Goodbye Jesus

Please join me here, PittsburghJoe.

WalterP

1 minute ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Right, some people met Jesus. Any yet here we are with you still not believing. It's a joke for you think there couldn't be some exceptions. God let's himself known to those that are trying to believe.

God didnt do a very good job letting people here 'know Himself' when after years/decades they were sincerely unable to find any evidence for God, when prayers were not being answered and when they decided they were done believing. And God said nothing at all. Just. Like. Now.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I think the double slit theory is better explained that we live in a computer simulation, much like the matrix. In video games, the entire world of the game is not shown at one time, too much resource power. Only when a character in a game is observing something, does it materialize. That is why the particles act the way they do in double slit theory

1 minute ago, midniterider said:

God didnt do a very good job letting people here 'know Himself' when after years/decades they were sincerely unable to find any evidence for God, when prayers were not being answered and when they decided they were done believing. And God said nothing at all. Just. Like. Now.

Weird, the situation we are in.

Keep reading the thread, I already covered this.

We are made of waves right now

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2020/08/19/in-quantum-physics-even-humans-act-as-waves/?sh=732969f3312c

But decoherent ones. Decoherence causes physicality. We were coherent waves before original sin.

LoL ill check it out. But if you have make the apologetics jump through hoops like this then your probably already on the verge of realizing that non of it is really true. Just saying. 

DB

• Like 1

Just now, Hierophant said:

I think the double slit theory is better explained that we live in a computer simulation, much like the matrix. In video games, the entire world of the game is not shown at one time, too much resource power. Only when a character in a game is observing something, does it materialize. That is why the particles act the way they do in double slit theory

Yeah ..SIM SATAN

5 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Oh, right, the way where we end up in Hell from the start ::rolls eyes::

No, the way where there is no hell at all. ::rolls eyes::

Just now, midniterider said:

No, the way where there is no hell at all. ::rolls eyes::

You're sitting in the precursor.

• Super Moderator

And Joe, before I finally left Christianity, I begged God for evidence that I was on the right path...so don't even start with that BS. A lot of atheist were very, very devout believers who were unable to reconcile real life with belief. I will not tolerate a statement like that because it is demonstrably false.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Yeah ..SIM SATAN

No, aliens

Weird, the situation we are in.

I'm not in 'your' situation. You can have your fear, shame and guilt back. I'm not interested in it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hierophant said:

And Joe, before I finally left Christianity, I begged God for evidence that I was on the right path...so don't even start with that BS. A lot of atheist were very, very devout believers who were unable to reconcile real life with belief. I will not tolerate a statement like that because it is demonstrably false.

Were you expecting him to tap you on the shoulder? How do you know ..the he didn't know, you would later wake up from what I'm saying?

• Super Moderator

Y'all finish up with your closing arguments.  This thread has gone on beyond its usefulness.

Were you expecting him to tap you on the shoulder? How do you know ..the he didn't know, you would later wake up from what I'm saying?

I beg everyone involved, please let's not tread back down the paths of QM and the incompatibility of an all knowing god and his fetish for free will.  If you care, there are three other threads prior to this one that went round and round on the same subjects.

Just now, Krowb said:

I beg everyone involved, please let's not tread back down the paths of QM and the incompatibility of an all knowing god and his fetish for free will.  If you care, there are three other threads prior to this one that went round and round on the same subjects.

Yes, join Krowb in what this place becomes.

16 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Right, some people met Jesus. Any yet here we are with you still not believing. It's a joke for you think there couldn't be some exceptions. God let's himself known to those that are trying to believe.

Joe, you are embarrassing yourself.

Seriously man...

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Last I will say on this is that you do not know if you are correct. You do not realize that you could be wrong and it is intellectually dishonest. If you will not entertain other evidence and reason that does not fit your theory, then you are okay with simply being ignorant and not interested in truth.

• Thanks 2

I think this needs said again:
Please consider what it means to be able to do these things: pride, vanity, greed, lust, ego. Do those things sound possible if we were all connected? THINK! Why would we be in a situation that allows SIN?

43 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Keep reading the thread, I already covered this.

In the article I dont see any reference to the blather you are spewing about creation. It looks more like they are trying to figure out the star trek transporter technology than change the history of biblical creation.

Your theory is fine for you Joe. That is the way you have come to reconcile the Bible so that you can keep believing. And thats fine..... for you.. But for the rest of the world and those who want to keep things rational. Your theory is absurd and does not reflect in any way what is written. the burden of proof falls on your shoulders. And at this point you have presented no tangible proof. The text reflects a physical understanding of creation. If the writer(s) thought we were waves then the text would have been worded differently. And if the text is the "word of god" then it shouldn't leave room for such a huge misconception that we were physical if we were actually waves....... 

DB

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Y'all finish up with your closing arguments.  This thread has gone on beyond its usefulness.

Would it be possible for just Joe and I to continue in thread, please?

We would confine ourselves to the topic that I started this thread off with, the Garden of Eden.

That way all mention of quantum waves, scalars and vectors would be excluded.

Is that possible, RedneckProf?

Thank you.

Walter.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

In the article I dont see any reference to the blather you are spewing about creation. It looks more like they are trying to figure out the star trek transporter technology than change the history of biblical creation.

Your theory is fine for you Joe. That is the way you have come to reconcile the Bible so that you can keep believing. And thats fine..... for you.. But for the rest of the world and those who want to keep things rational. Your theory is absurd and does not reflect in any way what is written. the burden of proof falls on your shoulders. And at this point you have presented no tangible proof. The text reflects a physical understanding of creation. If the writer(s) thought we were waves then the text would have been worded differently. And if the text is the "word of god" then it shouldn't leave room for such a huge misconception that we were physical if we were actually waves....... 

DB

Right, a dude from 2000 years ago is going to know what quantum waves are ..get real. Both sides have waves ..it is just the decoherence that is the difference.

1 minute ago, WalterP said:

We would confine ourselves to the topic that I started this thread off with, the Garden of Eden.

Thank you.

Walter.

I think yall have already hit the Nascar track on that subject. Its all circles now. You made a great argument but Joe just keeps saying the same crap all over. You've already had to back up and make him reanswer questions a couple times. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Thank you.

Walter.

So your can write more trick questions? ..can't wait.

1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Please consider what it means to be able to do these things: pride, vanity, greed, lust, ego. Do those things sound possible if we were all connected?

Yes, they *do* sound quite possible -- because we are all connected.  The point of connection was approximately 13.7 billion years ago, at the time of the Big Bang singularity.

What I can't fathom about your line of reasoning is why you're so eager to sacrifice the uniqueness we possess now, in favour of some nebulous connectedness.  To me, there is nothing appealing about being subsumed into some mythological godhead and having the 'self' obliterated.

And what you say above has nothing to do with what *I* said.  You're just another Internet stranger pretending that you know The Truth™ about reality, and you're getting pushback from us because all you've given us is unsubstantiated ideas that sound utterly ridiculous.  What part of "We don't believe you" are you too fucking stupid to understand?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Astreja said:

Yes, they *do* sound quite possible -- because we are all connected.  The point of connection was approximately 13.7 billion years ago, at the time of the Big Bang singularity.

What I can't fathom about your line of reasoning is why you're so eager to sacrifice the uniqueness we possess now, in favour of some nebulous connectedness.  To me, there is nothing appealing about being subsumed into some mythological godhead and having the 'self' obliterated.

And what you say above has nothing to do with what *I* said.  You're just another Internet stranger pretending that you know The Truth™ about reality, and you're getting pushback from us because all you've given us is unsubstantiated ideas that sound utterly ridiculous.  What part of "We don't believe you" are you too fucking stupid to understand?

I'm trying to illustrate what is preventing you from being saved.

4 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Right, a dude from 2000 years ago is going to know what quantum waves are ..get real. Both sides have waves ..it is just the decoherence that is the difference.

If the "dude from 2000 years ago" was an actual god, perhaps he should have known.  Silly bugger didn't say anything useful about anything that wasn't already known to mortals of that time period.

• Thanks 1