5 hours ago, JamesL said:

All I'm getting are the same ole debunked arguments over and over again. I want to hear something new. ...

Why would anyone believe the tall tale in Genesis of a supernatural being appearing as a serpent to the supposed first original human beings?

No one, not even biblical scholars have any actual evidence that a man named Abram/Abraham ever actually lived. Four - five thousand years ago?

No one has any evidence or objective reason to believe that God appeared to any man named Abram to tell him all about what happened in the Garden of Eden.

It's all myth.

And absent "original sin", the gospel is meaningless.

No one was there James, to record those supposed events.

No one was there with a video cam or even a pen and paper, a clay tablet, or a scroll of parchment or papyrus.

There wasn't yet a written language of any kind when the earliest humans walked the earth.

To believe it, you have no choice but to do so only because you want to believe it.

Because it feels good.

Live long enough James and you will learn for yourself: human beings see what they believe.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone struggling to follow JamesL's logic, I have condensed it all into the diagram below.  I added color for the bits that represent his original thoughts and arguments.    

@alreadyGone, the dude lives in a tent.  He don't need no toilet paper; he just needs to remember "leaves of three, leave it be."

Really? The lack of archeological proof is what started my deconversion. You should probably recheck your facts.   This is not true. Very little evidence has been found like @LogicalFallac

Posted Images

6 hours ago, JamesL said:

All I'm getting are the same ole debunked arguments over and over again. I want to hear something new. Something that can't be debunked and its irrefutable. So far I've presented irrefutable evidence of god

You haven't debunked anything. Let alone over and over again. You came here under false pretenses and started lying to everyone. And making threats about wanting to shut the site down. 

And as for irrefutable evidence of god. You haven't presented any such thing. Christian videos don't prove the existence of god. In fact, the existence of god has never been proven. It's probably outside of the realm of being proven even if it were true. And if it was, as Joseph Campbell once asked a catholic priest in passing, "what then would be the value of faith?" 

You haven't refuted biblical contradictions by posting an apologetic video. It doesn't work that way. YOU have to actually demonstrate that a specific contradiction isn't a contradiction and show how and why it isn't. Parroting apologist's who are already wrong from the outset doesn't get you anywhere. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, JamesL said:

This debunks all of the bible contradictions. I don't know why you keep asking the same question? there are no bible contradictions unless you take the bible out of context and twist the words

I keep asking YOU  the same question James, because I want YOU  to debunk my contradiction claims YOURSELF.

Posting a catch-all video doesn't do that.

Please show me, using YOUR  own words and YOUR  own thinking why the example I've given isn't a bona fide biblical contradiction.

Now you know why I'm asking YOU.

I've posted my thoughts, now I want to hear YOURS, James.

I didn't rely on a video to make my case for me.

Let's hear from YOU.

Thank you.

Walter.

• Thanks 1

The Bible claims that believers can prove their faith with supernatural acts.

JamesL has been asked to provide evidence of his own supernatural powers (with God ALL things are possible)

He has failed to do so, REPEATEDLY.

Many of us have spent years trying to please God, through prayer and hardship. I made myself so ill for Christianity , I was hospitalised, repeatedly. 

I prayed and prayed and prayed and all I got back was a stony silence, after over 3 decades of trying. Of course to cultists, it was all my own fault.....99.9999 percent wasn't quite quite good enough for Yahweh, the desert tribal good, who loved the smell of animal offerings and collections of foreskins. 

He  comes onto a site, where he is not wanted, ignores ALL requests to prove that he has a magic ghost inside him and has the AUDACITY to challenge us...and the NERVE to post a headline "forsake all for god, despite that he has a bike, a tent, likes games and movies and the internet. 

"Forsaking maybe some things for God" may have been a better headline.  

But but but, YouTube, but,but,but YouTube, etc will not cut it to those of us who  tried for YEARS and PLEADED with God for faith. 

Cultists coming on here to try and groom damaged people,should prove that they have the supernatural powers that the Bible claims for them.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Christian's have soooo much faith that they look both ways before crossing the road..........

A final word

Every sect is a certificate that God has not plainly revealed his will to man. To each reader the Bible conveys a different meaning. About the meaning of this book, called a revelation, there have been ages of war, and centuries of sword and flame. If written by an infinite God, he must have known that these results must follow; and thus knowing, he must be responsible for all.-Robert Green Ingersoll 

“One would go mad if one took the Bible seriously; but to take it seriously one must be already mad.” – Aleister Crowley

“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.” – Isaac Asimov

“I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is fucked up.” – George Carlin

“The whole image is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God’s infinite love. That’s the message we’re brought up with isn’t it? Believe or die! Thank you, forgiving Lord, for all those options.” – Bill Hicks

"If god doesn't like the way I live, Let him tell me, not you."

Again with his basic premise for the masses, that we all just believe and accept from him that we need nothing except a tent and god...

@JamesL,

Why do you proclaim that we need nothing of material things?

What precisely is the essence of this premise?

Is it perhaps that by having no possessions you believe that this will imbue us all with greater devotion and obedience to God?

Is that what you're trying to tell us?   

Is that what mankind needs to come into alignment with the will of God?

To put aside material things?

I sent videos instead because they help me deliever my point across better. Compared to me saying it. English isn't my first language so its not easy for me to express myself when it comes to complicated topics like these. But yes no matter how you put it god exists and you all made a big mistake by leaving god. Well look I only come here to help you guys back to god. I'm not a bad person. its just that i really want you guys to get back on the right path. look you might thing being a good person is all you need in this life. but thats not the case. being good won't lead you anywhere. only having the gift of god can save you. please before its too late sell all you have and come back to god. start over again in life. i will help you. you can contact a voice in the desert by email or by youtube. your eternal destination depends on this thing. you only get one chance. don't mess it up

• Confused 1
3 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

Why do you proclaim that we need nothing of material things?

What precisely is the essence of this premise?

Is it perhaps that by having no possessions you believe that this will imbue us all with greater devotion and obedience to God?

Yes we don't need material possessions. They never ever make us happy and only lead us to depression. WHy else do you think that there's a high suicide rate in rich countries. Yet in poor countries everyone seems more happy because they are content with what they have and they live by god's grace. god loves the poor more than the rich. You will never ever be happy in life by being rich. only by being poor you will realize what life truly is. one day you will all understand. i was on the same path you were all on. you will see in the future

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, JamesL said:

WHy else do you think that there's a high suicide rate in rich countries. Yet in poor countries everyone seems more happy because they are content with what they have and they live by god's grace.

That is factually incorrect. Guyana is number one in suicides, Russia is third, India is 19th and America is 34th.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Moderator

Hey, James, how much do you want for that tent?  I'll give you five dollars for it, sight unseen.  Throw in the bike and I'll make it ten.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
19 minutes ago, florduh said:

That is factually incorrect. Guyana is number one in suicides, Russia is third, India is 19th and America is 34th.

JamesL doesn't do facts...or evidence, or rational thinking, or intellectual honesty, or curiosity, or reading comprehension, or mutual discourse, or cooperation, or work, etc.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, JamesL said:

I sent videos instead because they help me deliever my point across better. Compared to me saying it. English isn't my first language so its not easy for me to express myself when it comes to complicated topics like these. But yes no matter how you put it god exists and you all made a big mistake by leaving god. Well look I only come here to help you guys back to god. I'm not a bad person. its just that i really want you guys to get back on the right path. look you might thing being a good person is all you need in this life. but thats not the case. being good won't lead you anywhere. only having the gift of god can save you. please before its too late sell all you have and come back to god. start over again in life. i will help you. you can contact a voice in the desert by email or by youtube. your eternal destination depends on this thing. you only get one chance. don't mess it up

I own that alleged "mistake" unconditionally and wholeheartedly.  I do not possess any religious faith at all.  I never have.  I went to Sunday School, read the Bible, had religious classes in elementary school, was proselytized in a laundromat by someone who wanted me to say the Sinner's Prayer*.  It had no effect whatsoever on my lack of belief, but did lead me to wonder why anyone took it seriously.

(* I never said that prayer because I see it as a lie.  I don't believe that people are naturally evil, I don't believe in sin, I do not think that it is moral to let someone die in your place, and I don't believe that Jesus has any power at all.)

You will never get me onto that path, James.  Many people have tried.  All of them have failed.  All of them.   You're just failure #1,071 in a long, long list of well-meaning people suffering from a delusion that they have the authority to speak for an unproven, invisible, silent and probably imaginary god.

And I refuse to sell my worldly possessions.  In fact, this very afternoon I'm going to meet with a contractor to purchase several thousand dollars' worth of hardscaping for the back yard of my fully-paid-off three-storey home.

And then I'll drink some English Breakfast tea that I purchased from a specialty shop.

And play several of the clarinets in my $10,000 collection.  (pets her newest acquisition, a professional-grade E flat instrument).

And go shopping, too. *evil grin*

Oh, and that "eternal destination"?  It's the grave, you dumbass, not heaven.  In the meantime, have fun in that tent of yours.

1 hour ago, JamesL said:

Yes we don't need material possessions. They never ever make us happy and only lead us to depression. ...

@JamesL, do you use toilet-paper?

Serious question... common commercial toilet-paper?

18 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

JamesL doesn't do facts...or evidence, or rational thinking, or intellectual honesty, or curiosity, or reading comprehension, or mutual discourse, or cooperation, or work, etc.

Or answer questions that he doesn't like. 

• Super Moderator
32 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

But he DOES entertain.

11 minutes ago, florduh said:

But he DOES entertain.

I cite your avatar tagline.... 🙂

• Like 1

Apparently @JamesL cannot even answer where light comes from. I thought they taught this stuff in kindergarten.

Been a while since we've had a miumiu cutaway while pausing for a gladiator to get his 2nd wind and recover his mojo...

Maybe  Spanky And Our Gang?    Devo?   F. Zappa? 

1 hour ago, JamesL said:

No. That's not correct James.

You didn't JUST come here to help us come back to god.

Nine days ago you wrote...

"Not just that but i will end the existence of this website."

So, please tell us, how is your little side project going?

Walter.

• Thanks 2
48 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Nine days ago you wrote...

"Not just that but i will end the existence of this website."

So, please tell us, how is your little side project going?

Well, we are coming up on Easter weekend.  I hear miraculous stuff happens.  In fact I seem to feel my old faith stirring.  Maybe I’ve been led astray by Satan this whole time.  Maybe it’s not too late for us all to repent!

Of course it’s also April 1st. 

• Haha 1

Let's try a different tack.

@JamesL Let's pretend we meet at the subway. Trains coming in 5mins and I have to go. We don't have access to YouTube or internet its just you and me talking. 

What do you say to try and convert me? What is your one best argument for God? Go. 

38 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Let's try a different tack.

@JamesL Let's pretend we meet at the subway. Trains coming in 5mins and I have to go. We don't have access to YouTube or internet its just you and me talking. 

What do you say to try and convert me? What is your one best argument for God? Go. 

that might be easy to answer.  the answer is found in one of the first two videos he posted i think.

i will try to look it up.

I'm concerned...

It's a little past 4:00 pm, Pacific Time.

@JamesL should have been here by now I think.

😞

48 minutes ago, v__a__s__t said:

that might be easy to answer.  the answer is found in one of the first two videos he posted i think.

i will try to look it up.

Um yeah we weren't going to refer to videos in the scenario. 

I would expect something like argument from design but let's see what he says.

22 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Um yeah we weren't going to refer to videos in the scenario. 

I would expect something like argument from design but let's see what he says.

yeah.  that's why i was gonna look it up.  so i could write it down... what a person might say. :)