Goodbye Jesus

article: "On Mary"... a discussion of Jesus' bloodline

alreadyGone

Oh my..

https://mercysdad.com/2019/08/15/on-mary/

snip:

"On Mary
(A look at the genetics of The Lord)

Few things are as contentious as Mary. Her position, importance, and place in the history of the church.
But I want to take a look in a fresh way at Mary and her history. God does things in a very methodical way, layer upon layer and precept upon precept. Laying a foundation and building on it one step at a time in a logical manner. Could He have snapped His fingers and made His wishes instantly? Yes, but that is not how He seems to do things. "

<more at the link>

17 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

Oh my..

https://mercysdad.com/2019/08/15/on-mary/

snip:

"On Mary
(A look at the genetics of The Lord)

Few things are as contentious as Mary. Her position, importance, and place in the history of the church.
But I want to take a look in a fresh way at Mary and her history. God does things in a very methodical way, layer upon layer and precept upon precept. Laying a foundation and building on it one step at a time in a logical manner. Could He have snapped His fingers and made His wishes instantly? Yes, but that is not how He seems to do things. "

<more at the link>

Many of us agnostics and atheists here have doubts that Jesus ever existed. All of these would believe that all stories about Jesus' mother would be a fantasy also. I see no science basis for this discussion in this forum. I expect this thread will be moved somewhere else and then I will comment on it further.

I like the title involving the Assumption of Mary. Of course I laugh at the religious meaning of Assumption and consider the idea more like the word assume, to assume the existence of those who never existed. The whole link article is very silly also IMO. Talking about the genetics of Mary and Jesus when there would be no way to ever check any of that, and I would bet dollars to doughnuts that neither ever existed.

So, according to this guys article, god can simply use selective breeding to remove sin since it's in the DNA?  That means god could use a virus for this purpose too.  Simply infect the world and remove sin.  Kind of makes you wonder why we're still stuck with sin.  Though it does sort of raise the question of creating our own "cure" against it at some point and removing god from the equation altogether.  Seems risky for god if this is the case.

mwc

I knew I could count on you guys.

I agree. I think that's what caught my eye and motivated me to post it.

That same style:  blatant naked supposition as premise for your personal propaganda.

It's now, today that we have digital publishing and media.. it has become a defacto way to propagandize as never before and is routinely done on a scale as never before imagined.

About matters religious yeah, but also 'political', social, etc.

Combine that with the eternal human need for a daddy/ruler/god..

• Like 1