Goodbye Jesus

Please join me here, PittsburghJoe.

WalterP

1 hour ago, WalterP said:

That's not an answer to the question you were asked, Joe.

Here is the question again.

Do you agree that Adam and Eve couldn't make moral choices of their own free will?

You need to respond with a Yes or a No.

Please answer.

Do you agree that Adam and Eve couldn't make moral choices of their own free will?

Please answer, Joe.

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

We have nearly 60 pages of this double slit bullshit in other threads.  If people care to read it, they're more than welcome to go there.  Find a new song and dance, now, son.

Yes, Joe is repeating his conflation of his version of physics and his version of theology.

Broken records get thrown away.

1 minute ago, pittsburghjoe said:

NO

Thank you, Joe.

You have agreed that Adam and Eve couldn't make moral choices of their own free will.

So, how could they make the moral choice to disobey god?

Please answer.

Just now, WalterP said:

Thank you, Joe.

You have agreed that Adam and Eve couldn't make moral choices of their own free will.

Please answer.

Nice try, I didn't say that.

2 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Thank you, Joe.

Please answer.

The moral choice WAS to disobey God or not.

Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

Nice try, I didn't say that.

Then what were you saying 'No' to?

If you weren't answering my Yes/No question, please do so.

Here it is again.

Please answer.

You edited your question to play a game. It's a game where you end up in Hell if you don't wake up.

8 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

The moral choice WAS to disobey God or not.

Since Adam and Eve disobeyed god they therefore made a moral decision.

But earlier you agreed that god made them without any knowledge of good or evil.

So, if they didn't have the MORAL knowledge of good or evil, how could they make the moral decision to disobey god?

Please answer.

It is my opinion we are well past the point of diminishing returns with this particular line of questioning.  Pittsburghjoe refuses to heed advice that he should spend time reflecting on his present difficulties to either find a meaningful resolution or adjust his hypothesis in light of his continued failure to connect the dots thus far.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

It's a game where you end up in Hell if you don't wake up.

Well there it is...

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Because you don't want it to? I don't get it. You already know about wave-particle duality ..why not apply it to the beginning?

When I say there is no reason to, I am stating that there is insufficient evidence to think they are correlated. You are only prestening a hypothesis of a possibility, but that is all there is to it. Your hypothesis needs to be tested and analyzed for problems before it can be in the category of a scientific theory. You have not done that work, you are speculating what could be, not that we know what is.

• Super Moderator

Hell, where I get to spend eternity suffering because "God loves you soooo much." So much so that it will make the genocide look like a walk in the park.

1 minute ago, Hierophant said:

When I say there is no reason to, I am stating that there is insufficient evidence to think they are correlated. You are only prestening a hypothesis of a possibility, but that is all there is to it. Your hypothesis needs to be tested and analyzed for problems before it can be in the category of a scientific theory. You have not done that work, you are speculating what could be, not that we know what is.

WE CAN NOT HAVE DIRECT EVIDENCE OF GOD

It ruins the test. I'm trying to show you how there is a possibility for a God.

• Super Moderator
Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

WE CAN NOT HAVE DIRECT EVIDENCE OF GOD

It ruins the test. I'm trying to show you how there is a possibility for a God.

Finally! Thank you.

Most of us would agree a God is possible. I am not interested in what is possible, too many options. Best I can do is probable based on the accessible evidence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hierophant said:

Hell, where I get to spend eternity suffering because "God loves you soooo much." So much so that it will make the genocide look like a walk in the park.

Here we go again, another topic I have covered countless times.

We believed Satan over God so now we have to deal with the consequences of this reality where Satan has authority.

Does it mean something to you that Satan has the ability to be anywhere that has something fallen?

• Super Moderator

We believed Satan over God so now we have to deal with the consequences of this reality where Satan has authority.

Does it mean something to you that Satan has the ability to be anywhere that has something fallen?

No it doesn't, because you are making stuff up and giving Satan god-like powers. I already told you modern day Christians are completely wrong about the notion of Satan. I will not concede to your idea of Satan because there is no basis for it, even from the Bible. Satan nowadays is some kind of boogeyman people made up. From a biblical standpoint, you are wrong about Satan. Dead wrong.

Also, I disagree with your "test" hypothesis and direct evidence. The Bible states people walked with God, ate with God, and conversed with God. Many people over generations. According to the Bible, direct evidence was provided. Which means God is being unfair if he will only meet with certain people, and I though God did not show favor. That's what the Bible says.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

No it doesn't, because you are making stuff up and giving Satan god-like powers. I already told you modern day Christians are completely wrong about the notion of Satan. I will not concede to your idea of Satan because there is no basis for it, even from the Bible. Satan nowadays is some kind of boogeyman people made up. From a biblical standpoint, you are wrong about Satan. Dead wrong.

Also, I disagree with your "test" hypothesis and direct evidence. The Bible states people walked with God, ate with God, and conversed with God. Many people over generations. According to the Bible, direct evidence was provided. Which means God is being unfair if he will only meet with certain people, and I though God did not show favor. That's what the Bible says.

15 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

Well there it is...

What evil entity would create such a game ?

3 minutes ago, Hierophant said:

Right, some people met Jesus. Any yet here we are with you still not believing. It's a joke for you think there couldn't be some exceptions. God let's himself known to those that are trying to believe.

"Game"... is right.

10 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

God should have done a better job creating us then.

1 minute ago, midniterider said:

God should have done a better job creating us then.

Oh, right, the way where we end up in Hell from the start ::rolls eyes::

3 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:
3 hours ago, Hierophant said:

Umm, yeah, we were not physical in the garden ..and we won't be after death.

Joe please give up this angle. This does not reflect the text whatsoever. It says God made man out of dirt. Dirt is physical. The Bible says God physically made (in essence) a clay figure which he breathed life into. This scripture plays into many other scripture later on all through the Bible. Then eve was made from a bone. Also physical. In no way does the Bible give a perception that it wasn't a physical place with physical beings eating from physical trees and plants. A non-physical being would also not need sustenance. Your theory just does not fit. 

DB

• Like 2

Just now, DarkBishop said:

Joe please give up this angle. This does not reflect the text whatsoever. It says God made man out of dirt. Dirt is physical. The Bible says God physically made (in essence) a clay figure which he breathed life into. This scripture plays into many other scripture later on all through the Bible. Then eve was made from a bone. Also physical. In no way does the Bible give a perception that it wasn't a physical place with physical beings eating from physical trees and plants. A physical being would also not need sustenance. Your theory just does not fit. 

DB

Keep reading the thread, I already covered this.

We are made of waves right now

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2020/08/19/in-quantum-physics-even-humans-act-as-waves/?sh=732969f3312c

But decoherent ones. Decoherence causes physicality. We were coherent waves before original sin.