Goodbye Jesus

Please join me here, PittsburghJoe.

WalterP

1 minute ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Right, a dude from 2000 years ago is going to know what quantum waves are ..get real. Both sides have waves ..it is just the decoherence that is the difference.

My last post was really my closing argument to you on that subject. The text leaves no room for your theory. The Bible has to many holes in it already with the existing interpretation. If your theory were to in anyway fit the Bible you would have to rewrite the whole thing. I would be interested in your answer to an earlier question. If God didn't want us in this cesspool as you call it. Why would he have even made it possible for us to eat the fruit.

DB

• Like 1

Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

I'm trying to illustrate what is preventing you from being saved.

I don't want to be saved, you pretentious ass!  I unconditionally reject your evil little god and all its sock puppets, and I have no interest in eternal life.

Just now, Astreja said:

If the "dude from 2000 years ago" was an actual god, perhaps he should have known.  Silly bugger didn't say anything useful about anything that wasn't already known to mortals of that time period.

Comical, write stuff in the Bible that no one understands?

1 minute ago, DarkBishop said:

My last post was really my closing argument to you on that subject. The text leaves no room for your theory. The Bible has to many holes in it already with the existing interpretation. If your theory were to in anyway fit the Bible you would have to rewrite the whole thing. I would be interested in your answer to an earlier question. If God didn't want us in this cesspool as you call it. Why would he have even made it possible for us to eat the fruit.

DB

The Bible is a guide, you using it as an excuse not to believe ..ridiculous  

2 minutes ago, Astreja said:

I don't want to be saved, you pretentious ass!  I unconditionally reject your evil little god and all its sock puppets, and I have no interest in eternal life.

You will want it. This place goes to Hell.

Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

The Bible is a guide, you using it as an excuse not to believe ..ridiculous  

Dude I believed whole heartedly for years. And I studied. It was through earnest study that began seeing problems. And honestly I truly believe you've seen them to. Its probably the whole reason you have come up with this ridiculous explanation. I get it. Right now your devolving into anger i sense. Because we don't entertain your theory. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

DB

I already covered this. This place is a necessary step to infinity. It is so we can look back on it and never request it to be reinstated.

Just now, DarkBishop said:

Dude I believed whole heartedly for years. And I studied. It was through earnest study that began seeing problems. And honestly I truly believe you've seen them to. Its probably the whole reason you have come up with this ridiculous explanation. I get it. Right now your devolving into anger i sense. Because we don't entertain your theory. 

What do you think God cares more about: memorizing the Bible or seeing the light?

Comical, write stuff in the Bible that no one understands?

Why not?  It would have advanced science tremendously to have the Bible at least up to the standards of a Grade 8 science book.

(Disclaimer:  I'm the sort of person who buys second-hand college-level science books and reads them for fun.  Avogadro's number FTW!  :woohoo:)

8 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

In the article I dont see any reference to the blather you are spewing about creation. It looks more like they are trying to figure out the star trek transporter technology than change the history of biblical creation.

Your theory is fine for you Joe. That is the way you have come to reconcile the Bible so that you can keep believing. And thats fine..... for you.. But for the rest of the world and those who want to keep things rational. Your theory is absurd and does not reflect in any way what is written. the burden of proof falls on your shoulders. And at this point you have presented no tangible proof. The text reflects a physical understanding of creation. If the writer(s) thought we were waves then the text would have been worded differently. And if the text is the "word of god" then it shouldn't leave room for such a huge misconception that we were physical if we were actually waves....... 

DB

If Adam was a wave and the bible was God inspired , then there would be no reference to Adam being created from the dust of the earth or Eve being created from Adam's rib. These are references to physical existence, not spiritual existence. If it's metaphorical, why use a physical world metaphor for the spiritual?

8 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You will want it. This place goes to Hell.

Don't you ever tell someone else what they will think, feel or want.  Fuck you and fuck the Holy Spirit, too.

1 minute ago, midniterider said:

If Adam was a wave and the bible was God inspired , then there would be no reference to Adam being created from the dust of the earth or Eve being created from Adam's rib. These are references to physical existence, not spiritual existence. If it's metaphorical, why use a physical world metaphor for the spiritual?

When you are coherent waves in a coherent environment ..you don't know you are not physical ..decoherent. There wasn't a reason to distinguish between the two ..and confuse people.

Just now, Astreja said:

Don't you ever tell someone else what they will think, feel or want.  Fuck you and fuck the Holy Spirit, too.

I know you will regret it because you will be in pain.

8 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

What do you think God cares more about: memorizing the Bible or seeing the light?

Tell us the mind of God, Joe.

I know you will regret it because you will be in pain.

You know no such thing.  You merely believe it.  You have demonstrated amply to us and the lurkers that your idea of knowledge is fatally flawed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

When you are coherent waves in a coherent environment ..you don't know you are not physical ..decoherent. There wasn't a reason to distinguish between the two ..and confuse people.

You just made that up. lol.

1 minute ago, Astreja said:

You know no such thing.  You merely believe it.  You have demonstrated amply to us and the lurkers that your idea of knowledge is fatally flawed.

Show me what wasn't plausible. 

There is absolutely no connection between QM and Christianity. 

• Super Moderator

@WalterP, @pittsburghjoe, I will be creating a new topic here in the Den for the two of you.  I recommend you both give a brief synopsis of your arguments in your respective opening posts in order to recap where the two of you left off here.  There will be a peanut gallery established for other participants so that their comments/remarks will not interfere with y'all's discussion.   

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

Everyone please remember that the almighty god, who created quantum waves, set the stars ablaze, and moves in mysterious ways, doesn't like you playing with your pee-pee when nobody is looking.

• Haha 3