Goodbye Jesus

Man sees hell, is that credible enough?

ReducedtoAtoms

Decided to make write this today because there's only so much time in a day. 

In my last post I mentioned I would make a post about the videos I watched because they made me extremely curious. So this 25 year old guy because his age is important I guess. Had a seizure, heart attacks, and stroke all at once (which you can actually survive) 

And started acting like a demon saying "I'm going to kill you." To his dad who was driving him to a hospital; In which the dad was being directed by God and being told which hospital to go to. (Though there's really no statement as to why and it doesn't come back up again) 

The dad begins to pray and shout go away satan and his son stops shaking. And the 25 yr old man drops down to hell where he hears people screaming and shouting, he's hungry and thirsty, and hell is just bright orange but it's not on fire. And it states in the bible that hell wouldn't be on fire. (Though I can't find many verses that don't describe hell not being a "furnace.") 

And even if a verse in the bible says so then all those other stories of people who saw hell on fire and people burning are liars. 

Anyways. The guy flew up to heaven and he wasn't hungry anymore and oddly this made me uneasy because he kept going on and on about how he didn't want to move or do anything but just watch god and only moves when he tells him to.

Which is of course understandable if you just suffered.  And then one thing that confused me  when he said he didn't really read the bible, but yet converted a catholic, jew, and atheist to christianity. When he was in middle school.

He mentioned other things like how heaven was just a bunch of clouds and if God isn't real then why can he stand on the clouds..okay I guess?

Then he came back and had to regain his motor skills again, as the aftermath. Either this is fake, or the guy shifted.

This also reminds me about how NDES can be based off of what you probably expect whe you die, or based off of your culture. 

And then other people get different expierences everytime they see heaven or hell. I watched enough videos about back when I was young and thought it was cool. 

If you ever heard of this lady named Kat (insert last name) she claims she can talk to God whenever she wants and his favorite color is emerald. 

I'm also not sure why God didn't talk to the 25 year old man (forgot to mention he didn't talk to him, the man just stood there looking at his mighty toes) but God was communicating with his dad just fine. 

And then you have the whole thing of hell was never mentioned until the new testiment. Until then it was just sheol. But I dont think you can find that in the bible anymore. (Why is even keeping people alive for eternity important anyways?) 

Christians say hell was created after satan rebelled, but again hell is never mentioned nor does the bible really say where satan went or where he was casted out to. And if I remember satan and the serpent arent the same entity. Which causes more confusion...

So aside from the constant fear mongerin I'd really like to know why people see hell or heaven, like even atheists. Because a lot of my reasons is just "I think." 

How come this doesn't prove existence of an afterlife? Does this share any relation to pepole shifting?

Is there an afterlife but it's merely based on you? 

Because he mentions being possessed is demon possession real or is out brains making us act out. 

tumblr_060030ce27f2aabdbacc682a673e5a2e_1e72bdcf_500.jpg

1 hour ago, ReducedtoAtoms said:

Because he mentions being possessed is demon possession real or is out brains making us act out. 

You got it!  In a sense, our brain is making us act out.  Think of it as being similar to having a bad dream.  A hallucination.  

The stroke the guy had (along with seizure and heart attack) could have caused brain damage which effected his thoughts.  The brain can do strange things under certain conditions.    

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ReducedtoAtoms said:

I'd really like to know why people see hell or heaven

Brains are chemically active "machines". Add certain chemicals and we go unconscious while a surgeon goes to work on our bodies. Add a different chemical (DMT), and experience 10 minutes of impossibly beautiful geometry and music in hyperspace inhabited by odd beings that all seems very very familiar especially when they say "Welcome back!". Add a different chemical (psilocybin), and see and feel utterly connected to all life above and below ground, see the various gods and become them, see family members and become them, buoyed by a sense of utter peace and love. Add a different chemical (datura), and experience a day of crushing nightmarish horrific hallucinations with no escape until the chemical passes through the body. 

I know several people with very slightly imbalanced brain chemistry. Usually just a tiny bit of lithium keeps them in balance well enough to function daily. Without that tiny help, they can go into severe depression or extreme highs where they don't sleep for a week at a time and think they are a chosen prophet of God to save the commies for Jesus. Brain injuries can have similar effects. Strokes can cause drug-like trips of feeling oneness with the universe, much like a DMT trip. 

10 hours ago, ReducedtoAtoms said:

is demon possession real or is out brains making us act out

In my first church, during the 1980s when the idea of demons went from being regarded as superstition to biblical truth, my pastor was preaching about that subject. A lady in the audience let out a scream/growl and began writhing around. But unlike in the Bible fables where Jesus just kicked them out, this lady went though years of "deliverance" and therapy. What was actually happening was her blame-shifting all the stupid immature decisions she'd made in life that caused her to be a wreck of a human. Because the church was teaching that invisible spooks were really to blame, she saw a way to escape responsibility for her choices in life, so... kaboom, she pretends on some level to be possessed and gets lots of attention and "love" that she craved. But the years afterward of "deliverance" showed pretty obviously that there was no god or demon, just a sad sad lady who had messed up her one life with lots of bad choices, and now sought some scrap of significance. 

In the old Salem witch trials, the witches were occasionally just old women with dementia, acting oddly and being tortured by Christians afraid of spirits. Others came from Africa/Jamaica/etc and had traditional medicines that they would make, and Christians saw that and said they were making magic potions and so burned them alive or hanged them. Some were just accused by teenage girls claiming to see little birds flying around their heads or other such nonsense. Instead of treating the girls as the issue, they saw the dramatic hoopla and used it as an opportunity to destroy a witch (murder an innocent woman and show the power of the church to root out evil). 

All of it is just superstition, fables, and imbalanced brain chemistry which happens a lot more often than people tend to realize. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fuego said:

All of it is just superstition, fables, and imbalanced brain chemistry which happens a lot more often than people tend to realize. 

👍 You did an excellent job of explaining.

• Like 2

I don't think he actually saw hell.  More likely he hallucinated, or is simply lying about what he saw.

I cannot take seriously any story where the body is in an obvious deranged state. I mean why does GOD ONLY choose brain affected people to show them visions? Also NDEs differ culturally a lot. Why don't Hindus see Jesus that often? 

So, even IF he actually saw Hell, the problem is his experience is not distinguisgable from hallucinations and I do not yet know of any method to set them apart. 

So, I am waiting for a person certifiably dead for six months, buried, to fully ressurect and regenerate and tell about his XP. Now THAT I would take very seriously. :)

Also I never saw a possesed person flying :).

But the brain IS an amazing still not well understood organ. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Among other times, one time in particular, while having my blood drawn (I don't pass out and didn't this time), I went from being wide awake to "flying" about the clouds being totally content.  I was then awaken by the nurses and was told that I had a seizure (as I said, I didn't pass out, and have had other sorts of seizures since).

So what do I make of someone, who has a seizure, having a similar sort of experience?  Nothing.  Nothing at all.

My most major seizure I ever had last a fairly long time but, for me, time lost all meaning and I would have given anything to stay in that situation.  I was not unpleasant but rather amazing.  I was just content in every way.  No worries.  No hunger.  No pain.  I don't know about bliss but certainly no downsides at all.   A place you want to be and remain.  It's all in the mind though.  An illusion.  I was face down on my sofa the whole time.  I couldn't speak or barely move for hours afterward.

mwc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Super Moderator

Near Death Experiences were the last of the ideas that kept me wondering if there was some truth to Christianity. I watched some videos on YouTube and I have heard other testimonies of those who stated they went to Hell during an NDE and were now back to give us all a warning. One thing for certain, none of these stories ever match the others. They are all different in some way, sometimes drastically so. To your point, either they are all lying, or they are having these experiences and the lack of cogency speaks to the probability this is a construction of their mind. I was asking these same kind of questions here and someone commented that an NDE is not dead. I never really thought about that before, but was an epiphany for me. An NDE makes way more sense in the context @Fuego stated opposed to some kind of visit to the afterlife. There is another member on here who worked with neurologist for some time. I would like to hear them weigh in on the topic. I agree with @Myrkhoos, until someone is dead for a significant amount of time, and then came back, I see no reason to get spun up about NDE.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 12:20 AM, ReducedtoAtoms said:

In my last post I mentioned I would make a post about the videos I watched because they made me extremely curious. So this 25 year old guy because his age is important I guess. Had a seizure, heart attacks, and stroke all at once (which you can actually survive) 

It's probably most likely that the whole thing is BS. Or the poor guy does think that he saw hell. 

Do you know that hell started out being visualized a cold, not hot place? The reasoning was because distance from god was visualized as ice cold, like deep, empty space. It wasn't until later that it was shifted around and visualized as a hot place. I'd have to go looking for the citation. But this has been pointed out on mainstream TV programs about hell and it's history. 

It's always been in people's imagination, in other words. And as people's imagination and reasoning changed, so too have the so-called experiences or witnesses people were having. Lot's of hints and clues along the way revealing that it's always been made up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When someone's had a stroke, and on top of that a seizure at the same time, it's not really unexpected for them to be thinking or seeing unusual things. Their brain function has been altered, temporarily or permanently, which could have any number of unusual results. If I was going to investigate stories about heaven and hell, I wouldn't start with someone who obviously had a reason to be hallucinating.

"man sees hell, is that credible enough?"

NO !

Hey Reduced,

If not now but hopefully not after too long you will realize that the entire story you just explained is simply BS, whether imagined or fabricated by those telling the story to you. 👿

Religious stories for the most part rarely sound logical or realistic to me. I was only your age when I realized that all religions were nothing but pure BS, philosophies aside. Hopefully you will be that lucky. If so it doesn't necessarily mean religions are bad for all people, it just means that the spiritual realm and an afterlife probably don't exist.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the reasons you can reject the "visions of hell" stories by every Christian out there.

#1 - It contradicts the bible's own statements about hell (the hell they claim exists)

#2 - The bible's "hell" is a mistranslation of 4 separate words which all mean different things.

#3 - Christians will not have any direct evidence for it, so they rely on these "experiences" by people who may have honestly felt it was a real experience, but the odds are they are lying

#4 - We know that the new testament is so horribly miscopied and mistranslated, there is no reason to take any of it seriously.

#5 - Most Christians believe God gives each person a "free will" and all have the same "chance" to believe to be saved.  Yet, he only gives this hell vision to a few handfuls of Christians or non-believers who then converted because of it?  If it is such a good tool to convert people, why didn't God give it to every person?

#6 - It is a psychological tool used by sinister con artists to keep people in line.  These people who claim to experience it are supporting this con.  Disregard them and when you can, expose their hypocrisy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1