Goodbye Jesus

Please join me here, PittsburghJoe.

WalterP

My question to you isn't about what I want scripture to say, Joe.

It's about what the bible says.

Please tell me if the bible says.

Did god make Adam without a knowledge of good and evil?

26 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

This is the same thing as wishing you couldn't think ..free will.

Adam couldn't think about good and evil because god made him that way, didn't he Joe?

The first time Adam was able to think about good and evil was after he ate the fruit.

That's what scripture says, isn't it Joe?

It's like talking to a wall. You only hear what you want to hear.

God doesn't want to have anything to do with Sin, why tell humans how to use it?

Do you get it? If we know about sin it ruins everything.

2 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

God doesn't want to have anything to do with Sin, why tell humans how to use it?

Please answer my question Joe.

Did god make Adam without the knowledge or good and evil?

Yes or No?

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

A correlated question: if god doesn't want anything to do with sin, why would he not explain the difference between good and evil to Adam and Eve from the start?  Why take the chance of letting them "choose" when they were as ignorant as they were innocent?  What a dumbass.

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Joe - you are talking yourself in circles. You have such a tangled weave of theology, it must look like a Picaso tapestry.

3 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Ok, now I'm going to hear what scripture says, by quoting it.

Genesis 3 : 6 & 7.

When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 

Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

Genesis 3 : 22

22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

Did god make Adam without a knowledge of good and evil, Joe?

Yes or No?

Please answer.

• Super Moderator

This thread will be locked once it reaches 10 pages, possibly sooner if joe can't get himself outside of the same circles he's been running for multiple threads, now.

Mods, choose carefully.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Adam couldn't think about good and evil because god made him that way, didn't he Joe?

The first time Adam was able to think about good and evil was after he ate the fruit.

That's what scripture says, isn't it Joe?

The knowledge of sin cause physicality ..this place we are in right now.

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, pittsburghjoe said:

The knowledge of sin cause physicality ..this place we are in right now.

This is what I am talking about, you are literally making things up out of thin air. You have side stepped every single real question put to you. Until you are ever mentally ready to admit you could be wrong and willing to change your mind based on new evidence, this discussion is pointless. You are not willing or able to agree to the foundational principles of logic, reason, and evidence.

Recommended book:

The Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism by Aron Ra.

You are out of your element here. This is the big leagues and you don't know enough about the Bible, its history, or the history of your religion to argue substantiate your claims.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hierophant said:

This is what I am talking about, you are literally making things up out of thin air. You have side stepped every single real question put to you. Until you are ever mentally ready to admit you could be wrong and willing to change your mind based on new evidence, this discussion is pointless. You are not willing or able to agree to the foundational principles of logic, reason, and evidence.

Recommended book:

The Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism by Aron Ra.

You are out of your element here. This is the big leagues and you don't know enough about the Bible, its history, or the history of your religion to argue substantiate your claims.

I have four other threads explaining physicality is sin. This whole place is original sin. When a wave becomes a particle ..it is sin.

Right, big leagues with someone that didn't know what the double slit experiment was.

2 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Any God is better than none, at least you have a chance of making it out of here.

Speak for yourself, and not for others.  Here, read this in front of a mirror:

"Any God is better than none, at least I have a chance of making it out of here."

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, pittsburghjoe said:

I have four other threads explaining physicality is sin. This whole place is original sin. When a wave becomes a particle ..it is sin.

Right, big leagues with someone that didn't know what the double slit experiment was.

LMAO. I apologize oh wise one for not being an expert on everything. I don't use Quantum Physics to pay the bills or find it particularly handy in a scuffle, so I never took a deep dive. But I am well versed in the Bible and Higher Criticism, which is the topic at hand....boyeeeeee

1 hour ago, Hierophant said:

If God is all powerful and all knowing, then he could have created without the possibility of sin while maintaining "free will" that Christians are so fond of.

You’re describing Heaven here.  It allegedly exists, so it must be possible for the absence of sin to be compatible with free will.  Either that or there is no free will in Heaven, or sin is present there.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TABA said:

You’re describing Heaven here.  It allegedly exists, so it must be possible for the absence of sin to be compatible with free will.  Either that or there is no free will in Heaven, or sin is present there.  

Why do you think Jesus died on the cross for us?

15 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Mods, choose carefully.

Hell exists. My mailbox has 49 Pittsburghjoe has posted notifications. I hate you 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You either pick between God which you know is good or you pick this other thing that you were told not to touch.

Speak for yourself and not others.  Read the following in front of a mirror at least five times:

"I either pick between God which I know is good or I pick this other thing that I was told not to touch."

50 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Satan is all about animal instinct. They problem is we are in the situation and now you have to deal with. You don't get to wish it away.

The situation is in your imagination. 

"The knowledge of sin cause physicality ..this place we are in right now. "

And yet the book of Genesis proclaims that God created Adam from dust.

That's about as physical is it gets.

Metaphor, allegory...

If God's purpose for authoring the Bible was to tell us the truth... about him, about ourselves, why would the text read in such a misleading confusing manner?

I was told any number of times "God is not the author of confusion".

The human beings of King James' time were too stupid to understand the clear direct language?  Does that mean they're off the hook, not accountable, but we are because we're now advanced enough to understand? Except many of us are not, are we Joe?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Why did God invent sin?

7 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Well technically died because of sedition against the Roman empire, but Christians wrote that he died to take away the sins of the world. One of those explanations has historical precedent and reality on its side, and the other hasn't got any evidence to support the concept of sin. 

Out of curiosity @pittsburghjoe what is your definition of sin, because when I was a Christian I heard wildly different verions of what sin actually is.

2 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

"The knowledge of sin cause physicality ..this place we are in right now. "

And yet the book of Genesis proclaims that God created Adam from dust.

That's about as physical is it gets.

Metaphor, allegory...

If God's purpose for authoring the Bible was to tell us the truth... about him, about ourselves, why would the text read in such a misleading confusing manner?

I was told any number of times "God is not the author of confusion".

The human beings of King James' time were too stupid to understand the clear direct language?  Does that mean they're off the hook, not accountable, but we are because we're now advanced enough to understand? Except many of us are not, are we Joe?

Do you think someone from 2000 years ago is going to know what quantum waves are? "Dust" is as close as they are going to get.

9 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Jesus evidently thought he was the herald of a new Messiah (or maybe was the messiah himself) who would establish God’s kingdom on earth, overthrowing Rome and all evil forever, in the lifetime of his followers.  It didn’t happen. He was deluded. That’s all assuming he actually existed at all. 

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Maybe big leagues is too strong. We're not on par with Dr. Price or Dr. Carrier. At least minor leagues I would say.