Goodbye Jesus

Peanut Gallery for DarkBishop vs. Pittsburghjoe

TheRedneckProfessor

30 minutes ago, webmdave said:

Perhaps a disclaimer on select pages of the site. Something like NSFHSP. 

Not Safe For... yeah I'm lost at that point. What does the HSP stand for? Highly Special People? Highly Sensitive People? I'm picking the second one. I'm giving myself 10 points if I guess correctly.

Goodbye Jesus
  • Admin
7 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Not Safe For... yeah I'm lost at that point. What does the HSP stand for? Highly Special People? Highly Sensitive People? I'm picking the second one. I'm giving myself 10 points if I guess correctly.

Bing Bing Bing. Winner, you:

https://www.verywellmind.com/highly-sensitive-persons-traits-that-create-more-stress-4126393

However, my comment was only intended as a stab at humor. Several years ago I was recieving criticism because some articles were supposedly not safe to view on work computers. 

Can't please everybody, as they say. 

1 minute ago, webmdave said:

However, my comment was only intended as a stab at humor. 

I know. I was working out what it meant at work haha. I really don't think we need any disclaimer - the Den's guidelines already state that heated exchange is to be expected. It's clearly not the place for someone who tends to be easily upset.

1 minute ago, webmdave said:

Can't please everybody, as they say. 

So true. I think there is a saying along the lines of he who tries to please everybody pleases nobody, or somesuch.

• Super Moderator
8 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

As for @TheRedneckProfessor accusation that Kiwi's murder the mother tongue - clearly you have not heard the deranged ramblings of folks in the US claiming to be speaking "English". Have you seen how you spell words? You Americans put z's in everything! For the love of the Queen, may she reign forever!

At least we have "Zs" and not "Zeds".  How do y'all even cope with that?

"Roight-o, mate.  Wot say we pop 'round the zedoo and see the zedebras."

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator
10 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

If a biscuit is a cake. Then what do they call a biscuit?

The closest thing they have is a bap or a scone.  But those are nothing like a proper buttermilk biscuit slathered in pork rendered gravy.

51 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

The closest thing they have is a bap or a scone.  But those are nothing like a proper buttermilk biscuit slathered in pork rendered gravy.

Quit making me hungry.

• Super Moderator
22 minutes ago, Krowb said:

Quit making me hungry.

If you were closer to Coweta County, I'd recommend the Redneck Gourmet.  

16 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

If you were closer to Coweta County, I'd recommend the Redneck Gourmet.  

I could go for a cathead biscuit with sausage gravy right about now.  I'll keep that place in mind if I'm out that way.

Too bad I didn't know you several months ago.  We ate at the Garlic and Thai Sushi Bar on the opposite corner last time we were down there.

14 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Oh I'm sure your concern is genuine, if somewhat misplaced imo. I was pointing out the irony that in your concern for the "vulnerable and fragile" lurkers who may be put off by reading Joe and BroMario you may put them off yourself by labeling them "vulnerable and fragile". This is not a criticism of your concern, but a suggestion that perhaps we need to be careful in how we word our phrases least we do the very thing we are trying to prevent. I include the full quote in context so people can see what I'm talking about:

Ok, LogicalFallacy.

It look like we're both on the same team and wanting the same things.  We're just politely disagreeing on how to get them.  

I also appreciate (understand) the dilemma you're pointing out.  This must be something that mental health professionals have to grapple with.  How do you inform a vulnerable and fragile person that they are vulnerable and fragile, without using the words 'vulnerable' and 'fragile'?  No doubt there are proper protocols and strategies for doing this. 

Who knows?  Perhaps these people are never informed as to how vulnerable and fragile they really are - for the very reason you mention.  The act of doing so causing the very harm that these people need to be protected from.  

Anyway, your point is well made.

Maybe I'm obtuse. Again why do we need to protect lurkers? I have already mentioned my only concern is the ability for religious members to send unsolicited PM's to other members. Some people do struggle with leaving religion, this is very true, but I don't think we can wrap them in cotton wool. I would consider someone like Braxton Hunter etc to be more of a threat to lurkers as while they are intelligent debaters, they also know their Biblical stuff and so would be able to appeal to people struggling with their faith.

I had to Google 'Braxton Hunter'.  :( 

As for @TheRedneckProfessor accusation that Kiwi's murder the mother tongue - clearly you have not heard the deranged ramblings of folks in the US claiming to be speaking "English". Have you seen how you spell words? You Americans put z's in everything! For the love of the Queen, may she reign forever!

I dunno, LogicalFallazy.  

Zeems to me that theeze Americanz have the right to zpell their wordz any way they want. 

;)

• Super Moderator
16 minutes ago, WalterP said:

I dunno, LogicalFallazy.  

Zeems to me that theeze Americanz have the right to zpell their wordz any way they want. 

Says the guy constantly wasting "Us" in words like "Hey, what are your favourite colours and flavours?"  

• Super Moderator
20 minutes ago, WalterP said:

I had to Google 'Braxton Hunter'. 

Does that make you a Braxton hunter?

15 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I do like the letter Zed from down under. Ham radio operators at least in the USA have adopted that as part of their culture.  

• Super Moderator
29 minutes ago, midniterider said:

I do like the letter Zed from down under. Ham radio operators at least in the USA have adopted that as part of their culture.  

My son's zedipper broke in the middle of his zedoom class the other day.  Quite embarrassing for him.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WalterP said:

Anyway, your point is well made.

Thanks. You are quite right. We are on the same team with minor disagreements over some things. Its to be expected among free thinkers.

I had to Google 'Braxton Hunter'.  :( 

;)

My sincerest condolences. You didn't loose too many brain cells I hope?

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Says the guy constantly wasting "Us" in words like "Hey, what are your favourite colours and flavours?"  

You mean spelling words correctly using the Queens English? 😆

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You mean spelling words correctly using the Queens English?

It's a waste of perfectly good letters.  Those "Us" could be put elsewhere; put into words that actually need a "U."  Like "nudels are gud fud."  But nnnooooooo.  Y'all want to squander them, putting them where they don't belong.  Now half of the annual "O" buying budget has to be wasted just so people can spell it the wanker way: "noodles are good food."

Bleeding gobshites, the lot of you.

6 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's a waste of perfectly good letters.  Those "Us" could be put elsewhere; put into words that actually need a "U."  Like "nudels are gud fud."  But nnnooooooo.  Y'all want to squander them, putting them where they don't belong.  Now half of the annual "O" buying budget has to be wasted just so people can spell it the wanker way: "noodles are good food."

Bleeding gobshites, the lot of you.

Illiterate pheasant! No wait, pheasant is too good for you. Illiterate turkey! The double "o" is lengthening the sound. Yanks always fucking shit up. Still on imperial measurements, have power plugs different, speak all funny like. Bleeding savages the lot of ye!

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Illiterate pheasant! No wait, pheasant is too good for you. Illiterate turkey! The double "o" is lengthening the sound. Yanks always fucking shit up. Still on imperial measurements, have power plugs different, speak all funny like. Bleeding savages the lot of ye!

Better a Yank than a Wank!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Better a Yank than a Wank!

Nah mate, a good wank is awesome. A Yank is just a pain :D 

Yankee Doodle went to town
A-riding on a pony
Stuck a feather in his hat
And called it macaroni. 

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

A Yank is just a pain

And kiwi is just a fruit; but most of you act more like vegetables. 

41 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

And kiwi is just a fruit; but most of you act more like vegetables. 

You mean providing nutrition and sustenance to the world while Yankee mega conglomerates try and kill us with fast foods? :D 

• Super Moderator

You win.

On 2/8/2021 at 10:38 AM, WalterP said:

Transferring this over from the Hierophant vs Pittsburgh peanut gallery...

Hmmm... I have a further thought about the term and conditions you've outlined above Josh, but since I've committed myself to yielding, watching and waiting, I'll keep my counsel until afterward. Walter.

Here's my thought, Josh. (Not so much of a thought, as a concern.)

As you know I'm concerned about the following scenario.  Before people register here they usually spend some time lurking and carefully reading what's on offer here.  This means that they can read everything and anything posted by people like Brothermario and PittsburghJoe.  As I mentioned before, it would be both tragic and bitterly ironic if these vulnerable and fragile lurkers were deflected from registering by what they read from these bozos.  We want the lurkers to make the next step and register here so that they can share and get help, right?

So, how can we balance the right of the Joe's (Mello & Pittsburgh) to post here against protecting the lurkers from them?

I'm currently stumped.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Walter.

Everyone's entitled to their own concerns.

Personally, I tend to think that lurkers questioning christianity witnessing people like all of our public debaters (you and I included) whipping the living shit out of arrogant christians who can't hold an argument to save their lives, might be more inclined to join here than otherwise. 

It just depends on whether they're interested in being on board with the winning or losing team? 

It's their choice. If they prefer to side with losers in the world of logic, reason, and debate, so be it. But they have the choice of joining the winning team, we're all inclusive as far as that goes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You win.

I know. I was just waiting for you to realise it. Oh sorry. Realize.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
8 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I know. I was just waiting for you to realise it. Oh sorry. Realize.

Yes.  I realizeded it.

• Haha 1