Goodbye Jesus

how large is Hell? How large is the staff in Hell?

alreadyGone

Thinking of the sheer volume of humans slated to be condemned to an eternity in Hell, it must be a really huge place.

If it all ended now, and judgement were at hand already, today, (there goes the weekend!) how many would you assume to be headed to Hell? 

1 billion? 3 billion?  More?

What about the earlier versions of man, such as Neanderthals?

Will there be a separate section in Hell for them, or will all humanoids going back to the early pre-human primates be there in the same general confinement?

What would you suppose to be the demon-tormentor/humans-being-punished ratio?

How many demons and/or fallen angels does it take to manage such a place?

Running a 24/7 torment-mill for hundreds of billions of humans would require some management. Are there administrative and managerial devils?

Just some thoughts which flitter through my mind from time to time... usually in the early AM.

• Super Moderator

Hell isn't real.

• Like 2

The Bible says there is a hell.

• Super Moderator

the bible isn't true.

• Like 1

How many devils can dance on the head of a pin?

6 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

the bible isn't true.

Imagine the spike in unemployment among ministers and priests if this news gets around.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, alreadyGone said:

Imagine the spike in unemployment among ministers and priests if this news gets around.

It'd be hell, I'm sure. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

Thinking of the sheer volume of humans slated to be condemned to an eternity in Hell, it must be a really huge place.

If it all ended now, and judgement were at hand already, today, (there goes the weekend!) how many would you assume to be headed to Hell?  100 billion? 300 billion?  More?

Will there be a separate section in Hell for them, or will all humanoids going back to the early pre-human primates be there in the same general confinement?

Running a 24/7 torment-mill for hundreds of billions of humans would require some management. Are there administrative and managerial devils?

Just some thoughts which flitter through my mind from time to time... usually in the early AM.

What if there are people who are too dumb to feel pain?

Is there a special section for masochists?

What happens if someone starts witnessing for Jesus, down there in Hell?

Everyone would be reduced to the size of an atom.  That would not take up as much space, and lower the food bill. 😁

4 hours ago, midniterider said:

What happens if someone starts witnessing for Jesus, down there in Hell?

They would give them Hell!

I think Hell keeps expanding. More room for God to put people in. As long as humans live, reproduce and die, Hell expands. Gods gotta keep his word and send most everyone down there himself. Matthew 7:13,14 and Matthew7:21-23

On 1/23/2021 at 11:22 AM, alreadyGone said:

If it all ended now, and judgement were at hand already, today, (there goes the weekend!) how many would you assume to be headed to Hell? 

Given the immense size of the universe, the amount of space needed for billions of humans in hell isn't really that great, AlreadyGone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_on_Zanzibar

The primary engine of the novel's story is overpopulation and its projected consequences.[2] The title refers to an early twentieth-century claim that the world's population could fit onto the Isle of Wight—which has an area of 381 square kilometres (147 sq mi)—if they were all standing upright. Brunner remarked that the growing world population now required a larger island; the 3.5 billion people living in 1968 could stand together on the Isle of Man [area 572 square kilometres (221 sq mi)], while the 7 billion people who he (correctly) projected would be alive in 2010 would need to stand on Zanzibar [area 1,554 square kilometres (600 sq mi)].[4] Throughout the book, the image of the entire human race standing shoulder-to-shoulder on a small island is a metaphor for a crowded world.

Please try looking at Zanzibar on a world map to see how tiny it is.

Then multiply by however many humans have lived.

The amount of space needed for everyone in Hell really won't amount to much.

Thank you.

Walter.

On 1/23/2021 at 5:52 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Hell isn't real.

I got banned from a christian forum (www.christianforums.com) for saying that hell isn't real. Oh well.

12 hours ago, Timothew said:

I got banned from a christian forum (www.christianforums.com) for saying that hell isn't real. Oh well.

Banned?

Must have been devastating.  🙂

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
12 hours ago, Timothew said:

What the hell?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

One of the things I greatly respect about our website is that we have a specific forum where christians are encouraged to share their beliefs.  It's not always cordial, and can sometimes turn into a right royal bowdy-how; but we don't automatically ban christians for sharing their unpopular opinions.  If they do get themselves banned, it's generally on account of repeated rule infracture or just piss-poor behavior.

• Like 3

On 1/23/2021 at 3:22 AM, alreadyGone said:

I've heard that it's estimated more have died than are alive today so probably lots more than your estimate.  What are your requirements for going to hell?  That would help sort the numbers.  We'll also need to know how big a "soul" is.  Smaller than a person obviously.  They had that whole 21 grams thing a hundred years ago.  A paper clip is about 1 gram so about 21 paper clips per person?  (Lots of empty space in a paper clip but most of us are familiar with a small paper clip)  Anyhoo, let's say 7 billion, roughly the same as alive today, in hell all about the size of 21 paper clips.  So about 147 billion paper clips.  If we just go ahead and give them about 1 cubic inch of space that's about 85,000,000 cubic feet.  Which, according to my calculator, is also about 643 swimming pools.

Exactly.  What about all the still-borns, miscarriages and all that?  Lots of possibilities for the hell bound.

I suppose we should also take into account the magical conversion that supposedly took place when jesus "descended into hell" as well.  How many got with program?  Anyone?  Everyone?  What if he simply "planted the seed" and xianity is spreading in hell like it did on Earth?  What's really the situation there?

Fallen angels/demons can't run hell since it was the place made for them.  For some reason they get to come and go as they please while no one else can but, still, it's their place of punishment.  So they're peers not authorities.  The authority is god who denies being the authority by saying you brought it on yourself and you want to live in this hell.  However, if you say you want to live another way that request is denied.

Some fiction has so many plot-holes that it just can't be salvaged.  It's fun to mess around with the problems though.

mwc

• Haha 1

Well played sir, well played.

11 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

Banned?

Must have been devastating.  🙂

It was at the time.

9 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

One of the things I greatly respect about our website is that we have a specific forum where christians are encouraged to share their beliefs.  It's not always cordial, and can sometimes turn into a right royal bowdy-how; but we don't automatically ban christians for sharing their unpopular opinions.  If they do get themselves banned, it's generally on account of repeated rule infracture or just piss-poor behavior.

Technically it was for rule breaking, posting about hell outside of the "unorthodox theology" section. People kept asking questions about hell, and since I had done a lot of bible study about hell, I answered their questions. I was (or am? IDK) an annihilationist. 

Here's a sample, if you like:

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-wages-of-sin-is-death-not-eternal-torment-in-hell.7753112/

5 hours ago, Timothew said:

Good grief.

Pages and pages of "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?".

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

Good grief.

Haha, thanks. It seemed important at the time. Now I know that religion is the game where everything is made up and the points don't matter.

• Super Moderator
4 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

Good grief.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it's been pointed out recently, that this IS hell. And WE are it's staff...

• Haha 1

On 1/27/2021 at 2:29 AM, alreadyGone said:

Good grief.

On 1/27/2021 at 7:28 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I am ashamed to say that there is more than that. A lot more.