Goodbye Jesus

Gary Habermas

fluffyapple

4 hours ago, midniterider said:

Bigfoot: metaphor?  Or bullshit? 

Metaphorical Genesis equals no literal original sin. I like that.

Hmm, idk who and why they thought of it as metaphor but the probl with that is that metaphor could mean anything. You cannot base a worldview on metaphors. Metaphors are like the aesthetics of decor, not the resistance structure of a building. And I really think many believed and still believe Genesis and Revelation, from the beggining. Allegory vs literal meaning has been a continous battle or so it seems.

12 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

LoL did he just call me Luke warm? thats funny. No friend, not luke warm at all. 0 degrees Kelvin would be more accurate. 

"I saw how greatly he (we) suffered the requirement of being clever. It separated him (us) from his (our) soul, and it didn’t get him (us) anything other than a living.”

Mark Helprin, A Soldier of the Great War

“The shelf was filled with books that were hard to read, that could devastate and remake one's soul, and that, when they were finished, had a kick like a mule.”

Mark Helprin, Winter's Tale

17 hours ago, Hierophant said:

@Christianchat_Chat I am not really following your line of thought; it seems a bit sporadic. Could you clarify on what exactly you are trying to argue, be that an argument for the faith, epistemology, et cetera?

download-67.jpeg.93cce4ce455e53fb2ea4742940af87fa.jpeg