Goodbye Jesus

My response to the Moderators

WalterP

I'm posting this because the thread in question was locked down before I could reply.

Pantheory got the chance to respond to JoshPantera, but the thread was locked before I could do so.

But I would like to ask @WalterP to cease arguing with Pantheory for now and allow the others involved to state their opinions. Pantheory doesn't want it. He's asked for it to stop. So Walter should stand down and let everyone have a chance to weigh in with their own opinions.

If no one has any opinion to state, I'll lock it down. 

Well, I didn't get a chance to reply to Josh, even though, as we can see from the quote above, he addressed me directly.

So, here is my considered response.

I will gladly accept the ruling of the Moderators and cease to challenge Pantheory on all science matters.

If anyone wants to know my opinions about anything he writes about science they will have to message me privately.

This now means that it is entirely up to the Moderators to discover if he is giving a balanced view of any future science issues or whether he is 'freely interpreting' the data from his anti-mainstream position.

I don't envy them this task.

To TABA, Hierophant, LogicalFallacy, Josh and the RedneckProfessor...

Delete this if you will as being tantamount to questioning the way this forum is moderated, by in my opinion you now have a wolf in the fold.

Thank you.

Walter.

You may have missed the point? We, or at least I, wasn't saying don't point out issues during a discussion in the Science forum. We are simply asking that both of you don't make this mainstream vs alternate argument into WalterP vs Pantheory smackdown 2021 in itself.

30 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You may have missed the point? We, or at least I, wasn't saying don't point out issues during a discussion in the Science forum. We are simply asking that both of you don't make this mainstream vs alternate argument into WalterP vs Pantheory smackdown 2021 in itself.

Yes, I think I've missed point, LogicalFallacy.

I don't have what it takes to take Pantheory on at his level of expertise in physics, so I have presented historical examples of his 'interesting' approach to science.

Both from this forum and from another one.

If these examples are insufficient to clearly show his modus operandi, then I don't know what is.

But now I'm out.

My warnings seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

From now on, when a member asks a question in the Science vs Religion forum and Pantheory chimes in, it will now be up to the Moderators to try and discover if he is giving a balanced view of the issue or whether he is 'freely interpreting' the data to promote his alternative physics and/or to downplay mainstream physics.

Good luck with that.

I have only one more thing to say that could be of help to you, but you'll have to message me privately if you want to hear it.

Thank you.

Walter.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Here's a simple question for you, LogicalFallacy.

If I told a lie back in 2008 in another forum and Pantheory presented it here, would the passing of 13 years change what I did back then? 

No, but it's largely irrelevant to this forum.

If Pantheory makes a post in the science forum extoling the virtues and evidence of his theory tomorrow feel free to discuss to your hearts content. 

But discussing what happened on another forum with another person 13 years ago, seriously mate in relation to this forum does anyone give a flying fuck? (Well you obviously)

Pantheory's theory stands or falls on its own merit, not because of what he said, or BAA said on some forum 13 years ago.

If Pantheory makes the claim tomorrow that he has new data proving his theory, what happened 13 years ago means nothing. Discuss the merits of here and now is my basic point.

9 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

No, but it's largely irrelevant to this forum.

If Pantheory makes a post in the science forum extoling the virtues and evidence of his theory tomorrow feel free to discuss to your hearts content. 

But discussing what happened on another forum with another person 13 years ago. Seriously mate in relation to this forum does anyone give a flying fuck?

Then what is the point of citing any historical data in any part of this forum?

Who gives a flying fuck what the Dead Sea Scrolls say?

Who gives a fuck what Stephen hawking wrote in his Singularity theorem, which William Lane Craig misuses in his apologetic arguments?

Who gives a fuck about what the Bible actually says if the passing of time changes a lie into a truth?

If the passing of time really makes you say, 'Who gives a fuck?' then what's the point of debating ANYTHING that relies on historical data?

1 hour ago, WalterP said:

From now on, when a member asks a question in the Science vs Religion forum and Pantheory chimes in, it will now be up to the Moderators to try and discover if he is giving a balanced view of the issue or whether he is 'freely interpreting' the data to promote his alternative physics and/or to downplay mainstream physics.

Good luck with that.

It's not from now on, it's always been and always will be up to the staff. We don't force a balanced view of science on anyone. That's not what we're doing here. We will challenge claims about science, but we're not here to force a balanced view about science on people. The balance can sort itself out in the process of the debate. People can decide what they think. 

'The road to hell is paved with good intentions'

I think that you both ultimately have good intentions. But the fight has gone overboard and it's run a fair course. The points have been made. And it's getting hellish now so it's best to let it go. Everyone seems to get it. Pantheory has not overturned the standard model by any means. And that being the case, we'll be using the standard model cosmology as our go to unless it's overturned and changed at some point in the future. 

He can discuss dissent, but not to the point of constantly trolling science threads for an opportunity for self promotion. I said that if he's only here to look for self promotion opportunities then it's going to be a problem. He can leave a link to his website in his signature line and leave it at that. If anyone is interested, they can follow the link. But we don't really need to be discussing his alternative theory here every time someone posts in the science section. He's agreed to this standard as far as I can tell. 

If you'll agree to stop chasing him around bringing up all sorts of things from the past, we can be done with it and move on. 

• Thanks 2

Josh,

I agree.

Let's draw a line under this and move on.

Thank you.

Walter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1