Goodbye Jesus

Theology with PittsburghJoe and Hierophant

Hierophant

• Super Moderator

Based on how you pieced that together, what made you decide that the Bible probably had it right opposed to other religious text? A god or gods being light is not unique to the Bible.

The first step is realizing there is something more going on. Near-Death experiences should be enough alone to tell you that. 

The Shroud of Turin is amazing if you look into how it is impossible to replicate. 

What other religion tells us there is something higher than the knowledge of good and evil? They all think this reality is all there is with the balance of positive and negative.

They don't question why sin is possible in the first place.

They don't question what it means to exist for infinity.

• Super Moderator

I have looked into other religions, and there are plenty that believe in a higher transcendence. A lot of eastern religions go into that and even Islam makes the claim that God is essentially unknowable and any words we use to describe God fall short of its actual existence.

Have you read other religious text and/or studied their philosophies?

I barely studied the one I'm in now. I think the Holy Spirt is working through me. It knows I'm not seeking fame, only to wake the sleeping. There is only one way out of this situation we are in. Right now, Satan has a claim on you if you were to die today.

• Super Moderator

Okay. Well, I think I have the answers I was looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to explain your point of view better. I was considering taking this to a debate, but it would not be worth the time for either of us because I will not concede to your definition of terms or your methodology. If we cannot agree on usage of language or methodologies of discovering what it likely to be true, then it would never be a debate, just arguing past each other.

It's weird to me, as if I was a priest any of you would have listened to what I was saying anyways.

• Super Moderator

If you would like, I will put you to task on why I do not find your arguments convincing in the Lion's Den.

• Super Moderator

Ha - you are stubborn and tenacious, I will give you that.

Ok @pittsburghjoe,

I am curious what you believe happens to the believer when they accept Jesus as their savior. What happens during the salvation experience, and why (from your wave theology perspective) the believer doesn't turn back to coherent waves at that time. Like you yourself. Do you consider yourself controlling an avatar? As you stated before? 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
7 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Ok @pittsburghjoe,

I am curious what you believe happens to the believer when they accept Jesus as their savior. What happens during the salvation experience, and why (from your wave theology perspective) the believer doesn't turn back to coherent waves at that time. Like you yourself. Do you consider yourself controlling an avatar? As you stated before? 

Good question. I did not consider that.

Our souls are stuck in this fallen reality ..for now. God quantum entangles with us when we are with Him. The avatar thing is for when we are not here in this fallen condition. 

10 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Our souls are stuck in this fallen reality ..for now. God quantum entangles with us when we are with Him. The avatar thing is for when we are not here in this fallen condition. 

Ok I think I understand that.

At the point of "salvation" God comes into you and quantum entangles with you. I suppose this is how you believe God lives in and through the believer after salvation then? 

So is it God quantum entangling or is it the holy spirit? Or are they one and the same?

• Super Moderator

deleted

4 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Ok I think I understand that.

At the point of "salvation" God comes into you and quantum entangles with you. I suppose this is how you believe God lives in and through the believer after salvation then? 

So is it God quantum entangling or is it the holy spirit? Or are they one and the same?

Entanglement is LOVE. It is the Holy Spirit. Yes, they are all the same. The Holy Trinity.

@pittsburghjoe there is a new thread for you and @Hierophant in the Lions Den.  His first post is awaiting your response...

7 minutes ago, Hierophant said:

Joe - if you want to debate, stick to the topic at hand. We can go into whatever tangent you want to, but if you do not address what I stated, why I have a point of contention, then I am going to assume you simply conceded to my point and you are changing the subject because I have placed you in a tight spot and you want to wiggle out of it.

Your last statement is nothing more than an evangelical pitch, same type of substance you would hear from a street preacher. It is a claim, and it might be convincing for you, but if you want someone else to believe it, then the onus is on you to demonstrate why your claim matches reality.

Please give the following a quick read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

It addresses the problem at hand. If I was to make a claim that a teapot is in orbit between Earth and Mars, where would the responsibility of evidence lay? With me, making the claim, or with you, to disprove the claim? I am of the mind that the one making the claim is then responsible to substantiate the claim, not on the skeptic to disprove the claim.

As another example, suppose you were speaking with a Hindu fundamentalist. If you do not know, there are those within the Hindu religion who take a literal reading of their scriptures and believe their holy books are congruent with reality. If a Hindu fundamentalist made claims to the veracity of their beliefs, do you think the onus would be on you to disprove their claims? More to the point, religious claims, more often that not, are not falsifiable, meaning, there is no way to disprove them.

I already said you can't have direct evidence. It doesn't work that way. It ruins the test. I am showing you a way to see the light. I'm not trying to prove something.

This topic is now locked and further debate should be in the Lions Den topic created for Joe and Hierophant.  The latter has the ability to respond here if he chooses.  

• Super Moderator

Moved to Lion's Den - lost track of where I was.