Goodbye Jesus

Please join me here, PittsburghJoe.

WalterP

22 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

The knowledge of sin cause physicality ..this place we are in right now.

The bible says nothing about this. You made it up. The bible doesnt say anything about QM. You made that up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Do you think someone from 2000 years ago is going to know what quantum waves are? "Dust" is as close as they are going to get.

Jesus or God wouldnt know anything about QM? 

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, midniterider said:

Jesus or God wouldnt know anything about QM? 

Omniscient is metaphorical.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

It's like talking to a wall. You only hear what you want to hear.

God doesn't want to have anything to do with Sin, why tell humans how to use it?

Do you get it? If we know about sin it ruins everything.

Learn to speak for yourself and not for others.  That way, you won't be projecting.  Once again, read this in front of a mirror:

"It's like talking to a wall. I only hear what I want to hear."

"Do I get it? If I know about sin it ruins everything."

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Why do you think Jesus died on the cross for us?

To save those who lie by saying that god made Adam with a knowledge of good and evil?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WalterP said:

To save those who lie by saying that god made Adam with a knowledge of good and evil?

Jesus died to more than forgive us for original sin, He did it so we could be one with God when this is over. We can't be one with God with sin around. We will remember what sin was and never ask to be a part of it again. Free Will intact.

This place allows sin to happen.

23 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

It is a literary device, used in Christian mythology.

5 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Lyin' for his Jesus.

3 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Jesus died to more than forgive us for original sin, He did it so we could be one with God when this is over. We can't be one with God with sin around. We will remember what sin was and never ask to be a part of it again. Free Will intact.

This place allows sin to happen.

You are sinning right now Joe by lying about what the bible says.

That's bearing false witness.

Not against us, but against god.

Just now, WalterP said:

You are sinning right now Joe by lying about what the bible says.

That's bearing false witness.

Not against us, but against god.

• Haha 1

For the 16th time, Joe.

Did god make Adam without the knowledge of good and evil?

Please answer and stop dodging and stop lying.

Yes or No?

I'm taking a break from this thread for a few hours.

Back soon.

4 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

We can't be one with God with sin around.

Matthew 19:26: All things are possible with God. 

So whatever you say is impossible, is possible.

Just now, WalterP said:

For the 16th time, Joe.

Did god make Adam without the knowledge of good and evil?

Please answer and stop dodging and stop lying.

Yes or No?

Both were not present. Weird how if he did, he wouldn't have had to the choice to cause original sin.

1 minute ago, WalterP said:

I'm taking a break from this thread for a few hours.

Back soon.

I can copy/-repaste your question for a while :)

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Why did Harry Potter wave his magic wand?

7 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Both were not present. Weird how if he did, he wouldn't have had to the choice to cause original sin.

So God created Adam without the knowledge of good and without the knowledge of evil, correct? 

God gave Adam a choice to make. An uninformed choice. 

• Thanks 1

@pittsburghjoe As mods have to approve your posts and thus read everything can you please attempt quality answers rather than flipant throw away lines? Posts like "Thanks, I'm rolling my eyes" will be deleted.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

You live with sin as a part of your nature and your life.

So Joe are you also not able to "be one with God" yourself?

How popular is it today to declare "I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ!" ?

6 minutes ago, midniterider said:

God gave Adam a choice to make. An uninformed choice. 

Okay, we are getting somewhere. God wasn't going to allow this fallen reality from the start.

1 minute ago, alreadyGone said:

You live with sin as a part of your nature and your life.

So Joe are you also not able to "be one with God" yourself?

How popular is it today to declare "I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ!" ?

The last time I conferred with a minister, someone who had at that point spent about ten hours total with me across several occasions at one point jumped out of his seat in frustration and exclaimed "what I don't hear.... is a relationship with Jesus Christ!!!"

You can't be one with God until after judgment. God doesn't want anything to do with this cesspool unless he has to.

Joe,

One thing I've noticed through my years...

Some human beings have the capacity for and an aptitude for critical thinking.

Even those who posses an aptitude for this skill must develop and hone it though as they advance through life.

The ability to integrate a larger portion of their own personal total awareness into their immediate thinking processes, combined with the willingness to face facts head-on, even when some are inevitably not convenient or desirable, and the ability to wield clear rational logic as a tool and methodology for human adaptation, do not come naturally to all humans.

Notice, I've said nothing here about 'intelligence', nor level of education.

Of those humans who are not blessed as such, they are often totally blind and oblivious to the reality that other human beings are skilled in that way, the inability to apply those cognitive skills to reasoning and problem-solving as means to a goal, in a focused and disciplined manner.

They simply don't get it... being of the capability to integrate a larger subset of reality at once into one's consciousness is not something they can even imagine.

As importantly, they will be without any realization that others may be in a position in life or in a profession where they use and apply such cognitive skills daily, as part of their life's routine.

Those who lack such skills and aptitude will often just abstract-away specific aspects of a matter as a reflex action, and call it done. And they are often totally baffled why anyone else would not as easily and casually do the same.

This seems true universally of people in general, in my experience. (and I'm not yet old, but I'm at the doorstep, so I've had some years to witness this)

Christians often resort to the same manner of using abstraction to make a case for their emotional attitude presented as fact with regard to the existence of God and all tenets of the Christian faith.

Almost everyone here has been down that road. Human beings want a god, someone to be responsible, to take the pressure and to tell them what they must do to survive and thrive.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

Joe,

Even those who posses an aptitude for this skill must develop and hone it though as they advance through life.

The ability to integrate a larger portion of their own personal total awareness into their immediate thinking processes, combined with the willingness to face facts head-on, even when some are inevitably not convenient or desirable, and the ability to wield clear rational logic as a tool and methodology for human adaptation, do not come naturally to all humans.

Of those humans who are not blessed as such, they are often totally blind and oblivious to the reality that other human beings are skilled in that way, the inability to apply those cognitive skills to reasoning and problem-solving as means to a goal, in a focused and disciplined manner.

They simply don't get it... being of the capability to integrate a larger subset of reality at once into one's consciousness is not something they can even imagine.

As importantly, they will be without any realization that others may be in a position in life or in a profession where they use and apply such cognitive skills daily, as part of their life's routine.

Those who lack such skills and aptitude will often just abstract-away specific aspects of a matter as a reflex action, and call it done. And they are often totally baffled why anyone else would not as easily and casually do the same.

This seems true universally of people in general, in my experience. (and I'm not yet old, but I'm at the doorstep, so I've had some years to witness this)

Christians often resort to the same manner of using abstraction to make a case for their emotional attitude presented as fact with regard to the existence of God and all tenets of the Christian faith.

Almost everyone here has been down that road. Human beings want a god, someone to be responsible, to take the pressure and to tell them what they must do to survive and thrive.

Kay, I'm emotional about wanting you not to burn. It doesn't change the fact that we are in the den. You get to deal with my ideas. Knowing what evil is, at creation, is a problem. And answers why this thread was started.

21 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

Joe,

The ability to integrate a larger portion of their own personal total awareness into their immediate thinking processes, combined with the willingness to face facts head-on, even when some are inevitably not convenient or desirable, and the ability to wield clear rational logic as a tool and matter of human adaptation, do not come naturally to all humans.

Of those humans who are not blessed as such, they are often totally blind and oblivious to the reality that not all human beings are impaired in that way, the inability to apply all those cognitive skills to reasoning and problem-solving.

They will often just abstract-away specific aspects of a matter as a reflex action, and call it done. And they are often totally baffled why anyone else would not as easily and casually do the same.

Yes, even though humans are born with a large capacity for critical thinking, the portions of brain used for it need to be exercised and used for many years for it to develop properly.

It appears Joe's brain did not develop much towards critical thinking skills.  Likely, this was due in large part to childhood religious indoctrination (Roman Catholicism) by trusted adults and related peer pressure.  Such indoctrination stifles development of independent and critical thinking in favor of adherence to specific dogma and emotionalism.

It can seem difficult to retrain the brain to fix this.  Fortunately, the brain's plasticity is capable of such change.  It just takes desire, hard work and time.

• Like 1