Goodbye Jesus

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

pittsburghjoe

Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

Is this the den or not?

Yes this is the den, but that's irrelevant.

Closing the thread because your sick of new ideas?

No, I'm sick of the circles we've been going in with multiple threads with you failing to give straight answers and poping up with un-substantiated woo. I don't have to entertain every stupid idea out there seriously to know they are a waste of brain power. I watched one guy today trying to explain how rock formations are actually remains of giants from old. That's kooky and so is you entropy quantum scalar mumbo jumbo. You have provide noting to even substantiate your claims. Just assertion, assertion, assertion, failure to respond adequately, logical fallacies, then more new assertions... i.e. a circle.

Tell me what you you think entropy is. We are experiencing the choice Adam and Eve had, but from within the fallen reality. We are choosing disorder (entropy/sin) or order (peace). Adam and Eve got us into the mess, but we have the choice to get out of it with Jesus.

Entropy is not just disorder like you seem to think it is. Go study a science book.

The mere fact that you seem to think Adam and Eve were real also indicates that you think the world is 6,000 years old and humans didn't evolve. Well if you do think that you are factually incorrect. Full stop, period.

1 minute ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Yes this is the den, but that's irrelevant.

No, I'm sick of the circles we've been going in with multiple threads with you failing to give straight answers and poping up with un-substantiated woo. I don't have to entertain every stupid idea out there seriously to know they are a waste of brain power. I watched one guy today trying to explain how rock formations are actually remains of giants from old. That's kooky and so is you entropy quantum scalar mumbo jumbo. You have provide noting to even substantiate your claims. Just assertion, assertion, assertion, failure to respond adequately, logical fallacies, then more new assertions... i.e. a circle.

Entropy is not just disorder like you seem to think it is. Go study a science book.

The mere fact that you seem to think Adam and Eve were real also indicates that you think the world is 6,000 years old and humans didn't evolve. Well if you do think that you are factually incorrect. Full stop, period.

This thread isn't based on Entropy. You're one begging to bring it up again ..why? so you can have a reason to close this?

8 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

This thread isn't based on Entropy. You're one begging to bring it up again ..why? so you can have a reason to close this?

I was curious as to your understanding (which you clearly lack) and seeing if you are able to learn and at least attempt to respond reasonably to a post rather than replying without answering which is all you've done thus far.

However we've sorted the entropy issue out, so I'd suggest putting your last highest quality answers to the others before this thread is shut down. IF (and I won't hold my breath) you actually come up with something truly worth considering we can leave it open. I have my doubts though.

On 1/27/2021 at 6:30 PM, webmdave said:

OK, got it. So, do I have to do something, or what? Juat say "I believe" and I am good, or is there something else involved?

I mean, do I still have to pay bills, wipe my ass after taking a shit, eat animal and vegitable flesh, feed my kids, fuck my wife, or can I just get on with the wave thing?

Sounds sarcastic, I know, bur beyond accepting this idea of yours, what is next? How am I supposed to live each day until my wave transmorgification? What specific non-particle activities should fill my time?

I'm thinking you need a surfboard for the wave thing...catch a gnarly wave through the Door...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I was curious as to your understanding (which you clearly lack) and seeing if you are able to learn and at least attempt to respond reasonably to a post rather than replying without answering which is all you've done thus far.

However we've sorted the entropy issue out, so I'd suggest putting your last highest quality answers to the others before this thread is shut down. IF (and I won't hold my breathe) you actually come up with something truly worth considering we can leave it open. I have my doubts though.

You need give me an idea of what you know of entropy? Are you more on the quantum information side?

If an eternal soul is required to think like God ..what do you think happens to a soul that doesn't want infinite order (syntropy/coherence)? The soul is eternal, it has to keep existing somewhere. If it choses to remain in disorder (entropy), that is what it is going to get.

Ok, I was late to this....I've read a page or two.....thought it was gonna be cool, but am sadly disappointed.  Was hoping for a mechanism between quantum mechanics and God.  No such luck.  Back to Moses glowed in the presence of God.  His shit was excited.  See, that I can get on board with.  Adios Joe.

2 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Ok, I was late to this....I've read a page or two.....thought it was gonna be cool, but am sadly disappointed.  Was hoping for a mechanism between quantum mechanics and God.  No such luck.  Back to Moses glowed in the presence of God.  His shit was excited.  See, that I can get on board with.  Adios Joe.

Just tell someone to look into wave-particle duality ..the double slit experiment, if you want them to consider if there is something more going on.

In the absence of any hope for eternal life, I plan to become a wave of coherent light, shining out across the universe..  If I have enough energy that is.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You need give me an idea of what you know of entropy?

No i don't, you are the one making the claim, YOU are the one that has to substantiate the claim. That's how things work.

Are you more on the quantum information side?

Whenever I hear anyone other than a scientist talking about quantum I am pretty sure they don't have a clue what they are talking about. Heck the great scientist Richard Feynman said "If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics."

If an eternal soul is required to think like God ..what do you think happens to a soul that doesn't want infinite order (syntropy/coherence)? The soul is eternal, it has to keep existing somewhere. If it choses to remain in disorder (entropy), that is what it is going to get.

I don't think a soul exists period. No evidence has ever been presented to me that makes me think, oh yes, soul.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Yep, and we've been through two threads of this.

And with that this thread is over. Thank you to those who contributed. 

No i don't, you are the one making the claim, YOU are the one that has to substantiate the claim. That's how things work.

Whenever I hear anyone other than a scientist talking about quantum I am pretty sure they don't have a clue what they are talking about. Heck the great scientist Richard Feynman said "If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics."

I don't think a soul exists period. No evidence has ever been presented to me that makes me think, oh yes, soul.

You just showed your cards ..you're just abusing your mod power because you can.

You just showed your cards ..you're just abusing your mod power because you can.

You mean "abusing" by letting your posts through so members can respond, responding to your posts, and giving fair warning of locking time to give you sufficient time to produce something of substance? 

Well if that's abuse I'll take it.

We have a late final word from Midniterider which I have decided to include on his behalf:

Jesus could also just wave his magic wand and we would all be sinless and headed for eternal paradise. To heck with this free-will nonsense. If Jesus really wants us to go to heaven, he'd just take us there instead of risking us making the 'wrong' choice with our free will. 

Free will isnt always what a wise authority should allow, anyway. Humans take away other humans' free will all the time for our well-being. Parents dont let children do stupid stuff that will harm them. Cops dont let people overdose on drugs and commit suicide.

God, on the other hand doesnt care if you burn in hell forever. Thanks for the love, buddy.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

....I missed the party.

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Hierophant said:

....I missed the party.

:vent:

57 minutes ago, Hierophant said:

....I missed the party.

It's ok, you didn't miss much, and you're invited to the next one whenever it is :D 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Hierophant said:

....I missed the party.

It's ok, you didn't miss much, and you're invited to the next one whenever it is :D 

Yes.  And bring chips. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You mean like posting in a locked thread when you can not? 

😜

You see, I'm not particle based matter. No, I am pure transcendent consciousness, infinite and eternal.

'I am yesterday, today, and tomorrow! I have the power to be born a second time. I am the creator and source of all the gods.' 

Who am I? 

YHWH or Brahman???

If your guess was YHWH, then you are mistaken.

What you've done here, "conscious" or otherwise, is take all of the popular QM arguments that New Ager's and HIndu mystics use to demonstrate the existence of Brahman, and scratched out the name Brahman and place you're personal pet theistic belief in Brahmans place. 

None of this amounts to YHWH, btw. These are arguments for the existence of Brahman. And you're either being intellectually dishonest or simply don't even understand what you're doing as you're doing it. And it's hard to say which is the case.