Goodbye Jesus

The weird things I think about that Christians don't consider.

LogicalFallacy

So there I was minding my own business going to the toilet while simultaneously thinking about design in relation to the human body. It's really quite a shity design isn't it, the human body? Well, then I thought aren't the believers all supposed to go to Heaven? Apparently they will drink the wine and eat the grapes yada yada. So what about the waste produced from that? Are we still pooing and peeing in heaven? What about sex? No sex in heaven? If none of those in heaven we can get rid of our digestive system, reproductive systems etc. If that's the case why was it put there in Eden in the first place? If in Eden it was the perfect design and heaven is perfect what happens to all these very intimate body functions? Because if I was a perfect designer I'd design a body to utilise food 100% so no need for waste disposal systems. That would at least solve the combined waste system/recreational playground disaster that we are all currently afflicted with.

So Christians do you ever think about this stuff and just think to yourself, yeah the whole perfect heaven idea doesn't make much sense?

I mean if we do retain current body functions I hope heaven has a damn good effluent disposal system or heaven is gonna stink... and be unhealthy!

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

Putting the entertainment center right next to the sewer on the female body?  And testicles on the outside on the male?  Intelligent design, my ass.

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator
6 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Putting the entertainment center right next to the sewer on the female body?

Many would consider there are TWO entertainment centers, like putting an arcade next to a movie theater. But that's none of my business...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Once they start thinking about things like this, they either start the process of disbelieving or double down into apologetics, excuses, and cognitive dissonance. 

• Like 2

Then there's "heaven" with streets of metal and giant gates of pearl, I guess made by giant irritated clams. Why would a god who makes galaxies value gold and pearls? "Gold and pearls Charlie! It's a magic place of gold and pearls, just across the magical bridge of awe and wonder!!"

Context: 

Charlie the Unicorn goes to Candy Mountain

• Like 1

Hey, take the pragmatic view.  Without waste, death and decay of animals and plants, there would be no fertilizer for further life.  IT IS ALL BEAUTIFUL!

I have asked more than once...why a biological body at all?

Half the bible is a repeating loop of tirades about how nasty we all are, how weak we are..

There's even the passage somewhere in the OT explaining that we should not shit where we sleep.

(but not a word to advise about hand-washing afterwords)

But God wanted 'company', creatures with whom to 'fellowship' etc.

And He didn't want 'robots'!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fuego said:

Then there's "heaven" with streets of metal and giant gates of pearl, I guess made by giant irritated clams. Why would a god who makes galaxies value gold and pearls? "Gold and pearls Charlie! It's a magic place of gold and pearls, just across the magical bridge of awe and wonder!!"

Context: 

Charlie the Unicorn goes to Candy Mountain

🤣🤣🤣

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 6:56 PM, alreadyGone said:

I have asked more than once...why a biological body at all?

Half the bible is a repeating loop of tirades about how nasty we all are, how weak we are..

There's even the passage somewhere in the OT explaining that we should not shit where we sleep.

(but not a word to advise about hand-washing afterwords)

But God wanted 'company', creatures with whom to 'fellowship' etc.

And He didn't want 'robots'!

And apparently in heaven we will be in our transformed bodies... whatever that means. Does it mean we'd transcend the material realm? If Heaven is in another dimension is it even material? So many questions.

On 3/21/2021 at 5:23 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

And apparently in heaven we will be in our transformed bodies... whatever that means. Does it mean we'd transcend the material realm? If Heaven is in another dimension is it even material? So many questions.

I have it on good authority that Heaven is a real, physical place.

Several devout believers and ministers told me so.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was told this body was the result of the Fall so the bodies of Eve and Adam were different. I never go to the point of how.

Tye whole design bit is truly unreal. I get how you bypass ot with the Fall, but in this world it seems more designed to kill us than keep us alive :)

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2021 at 4:15 AM, LogicalFallacy said:

So there I was minding my own business going to the toilet while simultaneously thinking about design in relation to the human body. It's really quite a shity design isn't it, the human body? Well, then I thought aren't the believers all supposed to go to Heaven? 

No. The meek inherit what? Not heaven. I wouldn't want to go there. The earth was made for man.