Jump to content

Does anyone know what the double slit experiment is?


Recommended Posts

Therefore a soul that connects to the infinite spirit world.

Weird how there is brain activity before you actually react to an event that didn't happen yet.

 

https://www.wired.com/2008/04/mind-decision/

 

The physical brain is a playback device.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep...   DISORDER!!!!!!      

This one pretends to be all "sciency" and stuff.  How quaint.

An actual god would need nothing.    Superstition and science, who would've thunk it?    

Posted Images

16 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

So you are probably are wondering where I'm going with this. What I'm actually saying is that the double slit experiment is proof of sin.

 

Physicality is what happened after original sin. We were not physical beforehand. Adam and Eve suddenly knew they were naked because they were physical for the first time. We suffered a spiritual death ..not a physical one. Scalar started. This makes Sin the reason for the measurement problem. You need a closed scalar volume for entropy. Entropy is disorder. The non-physical doesn't use entropy. The spiritual universe is coherent. This reality of the fallen is decoherence.

 

Joe,

 

Since the double slit experiment is not a proof of anything, let alone sin, that leaves the rest of your claims high and dry.

 

Everything you claim about physicality, spiritual death, scalar fields, measurement, entropy, the spiritual universe, coherence and decoherence rests upon the double slit experiment proving sin.

 

Because it doesn't do that (no experiment ever proves anything) your claims are empty and without value.

 

Thank you.

 

Walter.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Therefore a soul that connects to the infinite spirit world.

Weird how there is brain activity before you actually react to an event.

 

https://www.wired.com/2008/04/mind-decision/

 

 

LIbet did these 'intention' experiments in the 60s, I think it was pretty fascinating stuff. Quantum physics is also fascinating. 

 

Here's an interesting mash up between quantum theory and consciousness and advaita vedanta. It has a lot of heft behind it. Is it real? Is it someone's wish? Beats me. 

 

edit http://courseinconsciousness.org/

 

While I think there may actually be more to reality than the physical universe, I dont think this proves Christianity is true. And everyone here has already been a Christian and were unhappy with it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WalterP said:

 

Joe,

 

Since the double slit experiment is not a proof of anything, let alone sin, that leaves the rest of your claims high and dry.

 

Everything you claim about physicality, spiritual death, scalar fields, measurement, entropy, the spiritual universe, coherence and decoherence rests upon the double slit experiment proving sin.

 

Because it doesn't do that (no experiment ever proves anything) your claims are empty and without value.

 

Thank you.

 

Walter.

 

No value in knowing where Uncertainty and Entropy come from? Laughable

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Therefore a soul that connects to the infinite spirit world.

Weird how there is brain activity before you actually react to an event that didn't happen yet.

 

https://www.wired.com/2008/04/mind-decision/

 

The physical brain is a playback device.

 

I agree it is fascinating research and it kind of messes with what we usually consider a 'law of cause and effect', but it's also not necessarily mind blowing, either. It's well known that if you put your hand on a hot stove, your muscles are automatically moving it away before 'you' are aware of it. That's because there are neurons in your extremities just for that purpose. 

 

There are other things we do under the threshold of consciousness, like driving. 

 

The brain is like a multitasking operating system. 

 

If you want to believe this article proves an infinite spirit world, that's fine. This article does not convince me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, florduh said:

 

Why do you think people need "saving" at all?

 

Why do you believe a Satan exists and that YOU know what he's up to?

 

You make plenty of claims and I've seen no reasons put forth for anyone to take your assertions seriously.

 

 

 

Why am I not selfish and want other people to see the light? Disorder has to go.

 

The Shroud of Turin is the greatest evidence we have. Please look at the video, it is impossible to make. If Jesus is real then what he said about Satan is real.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, midniterider said:

 

I agree it is fascinating research and it kind of messes with what we usually consider a 'law of cause and effect', but it's also not necessarily mind blowing, either. It's well known that if you put your hand on a hot stove, your muscles are automatically moving it away before 'you' are aware of it. That's because there are neurons in your extremities just for that purpose. 

 

There are other things we do under the threshold of consciousness, like driving. 

 

The brain is like a multitasking operating system. 

 

If you want to believe this article proves an infinite spirit world, that's fine. This article does not convince me. 

 

The brain is using the same thing we see in interference patterns. The physical brain is translating what we are thinking from it. Alzheimer's disease shows a signal that gets messed up from a physical brain that is mushy. All quantum effects can be attributed to interference. All quantum effects have to be unobserved and coherent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, florduh said:

An actual god would need nothing. 

 

Superstition and science, who would've thunk it?

 

 

schrod.jpg

 

Let's talk about the cat for a second. The purpose was to demonstrate how weird QM is. The problem is that you can't domino effect coherence to a local object that can remain local on its own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

 

No value in knowing where Uncertainty and Entropy come from? Laughable

 

You claimed that the double slit experiment was a scientific proof of sin, Joe.

 

I have shown that it is not, citing evidence to that effect.

 

Therefore, your initial claim about the double slit experiment being a proof of sin has no value.

 

Furthermore, anything else you claim, based upon that experiment is also without value.

 

 

But, if you can demonstrate (and not just claim) that the experiment is a proof, please cite your evidence.

 

 

 

Thank you.

 

Walter.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator
6 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

If memories are not stored, how is the pattern stored for the neurotransmitters that reconstruct memories at synaptic junctions?

I forgot.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you need the cliff notes:

Are local objects that can remain local on their own, closed scalar volumes that have entropy?

Is entropy disorder? Is sin disorder?

Is God's Kingdom orderly? Is it Coherent?
Is this reality of the fallen Decoherent?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This one pretends to be all "sciency" and stuff.  How quaint.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator
1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Is entropy disorder? Is sin disorder?

We know what entropy is and we know what disorder is. What the fuck is "sin?"

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Maybe you need the cliff notes:

Are local objects that can remain local on their own, closed scalar volumes that have entropy?

Is entropy disorder? Is sin disorder?

Is God's Kingdom orderly? Is it Coherent?
Is this reality of the fallen Decoherent?

 

I think your post is incoherent. :)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

What allows us to do Lust, Greed, Ego, and Pride

 

Sin is nonsense. 

 

Bible God seems to have an ego and pride problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator
6 minutes ago, midniterider said:

 

Sin is nonsense. 

 

Bible God seems to have an ego and pride problem.

Not to mention lust.  Impregnating the holy virgin like the motherfucker he is.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Not to mention lust.  Impregnating the holy virgin like the motherfucker he is.

Now *THAT'S* a quantum superposition!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, DestinyTurtle said:

Now *THAT'S* a quantum superposition!

Strange way to describe reverse cowgirl, but okay...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You either get an interference pattern or you don't.
When you don't, the wave collapsed into our fallen reality of decoherence.
When you do, the wave remained coherent until the final panel.

Waves don't have entropy. They don't have disorder. Sounds like what God would use for a spiritual universe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Corinthians 5%3A21&version=ESV

2 Corinthians 5:21

 

Quote

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

 

When it says "to be sin", could it mean physical?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Corinthians 5%3A21&version=ESV

2 Corinthians 5:21

 

 

When it says "to be sin", could it mean physical?

 

Why do you believe this fictional book?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.