaccines are the mark of the beast...

alreadyGone

8 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

Every person needing to be avoided for a healthy life was human.

Every entity doing me any harm over my lifetime was human.

Yep. If they can get you to believe in invisible entities, then you are more likely to think that normal things like lust are demonic power instead of built-in programming for mammals. And then they can sell you snake oil cures that don't ever work, and it's always your fault. God, what a scam.

23 minutes ago, Weezer said:

... Alreadygone, do you need to take a vacation from looking at all the crap?  I am limiting my intake these days.

I need a vacation..

A 15-year nap should do it.

I don't believe that anything less would work for me.

16 minutes ago, Fuego said:

... and it's always your fault. God, what a scam.

And therein lies the essence of the thing.

I am a little stupid, by my nature.

From the time I was 3 years old they taught me to believe in an all-powerful secret friend.

And I became even more stupid from that point on.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

If Christians wish to embrace this new delusion, they better be consistent.  Vaccines are usually injected into the upper arm of a person.  Since vaccines are literal, and they are being called the "Mark of the beast", then the interpretation of Revelation 13 must be literal.  Simply ask them if they are right, why doesn't the bible say "the upper arm" instead of the right hand or forehead.  This lazy eschatological response by these idiots only shows they have never read the bible let alone know the last 2,000 years of failed prophecies about the mark of the beast.  

• Like 3

rev 13:16-18 : Hand or forehead.

rev 22:18: Anyone who adds their own nonsense to this nonsense , something bad will happen to them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

rev 13:16-18 : Hand or forehead.

rev 22:18: Anyone who adds their own nonsense to this nonsense , something bad will happen to them

Midnight,

I was trying to post sorta that, and was wondering around through too many words to get there.

You nailed it.

I wouldn't read any more than that into the exact location where nail holes were driven by the Romans when they did that to people.

Or in that specific instance.

If there was a Jesus and the Romans did torture and murder him that way, it was a savage brutal thing for them to do.

For me, it's all wrapped in the perspective of original sin...

else it's one of a seemingly infinite stream of unjust brutal torture and murder commited over time by some then-present authoritarian government.

It's the history of mankind since before anyone really had governments, which themselves only added another dimension to it.

I mean, the Sadducee crowd, the Roman local enforcer/governor, whoever else may have had influence or part in it..

In the end the toughest guy there, Rome, killed him because that's what they did then... 

If what history seems to say, there was a man who really, really pissed off the local power structure and they managed to get him framed and lynched.

Which had happened 'n' number times to others prior to that time, and has happened 'n' number times since then.

Not like.. now, huh?

Everyone forgets this part from earlier in the Revelation:

3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” 4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

God marks folks on the forehead first.  It has to happen otherwise the second mark from the beast cannot happen.

People need to be able to know the difference.  So when it happens to only 144,000 Jews from the specified tribes (12,000 from each of the twelve really) then we should all know that the second mark is probably coming down the road.  People just having something happen to them they do not like or want cannot be the evil old mark without this precursor event.

The only way around it would be to make a stupid argument that this precursor actually happened way back at some early point in time and we've been in the events of the Revelation for hundreds or even more than a thousand years perhaps even starting back at the founding of the religion itself or even prior to it if required.  This would just mean they can point to some unverifiable event and try to shoehorn it into being this event then try to invent a timeline so we're now at this false prophet stage.  It also would sort of remake the timeline of Revelation stretching across a much longer period than is usually imagined.  It's really not much different than what they do now though.

mwc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mwc said:

Everyone forgets this part from earlier in the Revelation:

God marks folks on the forehead first.  It has to happen otherwise the second mark from the beast cannot happen.

People need to be able to know the difference.  So when it happens to only 144,000 Jews from the specified tribes (12,000 from each of the twelve really) then we should all know that the second mark is probably coming down the road.  People just having something happen to them they do not like or want cannot be the evil old mark without this precursor event.

The only way around it would be to make a stupid argument that this precursor actually happened way back at some early point in time and we've been in the events of the Revelation for hundreds or even more than a thousand years perhaps even starting back at the founding of the religion itself or even prior to it if required.  This would just mean they can point to some unverifiable event and try to shoehorn it into being this event then try to invent a timeline so we're now at this false prophet stage.  It also would sort of remake the timeline of Revelation stretching across a much longer period than is usually imagined.  It's really not much different than what they do now though.

mwc

I dont know of any Jewish tribes, off hand. 

4 hours ago, midniterider said:

I dont know of any Jewish tribes, off hand. 

Scooter, Pete, Larry, Schnitzel, Mankle, Ropey, Derpy, Todd, Mancow, Whiff, Snoop and The Fister.

mwc

• Haha 1

I've seen a lot of Christians fixate on the mark of the beast being a requirement for trade.  That mention has had people guessing at currency changes (release the Euro, "omg the Euro is the only way to trade, you have to agree to use this "mark of the beast"", or to guess that currency will cease to exist and the mark is the trading system that replaces cash (magnetic swipe cards, chip cards, proximity cards, Google pay or biometric payments).  Each new change is panicked about, then promptly forgotten as the world keeps going and nothing happens.  

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - The fear of the number 666 (I have no idea how to pronounce that word!).  There are stores who refused to sell goods to the value of $6.66 as it might be the number of the devil.  "Sorry, could you buy a stick of gum just to make sure you don't bring around the end of the world?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think you could argue that if a Christian has decided to shift the meaning of the mark of the beast from forehead/hand tattoo to the use of debit cards and Apple Pay, then I can re-interpret scripture to eliminate Hell. 

"When the bible talks about the Lake of Fire, perhaps they just mean Las Vegas or Phoenix in July?" If they can take creative license with what the scripture 'means', then so can I. And I can be just as goddammed serious about my absurd explanation as they are about theirs. :)

Back in the day I mentioned to the Christian ex about how cool it would be to just have a cashless society. She was like, "Noooooooooo" and vomited up her homemade Revelations nonsense. Of course she used debit cards and credit cards anyway so I'm not sure she worked that out in her head. :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Wertbag said:

I've seen a lot of Christians fixate on the mark of the beast being a requirement for trade.  That mention has had people guessing at currency changes (release the Euro, "omg the Euro is the only way to trade, you have to agree to use this "mark of the beast"", or to guess that currency will cease to exist and the mark is the trading system that replaces cash (magnetic swipe cards, chip cards, proximity cards, Google pay or biometric payments).  Each new change is panicked about, then promptly forgotten as the world keeps going and nothing happens.  

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - The fear of the number 666 (I have no idea how to pronounce that word!).  There are stores who refused to sell goods to the value of $6.66 as it might be the number of the devil.  "Sorry, could you buy a stick of gum just to make sure you don't bring around the end of the world?"

Satanists apparently programmed cash registers. A Christian programmer would add a penny to the total. :)

• Super Moderator

I am waiting for Christians to go bananas over cryptocurrency as the mark of the beast, if they are not already.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hierophant said:

I am waiting for Christians to go bananas over cryptocurrency as the mark of the beast, if they are not already.

My buddy is invested in it. Trying to get me on board. He thinks crypto will be the way of the future....

On 1/11/2021 at 12:58 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I have already received the Mark of the Breast.

94768032_10222979136965144_1971026570206248960_o.jpg

I work on power supplies with a part number that includes 666, and I got the Moderna Covid vaccine today, so I must be double-whammied! ;)

23 hours ago, Wertbag said:

A cashier got all worked up one time when my total came out to $66.60! She asked if I had any more coupons, which I didn't. Then she asked if I wanted to buy something else there at the register to change the total, but I didn't need anything else. She was very reluctant to process my payment, but she finally did. Poor superstitious lady. 

• Super Moderator
42 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

Poor superstitious lady. 

I'm not superstitious; I'm only semistitious.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Citsonga said:

A cashier got all worked up one time when my total came out to $66.60! She asked if I had any more coupons, which I didn't. Then she asked if I wanted to buy something else there at the register to change the total, but I didn't need anything else. She was very reluctant to process my payment, but she finally did. Poor superstitious lady. 

Sorry, lady. The number has already been displayed. It's too late!

I guess that number is more powerful than their Jebus, eh? :)

Sounds like you could have some fun with that. Find some items that add up to 6.66. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

Sorry, lady. The number has already been displayed. It's too late!

I guess that number is more powerful than their Jebus, eh? :)

Sounds like you could have some fun with that. Find some items that add up to 6.66. lol

There's some combination at Taco Bell that will come out to $6.66. It's come out that way many times. If you get a number such and such and add some extra items. I just never paid attention to what items trigger it. And it hasn't happened recently so it must have been based on older prices. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

There's some combination at Taco Bell that will come out to $6.66. It's come out that way many times. If you get a number such and such and add some extra items. I just never paid attention to what items trigger it. And it hasn't happened recently so it must have been based on older prices. 

Nice! :) 

I wonder if you could could get devils food cake and something else for that price. 

The last car tag I got had GWK 666 on it.  The lady at the tag office said she would exchange it for another, but I told her I thought it was funny and would take it.  The next day my wife threatened to divorce me if I didn't take it back and exchange it, so I did.  Probably was best.  I might have gotten the car sides scratched with a key, or tires deflated, etc.  People get crazy about that stuff.

• Haha 1

Until 2017, Finnair operated flight 666 to HEL (Helsinki) from Copenhagen (CPH), sometimes on Friday the 13th.  Those Scandinavians!

Singapore Airlines operated a flight from SIN to HEL, but sadly it was not numbered 666.

• Haha 2

We did mention that the mark of the beast was given two ways didn't we? 

616 being the oldest manuscript and later versions showing 666:

Both numbers equating to "Nero Caesar" through both NT languages. Pretty obvious that it was a reference to a contemporary figure and has nothing at all to do with the remote future. 

Destroying claims that either vaccines, or cryptocurrency for that matter, have shit to do with the mark of the beast which only meant anything in reference to christians living during the time of "Nero Caesar." The time came and went. The world didn't end. And it has nothing to do with right now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TABA said:

Singapore Airlines operated a flight from SIN to HEL, but sadly it was not numbered 666.

I should add that although I’ve never been to HEL, I’ve spent some very enjoyable days in SIN.  

• Haha 1

666 is a very popular number in China with lots of phone numbers on advertisements having a 666 or 888 in them.  The number they avoid is 4 - even to the extent hotels and hospitals excluding that floor number (In Mandarin 4's pronunciation is a close homophone to "death").