Goodbye Jesus

What causes Uncertainty?

pittsburghjoe

17 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

There's an aorta, a couple of ventricles, an atrium or two, along with a series of valves--tricuspid and what not--and an inferior vena cava.

Exactly.

19 minutes ago, Christianchat_Chat said:

we will be in the 'Dark' and yet think we are in the 'Light'.  we might lash out at others, make fun of them, even wrongly judge them , thinking they are wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.. endlessly against the very ideas that could help us learn even more 'truth' - about - Everything.

And it is incumbent on you to present these ideas.  These ideas must withstand scrutiny and each person then decides what weight to assign it.  We have multiple avenues by which to scrutinize ideas, and throughout our long history certain avenues and methods have proved more reliable than others.

Several ideas have been presented by @pittsburghjoe in these threads and each have thus far abjectly failed under scrutiny.  Several members have pointed out he keeps putting the cart before the horse with his discussion of sin.  Good and bad things happen today, happened yesterday, and will happen tomorrow.  To label any of them "sin" requires the existence of a god to label them such.  He apparently breaks down at this level by simply rephrasing or reposting the same ideas.

What is interesting, and a few others have pointed out, is his conception of the omnigod and inclusion of QM does not require a biblical understanding of god.  I've asked twice in another thread and pretty sure LogicalFallacy as well, why pittsburghjoe has wedded his belief structure to Christianity specifically.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why? Why? Because I see this reality for what it actually is. It would be super awesome if one you clicked the video about the Shroud of Turin.

• Admin
38 minutes ago, Christianchat_Chat said:

He/It knows everything (i believe), we do not.  this is why Freedom of Mind is so very Important.  the unshackled mind can learn anything (theoretically).  become too shackled (by upbringing, by any wrong beliefs, ideas - Religious or Otherwise) and we run up against walls of our Mind.  without even knowing it.

we will be in the 'Dark' and yet think we are in the 'Light'.  we might lash out at others, make fun of them, even wrongly judge them , thinking they are wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.. endlessly against the very ideas that could help us learn even more 'truth' - about - Everything.

"Takes one to know one," so the saying goes...  :argue:

• Admin
18 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Why? Why? Because I see this reality for what it actually is. It would be super awesome if one you clicked the video about the Shroud of Turin.

2018: Forensic scientists have once again concluded that the Shroud of Turin, supposedly the burial cloth Jesus was wrapped in after his crucifixion, was artificially created.

www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna892251

27 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Instead of the shroud, how about Jesus just show up in person? He could teleport us all to New York for a nice meal. We could all meet each other along with Jesus. You could say, "I told you so, you damn ex-Christians..." 

If only.... he existed...which he does not. :)

3 hours ago, Christianchat_Chat said:

the Bible says many things.  :)  but we each must decide what it means.

Hello Christian.  :)

You may not know it, but you've inadvertently hit upon one of the things that helped a lot of us become Ex-Christians.

Thousands of Christian denominations, cults and sects have each decided for themselves what the Bible means and they can't agree upon it.

Worse, individual believers have done exactly what you've suggested and decided for themselves, drawing their own, entirely personal meanings of what scripture is saying.

This kind of splintered, fractured and highly individualistic Christianity doesn't sound much like the united body of Christ that Jesus called his followers to become.

That's what happens when your faith relies on entirely subjective ways of interpreting scripture.

There are no collective and objective checks and balances to rein in individual subjectivity.

Worse still, by relying on feelings and emotions to guide you, you make yourself prey to physical and psychological factors that are outside your control.

While praying for guidance, is that warm feeling inside you the holy spirit or is it your low blood sugar affecting your emotional state?

Is that sensation god guiding you or is it your subconscious mind influencing you?

Is it Jesus or something else?

There's no objective way of knowing.

Realizing this helped kill our faith and converted many of us into Ex-Christians.

Walter.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

So if you made a shroud-like image by wrapping a cloth around your head.....

main-qimg-c6e0af9eb069281c0974530a2e72326d.png

• Thanks 1

If you watched the video it explains why it doesn't look like that.

54 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

If you watched the video it explains why it doesn't look like that.

I would like you to watch a 90 minute video by Matt Dillahunty. 

4 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

He is testing if you are going to attempt to bring this fallen reality back after it's done.

Can you re-state this using other terms?

"bring this fallen reality back" makes precisely no sense.

There's no reasonable construct of current English-language vernacular which even appears to pertain.

If you believe that an all-powerful God set up this reality to include all the hazard described in the Bible including of course the workings of Satan and his numerous minions human and devil, then what is it you believe God wants us to do about it?

Does "sovereign" mean something other than the expected conventional English-language usage to you? Is there any other meaning to be used, but "all-powerful"?

The fallen reality is the physical reality. You don't claim unobserved waves are real ..so they are not physical either.

Did Satan end up with authority because he was here first and got it from us when we surrendered it ..as a default procedure?

6 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

Note the self-approval.  This one believes he is special.

Well this is nothing new. Didn't the last guy through here think he was oh so special. Sadly that one just suffered from Dunning-Kruger.

2 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Are you a Catholic? I've never seen a protestant bring up the Shroud of Turin hence the assumption.

By all means use anything I have said and claim it as your own. The last thing a Christian wants is fame.

Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

By all means use anything I have said and claim it as your own. The last thing a Christian wants is fame.

Oh you haven't seen all the Televangelists have you? They like the fame and fortune alright.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

The fallen reality is the physical reality. You don't claim unobserved waves are real ..so they are not physical either.

Did Satan end up with authority because he was here first and got it from us when we surrendered it ..as a default procedure?

Any evidence a supernatural evil entity? 

Or, just more empty assertions? 

2 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Oh you haven't seen all the Televangelists have you? They like the fame and fortune alright.

They are playing a dangerous game.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

The last thing a Christian wants is fame.

Another unsupported assertion... They just keep coming and coming...

• Admin
1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You are playing a silly game.

2 hours ago, WalterP said:

Hello Christian.  :)

You may not know it, but you've inadvertently hit upon one of the things that helped a lot of us become Ex-Christians.

Thousands of Christian denominations, cults and sects have each decided for themselves what the Bible means and they can't agree upon it. ...

I've quoted previously..

almost every serious believer I knew, and nearly every minister with whom I had that discussion at some time or other exclaimed "now see, that's where most Christians have it wrong... I've read the bible twice and I can tell you that what it really means, is...."

Once or twice it was expressed as "that's where most Americans have it wrong!.."

In the same way, as my belief ended I spoke with several ministers. Some at length across more than one session. They all fell at some point into a posture of "well, you've got it all figured out then!".

A posture and choice of words that clearly meant "look... the problem here is you. You have all these doubts and questions, you won't just accept the truth I'm telling you. That's your fault, it's a matter of your attitude. Don't be you, just be me instead."

As I experienced the same thing repeatedly, other believers told me "you can't rely on ministers, you have to rely on yourself.".

And so, here I am.

One minster told me a couple times that men in his congregation were always like peeling away layers to get at what they really meant to say.

He said that it was a pleasure counseling me because I said what I meant without hiding it. He insisted repeatedly over time that there was no way I could ever offend him.

Last I spoke with him he was almost screaming.

41 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

preaching to people that  they are saved if they merely say a prayer.  and asking for money over and over again to preach (yet another millionth time) how to be saved - i.e. say a prayer. 

49 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Beside the point. Your assertion that Christians don't want fame is clearly false.

Just now, Christianchat_Chat said:

preaching to people that  they are saved if they merely say a prayer.  and asking for money over and over again to preach (yet another millionth time) how to be saved - i.e. say a prayer. 

Not to mention all other baloney that goes on in Christianity.

4 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Not to mention all other baloney that goes on in Christianity.

lol yeah.

not to mention the boredom at times.