Goodbye Jesus

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

pittsburghjoe

1 Corinthians 15:50

Is anyone getting the hint that physicality isn't in Heaven for humans that are not Jesus?

If we don't have a physical body in Heaven, why would we have one before original sin? If physicality is what allows sin to happen, why would it be possible in Heaven?

You know how people with near death experiences can account for themselves in Heaven? Do you think they are physical when their body is temporarily dead on Earth?

Does "For our sake he made him to be sin" mean Jesus was made in a way that could interact with this fallen reality?

2 Corinthians 5:21

• Admin

OK, fine. Let's for the sake of discussion let us agree that your unique interpretation of Christian eschatology is beautious perfection. 

So what. Now what. 

If you're not physical ..that usually means you are quantum waves. The point is for you see this physical reality as a test. To consider that maybe you should look for the way out of it.

• Super Moderator

You've been peddling this same unsubstantiated nonsense through multiple pages of multiple threads in multiple forums and still don't have any buyers.  Take a hint, joe.

Is the goal of ex-christian.net to remain ex-Christian no matter what you may come across? Is there something that says you can't consider something that one of us with this Christian Believer badge has? Do you look at the icon first before deciding to read what they say? You know what I claim to know, why would someone that sees the light just give up on you?

1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Is anyone getting the hint that physicality isn't in Heaven for humans that are not Jesus?

If we don't have a physical body in Heaven, why would we have one before original sin? If physicality is what allows sin to happen, why would it be possible in Heaven?

You know how people with near death experiences can account for themselves in Heaven? Do you think they are physical when their body is temporarily dead on Earth?

You are not accounting for people who are not Christians and having similar experiences, but related to their religions, which by your logic should substantiate their religion. Now obviously Christianity and another religion cannot be true at the same time so you'd better sort out this issue before you proceed in this thread, otherwise it's all meaningless.

• Admin
48 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

The point is for you see this physical reality as a test

Ok, fine. Reality is just a test. Now what?

2 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Is the goal of ex-christian.net to remain ex-Christian no matter what you may come across? Is there something that says you can't consider something that one of us with this Christian Believer badge has? Do you look at the icon first before deciding to read what they say? You know what I claim to know, why would someone that sees the light just give up on you?

What would convince you that God isn't real and your faith is meaningless? 

• Admin

Is the goal of ex-christian.net to remain ex-Christian no matter what you may come across?

Is the goal of PBJ to preach his wave religion beliefs no matter what he may come across? 

3 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You are not accounting for people who are not Christians and having similar experiences, but related to their religions, which by your logic should substantiate their religion. Now obviously Christianity and another religion cannot be true at the same time so you'd better sort out this issue before you proceed in this thread, otherwise it's all meaningless.

Any near death experience that gets you understand is fine with me.

3 minutes ago, webmdave said:

Ok, fine. Reality is just a test. Now what?

Now you look for the way out ..the way ..the way.

Jesus is the way.

4 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

What would convince you that God isn't real and your faith is meaningless? 

I've already been there, I was probably worse than you. It dawned on me a couple years ago that this reality doesn't add up.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Now you look for the way out ..the way ..the way.

Jesus is the way.

OK, for the sake of discusson, I'm looking. Now what? 

We gave in to Satan, he has a claim on you. He owns you. He wants you to stay with him when this place gets hot.

If you honestly try to find God you will be forgiven and out of Satan's inventory.

• Admin

OK, got it. So, do I have to do something, or what? Juat say "I believe" and I am good, or is there something else involved?

I mean, do I still have to pay bills, wipe my ass after taking a shit, eat animal and vegitable flesh, feed my kids, fuck my wife, or can I just get on with the wave thing?

Sounds sarcastic, I know, bur beyond accepting this idea of yours, what is next? How am I supposed to live each day until my wave transmorgification? What specific non-particle activities should fill my time?

• Super Moderator
32 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Is the goal of ex-christian.net to remain ex-Christian no matter what you may come across?

No.  The goal of ex-christian.net is to support former christians who may be struggling to come to terms with life and reality outside of the religious bubble.

Is there something that says you can't consider something that one of us with this Christian Believer badge has?

No.  We simply find that we have already heard, and considered, what bearers of the christian badge have to say.  Some wrap it in a flag; others in philosophy.  We've even had one clown who tried to dress it up in vectors and waves and shit.  Thing is, it always boils down to unsupported claims, no matter what fancy words enshroud it.

Do you look at the icon first before deciding to read what they say?

If you're not happy with your icon, I'd be happy to change it for you.

You know what I claim to know, why would someone that sees the light just give up on you?

We do know what you know; and we have seen the light you believe you see.  But now we see something different; we know something different.  We're happy to share what we know and see; but until you unsee and unknow, you will always be blind and ignorant.

• Like 1

It's usually a good sign when you attempt to get other people to not burn. It means you actually believe it. You see this cesspool for what it is. You don't want to add to your sin count for the end.

• Admin

It's usually a good sign when you attempt to get other people to not burn. It means you actually believe it. You see this cesspool for what it is. You don't want to add to your sin count for the end.

Oh, so winning converts is a requirement, then? 

And what do you mean by burn? 

• Super Moderator
Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

Except that the flames are only in your own imagination, and you pat yourself on the back for accomplishing literally nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

No.  The goal of ex-christian.net is to support former christians who may be struggling to come to terms with life and reality outside of the religious bubble.

No.  We simply find that we have already heard, and considered, what bearers of the christian badge have to say.  Some wrap it in a flag; others in philosophy.  We've even had one clown who tried to dress it up in vectors and waves and shit.  Thing is, it always boils down to unsupported claims, no matter what fancy words enshroud it.

If you're not happy with your icon, I'd be happy to change it for you.

We do know what you know; and we have seen the light you believe you see.  But now we see something different; we know something different.  We're happy to share what we know and see; but until you unsee and unknow, you. Will always be blind and ignorant.

Is there the chance you didn't actually see the light? I didn't until I was born again.

3 minutes ago, webmdave said:

Oh, so winning converts is a requirement, then? 

And what do you mean by burn? 

It isn't a requirement .but consider who the Judge is ..they are going to know if you are sincere.

Jesus says the place gets horrible.

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Is there the chance you didn't actually see the light? I didn't until I was born again.

No.  Thrre is no chance that I did not see the light.  Using the same evidence and criteria as you are using now, I was as certain I had seen the light, and been born again, as you are.

• Admin
1 minute ago, pittsburghjoe said:

This is interesting to me. How come you are able to see the light when others are not. Are you spiritually superior? 

The thing is, I'm still not sure about quantum entanglement. And, thanks to PJ, I'm not even sure what causes my uncertainty. So how can I be expected to take this seriously?

I'm sure that at some point in the ensuing discussion the quantum field dynamics will supercede my limited understanding. Then the divergence of the Higgs' field will show that Newton should have just eaten the Gosh Darned apple, thereby once more committing the fabled original sin, and starting the entanglement process anew. Enter Maxwell, to show that Christ crucified, when properly understood, diverges from our modern understanding. Surely this gradient vector Poynts to a deeper, transcendent reality. It makes my toes curl to think about it.

• Thanks 1

• Admin

It isn't a requirement .but consider who the Judge is ..they are going to know if you are sincere.

Jesus says the place gets horrible.

So I must prove my sincerity to your idea? I still don't know what to do. Never been a wave.