Goodbye Jesus

What's Old Is New Again

Sybaris

I'm not sure the author actually supported that thesis very well.  QAnon is more of a bizarre political movement than a religion.  Though the two have significant overlap as their methods of recruiting and control are similar.

• Super Moderator

jesus was white...

is white, please....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sybaris said:

A very interesting article here that suggests the development of a new religion based on the perpetuation of White Supremacy through Christianity.

The Capitol Attack: White Supremacist Terrorism Meets Evangelical Christianity

The author's opinion piece seems to have misunderstood at least some of the content he's writing about. 

6 hours ago, Krowb said:

I'm not sure the author actually supported that thesis very well.  QAnon is more of a bizarre political movement than a religion.  Though the two have significant overlap as their methods of recruiting and control are similar.

The above is correct. 

And having said that, the situation is that we don't allow political discussion pretty much at all anymore. We're here for religious debate and discussion. That's been decided several times but now it's been more permanently implemented. And political topics like this invite political discussion. 

So I'll lock the thread and we'll abide by the no political discussion policy.