Goodbye Jesus

Can We Know Eternal

Edgarcito

3 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Aggravated?   Sarcasm?  Perhaps a bit of both.  Why do you ask?

Like I said, it makes sense to me that if I had spent 50 years discerning my take on things, I'd hope to be satisfied with my decision.  You don't seem satisfied to me based on what I've read.  Just wish the best for you....don't want people to die aggravated.

4 hours ago, WalterP said:

No need for educated research or faith to see what the Bible actually says about what happened in Eden.

It's written there.

Just read it.

Perhaps you should try doing just that, Edgarcito?

Then you can use what you see to answer my question.

Why didn't god make Adam fit to pass the test of moral knowledge?

I don't have a copy of the Big Book of Creation Walter....the mythical version of course.  Thx.

3 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Like I said, it makes sense to me that if I had spent 50 years discerning my take on things, I'd hope to be satisfied with my decision.  You don't seem satisfied to me based on what I've read.  Just wish the best for you....don't want people to die aggravated.

You are a master of sarcasm.  Are you satisfied with that?  It's not a quality I consider "Christian".  But I guess you are a special Christian, and God will forgive you for being sarcastic with heathens.

I am content and satisfied with my decision about religion, and am ready for what ever is on the other side of this life.  Thank you for what I can tell is genuine concern.

But perhaps I let my sadness get turned to aggravation when I think about how many millions of people have fell for religious superstitions.  How many people have been killed in religious wars.  How many poor people have been given their hard earned money to sly, scheming preachers.  And how many people come here getting their jollies from skirting on the edge of being a troll.  

1 hour ago, Edgarcito said:

Sounds reasonable to me.  But when I read your posts, you seem more aggravated than not.  I would think that if you have done the work to sort out "God" through your lifetime, you would be more content.  Or am I just misreading the tone of your posts.

Note how End3 misses the third, fourth and other choices here.

1 hour ago, Weezer said:

You are a master of sarcasm.  Are you satisfied with that?  It's not a quality I consider "Christian".  But I guess you are a special Christian, and God will forgive you for being sarcastic with heathens.

I am content and satisfied with my decision about religion, and am ready for what ever is on the other side of this life.  Thank you for what I can tell is genuine concern.

But perhaps I let my sadness get turned to aggravation when I think about how many millions of people have fell for religious superstitions.  How many people have been killed in religious wars.  How many poor people have been given their hard earned money to sly, scheming preachers.  And how many people come here getting their jollies from skirting on the edge of being a troll.  

Yeah and perhaps I’m not being a troll but have my own reasons for aggravation...but you’re satisfied with your stance.  Hate to be in your shoes at your advanced age.  And the irony here is your on the side of intellectualism... 

have my own reasons for aggravation...

Would you care to share what that reason is?

And I might add, I wasn't worried about the afterlife as a christian, and after praying to God to help me discern truth, he led me to agnosticism, if you believe he answers prayers.   And I'm still not worried.  My Dad, bless his soul, was a devout Christian, but worried till his dying day whether he would go to heaven. 

Now would you care to answer the question above?

2 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Hate to be in your shoes at your advanced age.  

Sounds like you are trying to do the same thing Pittsburghjoe was doing.  Trying to get us all to see the way to heaven.  But your way of doing it is more sarcastic.  VERY EFFECTIVE!

7 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

I don't have a copy of the Big Book of Creation Walter....the mythical version of course.  Thx.

Why would you need the Big Book of Creation when (according to what you told BAA) you're a Biblical Inerrantist?

Hence my suggestion to you, Edgarcito.

Why don't you just read what the Bible actually says happened in Eden, since what's written there cannot be in error?

Then you can use what you find to answer my question.

Your quip about the book of creation is just another example of what I mentioned earlier.

You'll do anything to prevent your faith being challenged. 

Including actually reading what the Bible actually says.

Now, please put on your Inerrancy glasses, read Genesis and answer my question.

Why didn't god make Adam fit to pass the test of moral knowledge?

Thank you.

Walter.

9 hours ago, Weezer said:

Would you care to share what that reason is?

And I might add, I wasn't worried about the afterlife as a christian, and after praying to God to help me discern truth, he led me to agnosticism, if you believe he answers prayers.   And I'm still not worried.  My Dad, bless his soul, was a devout Christian, but worried till his dying day whether he would go to heaven. 

Now would you care to answer the question above?

No, if I told you then we might start to know each other, which would lead to understanding and grace and forgiveness....and that's to close to what the Book says.  So I'll just suggest you go see a therapist.  Thx.

5 hours ago, WalterP said:

Why would you need the Big Book of Creation when (according to what you told BAA) you're a Biblical Inerrantist?

Hence my suggestion to you, Edgarcito.

Why don't you just read what the Bible actually says happened in Eden, since what's written there cannot be in error?

Then you can use what you find to answer my question.

Your quip about the book of creation is just another example of what I mentioned earlier.

You'll do anything to prevent your faith being challenged. 

Including actually reading what the Bible actually says.

Now, please put on your Inerrancy glasses, read Genesis and answer my question.

Thank you.

Walter.

There's not enough detail Walter and the Spirit has not lead me yet to a better synopsis.  Thx.

8 hours ago, Weezer said:

Sounds like you are trying to do the same thing Pittsburghjoe was doing.  Trying to get us all to see the way to heaven.  But your way of doing it is more sarcastic.  VERY EFFECTIVE!

Just trying to live up to the troll label you put out there....

• Haha 1

Just trying to live up to the troll label you put out there....

You are doing a good job of it.  But I won't be participating anymore.  ENJOY!

34 minutes ago, Weezer said:

You are doing a good job of it.  But I won't be participating anymore.  ENJOY!

It's a free service....come back any time after you have reconsidered your errors...

2 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

There's not enough detail Walter and the Spirit has not lead me yet to a better synopsis.  Thx.

Then why don't we just go with the detail that's present in the Genesis narrative?

As an Inerrantist you're happy that it is historically accurate, right?

Also, why would you need the spirit, when you and I could just look at what's written.

Btw, I notice that you still haven't answered the question I put to you, Edgarcito.

I asked PittsburghJoe over twenty times to give a straight answer to a straight question and he refused every time.

So, please just answer the question.

Here it is again.

Thank you.

Walter.

On 2/2/2021 at 8:22 PM, Edgarcito said:

It doesn't matter whether Adam knew or not.... God gave him instructions.  Perhaps God created humans but still hoped that they followed his heart. 

What... God didn't know?

He created distant galaxies, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, the duckbill platypus, and even light itself..

But having created Adam and Eve, had no idea what they were.

And yet the Bible declares repeatedly that God knows us to the center of our being, physically, mentally, spiritually.

• Super Moderator
32 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

He created distant galaxies, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, the duckbill platypus, and even light itself

And he still takes time to worry about people enjoying butt stuff.

Just now, TheRedneckProfessor said:

And he still takes time to worry about people enjoying butt stuff.

oh thats nasty -small.jpg

41 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

What... God didn't know?

He created distant galaxies, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, the duckbill platypus, and even light itself..

But having created Adam and Eve, had no idea what they were.

And yet the Bible declares repeatedly that God knows us to the center of our being, physically, mentally, spiritually.

This is the kind of inconsistency in his faith that I'd like Edgarcito to open his eyes to, AG.

He claims to hold to Biblical Inerrancy, but also believes things that are not supported by scripture.

Thank you for (trying to) keep him honest.

Walter.

I create you with free will! And naivety. Now do as I say. 

My heart will ache if my creations in whom I have given free will, make their own choices.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084726/mediaviewer/rm2619773697/

In Star Trek 2 : The Wrath of Khan, when the U.S.S. Reliant refused to answer the Enterprise's requests for communication, Admiral Kirk scratched his chin and muttered, "Now this is damned peculiar!"

Like Kirk I'm finding Edgarcito's refusal to examine the text of Genesis with me to be... damned peculiar.

As a someone who holds the Bible to be Inerrant, you'd think that Edgarcito would be keen to delve into what it says.

But... No!

Instead, Edgarcito's proving more evasive than a Romulan Warbird with its cloaking device switched on.

So, what gives?

Why is he doing everything he can to NOT join me in looking at what the text of Genesis actually says?

If you have any idea as to what he's playing at, please let me know.

Because I'm finding his reluctance to look at the book that shapes his Christian faith to be... damn peculiar.

Thank you.

Walter.

8 hours ago, midniterider said:

I create you with free will! And naivety. Now do as I say. 

My heart will ache if my creations in whom I have given free will, make their own choices.

You have children M?

42 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

You have children M?

You have a Bible, E?

If not, no problem.

We can look at Genesis in an online Bible.

I'm ready when you are.

Walter.

15 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Yep

Considering your statement, I gather there is something to be considered regarding the qualities of freedom.  Is there, can there be a state of freedom within an objective reality.....like Jesus accomplished....fully man but also fully free through his actions.  Just thinking out loud.  No quality thoughts tonight.  Thx.