Goodbye Jesus

Peanut Gallery for Hierophant vs PittsburghJoe

TABA

Joe, i don't remember your exact words, but you mentioned you haven't been at your religion very long.  How old are you?

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
47 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

That's why the objective texts of the bible aren't set in stone. Science isn't set in stone. Nothing is set in stone except for his own personal subjective thinking and experience. Which he determines is the holy spirit. It can't be reasoned with, logic applied, or tested in any way. 

I'm not even sure his own personal subjective thinking is set in stone.  Several times over the course of the threads, when joe found himself cornered by some question or counterpoint, it seemed to me that joe simply made something up in order to squirm out of the situation.  Now, maybe I'm wrong, which is why I say, "it seemed"; but, if I'm right, it would suggest that joe's theology is fluid, and can be changed to suit the circumstance.  This is an extremely dangerous game to play, for joe and for anyone else who might be in the market for a cult leader.

Be vigilant, for thou art being sent out as waves in the midst of flatulence.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hierophant said:

I will say, I hate that people with real problems get swindled by this guy.

Well Goddamn!

Church the only place you can bitch slap somebody and blame it on the holy ghost LMAO!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Joe, i don't remember your exact words, but you mentioned you haven't been at your religion very long.  How old are you?

That is a good question. Could Joe be allowed to answer that question. Not exact age but just a general early twenties, teens, 30s would suffice. It would be nice to get an idea of the age group ill be debating with. 

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Well Goddamn!

Church the only place you can bitch slap somebody and blame it on the holy ghost LMAO!

Have you never heard of Benny Hinn before?

3 minutes ago, Hierophant said:

Have you never heard of Benny Hinn before?

Yes I have. I've just never watched his BS, my Grandma was swindled out of a lot of money by pat Robertson. I've always been able to see through those guys. 

DB

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Yes I have. I've just never watched his BS, my Grandma was swindled out of a lot of money by pat Robertson. I've always been able to see through those guys. 

DB

Got you. The YouTube compilations of Benny Hinn and his ilk are hilarious. 

If the debate continues, ask Joe why he is so intent on bringing us back to the fold.  I think he honestly feels compelled  to do so.

One thing is that we do have Walter's thread about the burden of proof pinned here in the den: 

This should generally be posted as the OP of any debate with christians here. Or something similar making clear what the parameters of the debate entail. And they either need to agree to the terms of the debate or back out of doing it altogether. Of course backing out will be taken as an admission that they can not meet these terms of debate. 

Joe doesn't seem to be able to meet these terms at all, by his own admission during these debates: 

"I'm here to wake the sleeping. Not to prove anything. I am handing you something to consider that leads to the truth."

I agree that Joe has nothing he can prove. But I disagree that he's here to "wake the sleeping." And I disagree that Joe's consideration leads to the truth. On that I strongly disagree. There's very little truth to anything he's claiming.

It isn't true according to written scripture, which he deviates from at will. Nor is it true according to science which makes no such conclusions about particle - wave duality, the double slit experiment, or quantum entanglement. Joe is treating the science just as haphazard and recklessly as he treats what's written in scripture. Drawing his own conclusions on each which deviate away from the biblical and scientific communities. 

The idea of 'waking the sleeping' has fallen on deaf ears. With flaccid results. What a hell of an example of how religion, and christianity in particular, can rot your brain to this level of mush.....

I wasn't told I couldn't post here. Josh I have math I want to show you guys, please start the thread.

DarkBishop, I'm almost 40.

A new thread can be started if and when @DarkBishop confirms his willingness to participate. 

• Thanks 1

"almost 40".... that magical age wherein almost every human being believes he/she has a fully-developed understanding of this human life and the world around them. And that is a story as old as Genesis.

And I have the Holy Spirit ..it's a double whammy.

10 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

The same Holy Spirit that assured you that you had a killer argument to win us Ex-Christians back?  Either he or you underestimated us severely. 

That didn't happen. But it feels to me that I do have a convincing idea/path for this site. I have no ideals of grandeur.

7 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Alright Joe, 

Slow down here. Are you ready and willing to back up your BS with scripture? Up to this point you have given very little relating your QM theory with binle other than "I saw this slit experiment theory and it makes so much sense, open your eyes, how can you not see, blah blah blah." As I said before I have heard "I think" and "I believe" theology so much I'm sick of it. Its really bad in evangelical churches. Anyway, if you can start providing proof I'll prepare an opening argument. I can post in a couple of hours. I have to take my son to get covid tested. He told us last night he lost his sense of smell. If it weren't for that I'd say we could go ahead n start.

Are you saying that you have to post first?

I've given scripture in the past but I will post it again. Okay, you don't like me using "think" and "believe" and would rather I post it as fact, whatever. I hope your kid's ok, that sucks. 

As far as me posting first, you could just completely ignore it like WalterP did.

If you post as a fact you will need to give proof. Facts aren't facts just because you present them as facts. As far as posting first. I'd kinda like to set the direction on specific parts of your theory. No need in letting you ramble on without any direction. I'm sure you will do that anyway like you did with Walter and Hierophant. But yes I would like the first post. 

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

@DarkBishop, @pittsburghjoe, y'all's thread is started.  Good luck and godspeed. 

Also, @pittsburghjoe, if I catch you in another peanut gallery, I'll hand your ads to you on your way out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

I wasn't told I couldn't post here. Josh I have math I want to show you guys, please start the thread.

DarkBishop, I'm almost 40.

You can show the math in the next debate with DB. Trying to logic leap between math and any god, let along the god of the bible is a far off stretch, though. I don't think you realize exactly how long your leaps in logic are. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

I have to take my son to get covid tested. He told us last night he lost his sense of smell. If it weren't for that I'd say we could go ahead n start.

I hope you and your family are well.  If your son does have Covid, I hope you and the rest of your family don't contract it.  It hit everyone in my household differently and was not a pleasant experience.

We used a small tin of minced garlic to gauge where our loss of smell was.  Wife's came back in a few days, mine took 9 days.  My mother still hasn't fully received her smell back.

• Thanks 1