What? This isn't the 700 club prayer forum? lol ;-) Now that you're awake....

🙃 Resident new arrival here. I'm so glad to find a forum dedicated to ex-Christians when there are so many sites dedicated to current ones. What fun that is. 

I was raised Baptist.

My paternal grandparents took me to church with them starting at the impressionable age of 3. I tried to fit in, accept all I was told, being as an only child I was one who never imagined my parents would lie to me or lead me wrong. They did both in their lifetime. However, in matters of faith I think they sincerely thought they were helping to lead me to the right path. 

Now, they're both gone and have the answer to every question the faithful and the faithless may hold in this life. "What's next?" 

At this point I've long accepted the Bible doesn't make a lot of sense when trying to teach readers about a supreme creator. And it is certainly contradictory and errant. (There's a statement that holds potential to cause a Fundy to implode with shock. )

Why is Satan evil? If God appointed him to punish the evil? 

If the Bible is inerrant, why are there two accounts of the census God commanded king David to take?

One at God's behest. The same call for the census but in a different book and at Satan's behest.

Confirmation bias has the answers. Ask any preacher. But that just doesn't make the grade. 

Why hold faith in a lie thinking the lie will make one a better person? 

Anyway, just blabbing away.

I'll stop now. Thank you for reading my introduction. I look forward to speaking with you in future. 

Stay Tuned, 

B. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Moderator

Welcome, B.  I'm glad you have found us.  We are always eager to welcome like-minded people into our noble ranks.  Make yourself to home and if you need anything, just holler.

Wow, that's a tiny font! Welcome to Ex-C!

49 minutes ago, BirdShadowsOnTheDrapes said:

Better? 😉

I can read that without my reading glasses!  Welcome!

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Fuego said:

Wow, that's a tiny font! Welcome to Ex-C!

I took the liberty of increasing the font size on the original post.  An ex-Christian's first post should be legible to all!

• Haha 1
  • Super Moderator
1 hour ago, TABA said:

I took the liberty of increasing the font size on the original post.  An ex-Christian's first post should be legible to all!

Damn it, @TABA, now the post is taking up too much bandwidth. 

• Super Moderator
11 hours ago, BirdShadowsOnTheDrapes said:

I was one who never imagined my parents would lie to me or lead me wrong. They did both in their lifetime. However, in matters of faith I think they sincerely thought they were helping to lead me to the right path. 

I can relate to this.  I know my parents meant well; but the end result really didn't pan out the way they planned.  Unfortunately, the lies, manipulations, and coercions have left me with little more feeling toward them than the politeness required with relative strangers.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:17 AM, TABA said:

On 3/17/2021 at 7:43 AM, florduh said:

Welcome!

Thank you. 😄

On 3/17/2021 at 8:36 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Damn it, @TABA, now the post is taking up too much bandwidth. 

LOL! It must be me but I don't see a larger font on my OP.  

On 3/17/2021 at 8:41 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I can relate to this.  I know my parents meant well; but the end result really didn't pan out the way they planned.  Unfortunately, the lies, manipulations, and coercions have left me with little more feeling toward them than the politeness required with relative strangers.

Sorry to hear. 

My parents meant well because they didn't know any better themselves. The fear paradigm that is woven into Christianity I think leads many to be afraid to question because of course there's that pesky threat of eternity in hell. 

Now that they're both passed on they like all the dead know the truth. God is actually an Lesbian from the tribe of the Cherokee and her side kick Jesus in truth is a Boxerpo panting and taking a nap on the floor to her right. 

• Haha 1

Welcome B. Glad you are here! We get it. We totally understand. You are home. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

(hug) 

On 3/16/2021 at 6:31 PM, BirdShadowsOnTheDrapes said:

Why is Satan evil? If God appointed him to punish the evil? 

I'll try that out on some believer I meet. That's a fun one.

And why would Satan follow God's orders? He's already in hell, eh? lol

The people who thought up this nonsense didnt put much thought into it. :)

• Like 2
19 hours ago, midniterider said:

I'll try that out on some believer I meet. That's a fun one.

And why would Satan follow God's orders? He's already in hell, eh? lol

The people who thought up this nonsense didnt put much thought into it. :)

You know what my feeling is? That a lot of modern dogma sounds like tens of sects with very different ideas came together and they negotiated like I will accept dogma X if you accept dogma Y . So they reached a settlement where the majority were satisfied with getting sone of their ideas in. Consistency was secondary. Something like lots of bills passed in multi party coalition governments. 

• Thanks 1