@JamesL

Where are you?

Don't give up now..

If you give up on us, what will God think of you?

God needs your help here to rescue all these misguided reprobate apostates.

He's depending on you. He has placed this burden on your shoulders for a reason.

Just pray about it, you'll surely receive divine inspiration and strength.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone struggling to follow JamesL's logic, I have condensed it all into the diagram below.  I added color for the bits that represent his original thoughts and arguments.    

@alreadyGone, the dude lives in a tent.  He don't need no toilet paper; he just needs to remember "leaves of three, leave it be."

Really? The lack of archeological proof is what started my deconversion. You should probably recheck your facts.   This is not true. Very little evidence has been found like @LogicalFallac

Posted Images

• Super Moderator
16 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

I'm concerned...

It's a little past 4:00 pm, Pacific Time.

@JamesL should have been here by now I think.

😞

Maybe the library was closed for April Fool's Day.

James is at work at Dicks Sporting Goods of Upland, California selling bicycles and tents. See the complete line of Coleman, Outdoor Venture and Black Diamond products. /s

• Haha 1
On 3/29/2021 at 9:09 PM, JamesL said:

@JamesL

This is the solution your link gave. 

"The Solution

There are several plausible ways to show that Mark does not contradict the other three Gospel writers. Keep in mind that a contradiction is “A and not A in the same relationship at the same time.” So a legitimate contradiction would be if a Gospel writer claimed the rooster crowed and then a writer said a rooster did not crow at the same time in this situation or if they claimed that only one rooster would crow and that more than one would crow—but that is clearly not what the Bible says. All four Gospels attest to a cock crowing at the time of Peter’s third denial. Although Mark specifies that this was the second crow, the other three Gospels do not say the crow at the third denial was the only crow. So our goal is to show these accounts are complementary."

I underlined a blatant lie in the solution. Even in the authors own article he sites luke:

"Luke

Then He said, “I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me.” (Luke 22:34)"

Obviously the other gospels did say there were no other crows before his denial. 

James can you explain why it says the rooster shall not crow until peter denies him 3 times and why Mark says it was twice? The author of the link states that it is because Mark knew more details being peters apprentice. But that is not substantiated. We don't have Mark or Peter here to verify that. And either way. Did the same God not speak to the other authors? 

Whether you like it or not. This is a contradiction. It is a small one that doesn't really change the narrative but non the less it is a contradiction. It is an error in an inerrant book according to you. 

• Like 1

I hope we didn't hurt his feelings.

@JamesL , wherever you are, no matter which time zone, I hope you're having a... good Friday.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

@JamesL , wherever you are, no matter which time zone, I hope you're having a... good Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34

On 4/1/2021 at 3:17 PM, JamesL said:

But yes no matter how you put it god exists and you all made a big mistake by leaving god. Well look I only come here to help you guys back to god. I'm not a bad person. its just that i really want you guys to get back on the right path. look you might thing being a good person is all you need in this life. but thats not the case. being good won't lead you anywhere. only having the gift of god can save you. please before its too late sell all you have and come back to god. start over again in life. i will help you. you can contact a voice in the desert by email or by youtube. your eternal destination depends on this thing. you only get one chance. don't mess it up

You have the mentality of a mormon or jehovah's witness going door to door without a clue in the world what it is you're actually doing. Just following along blindly behind someone's else's claims and sermons. YOU are not thinking for yourself and that's why YOU can not doing anything aside from post apologetic videos that you don't even understand. The reason we want you to tell us what you think is to confirm that you even understand what you're talking about in the first place. 

Now that may seem a little personal, but I assure you it's just business. 

Business around here is encouraging and helping struggling christians who are deconverted and deconverting. When they read something like this what they are seeing is a guy making big claims, some idle threats, lying to everyone and being dishonest, while at the same time claiming to be doing gods work. Now you have to realize, JamesL, people like YOU are often the reason behind people deconverting from christianity. 

Yes, the cold hard facts. 

People who are quite ignorant and understand very little, who nonetheless preach at everyone else about truth and certainty. Blind self appointed leaders seeking to lead others off and away into the darkness personal ignorance and intellectual dishonesty, basically.

And you are a glaring example of such people. I'm sure most of us grew up with people just you preaching at us, to no avail in the end. 

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

Maybe, like Jesus, James will come again.

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Maybe, like Jesus, James will come again.

I have faith in him.

1 hour ago, alreadyGone said:

I have faith in him.

So did St Paul...

2000 years later... :D 

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

You have the mentality of a mormon or jehovah's witness going door to door without a clue in the world what it is you're actually doing. Just following along blindly behind someone's else's claims and sermons. YOU are not thinking for yourself and that's why YOU can not doing anything aside from post apologetic videos that you don't even understand. The reason we want you to tell us what you think is to confirm that you even understand what you're talking about in the first place. 

Now that may seem a little personal, but I assure you it's just business. 

Business around here is encouraging and helping struggling christians who are deconverted and deconverting. When they read something like this what they are seeing is a guy making big claims, some idle threats, lying to everyone and being dishonest, while at the same time claiming to be doing gods work. Now you have to realize, JamesL, people like YOU are often the reason behind people deconverting from christianity. 

Look I'm not like those people. My statements are backed with facts. Listen to me I am not threatening you all. I'm doing this out of love. If I didn't care about you and if I was a bad person then I would just leave yall to rot in hell. But I'm not because god wants me to show you all the truth. Look you may think its crazy to sell all that you have and live for christ. But its not, as a matter of fact its the only thing that gives life meaning. Without god life is meaningless and this world doesn't make sense. Throw god out and you get a crazy chaotic world. You all need gods mercy. Look I went through the same phase that yall went through a long time ago. This is no different. Just please sell all you have and quit your jobs. Easter is pagan as well as birthdays. We need to give up the traditions of this world and be transformed in christ. the world will hate you if you are with christ because he is good and the world is bad. majority of the world will go to hell. don't let yourselves be one of those people

15 minutes ago, JamesL said:

Look I'm not like those people.

To us, you are.  You don't get to decide how we see you, James.

My statements are backed with facts.

Nope.  Your so-called "facts" are no more than superstition.  If we test them in the real world, they will fail.

Listen to me I am not threatening you all. I'm doing this out of love. If I didn't care about you and if I was a bad person then I would just leave yall to rot in hell. But I'm not because god wants me to show you all the truth.

James, you don't have "the truth."  All you have is a belief - a belief that we already examined and rejected.

Look you may think its crazy to sell all that you have and live for christ. But its not, as a matter of fact its the only thing that gives life meaning.

It may be the only thing that gives your life meaning.  It is execrably rude of you to try to declare what anyone else on Earth should find meaningful.  That is for them to decide, and them alone.

Without god life is meaningless and this world doesn't make sense. Throw god out and you get a crazy chaotic world.

The existence of a god does not add meaning.  In fact, eternal life -- where one would never get to "the point of it all" -- is what I find meaningless.

You all need gods mercy.

Fuck your god and its bogus "mercy."  If it actually existed and was truly merciful, it would simply not create a hell.  The presence of even one person suffering for eternity makes your god infinitely evil.

Why do you worship a god of infinite evil, James?

Look I went through the same phase that yall went through a long time ago.

No. You. Didn't.  You know nothing about our experiences, nothing at all.  Stop making shit up, you mendacious little brat.

Just please sell all you have and quit your jobs.

Not going to happen, James.  The thought of living like you horrifies me.

Easter is pagan as well as birthdays.

I have absolutely no problem with this, as I'm the goddess that Easter was named after in the English-speaking world FYI, Easter has a name closer to "Passover" in the Romance languages.

How are you gentlemen!!  All your Easter are belong to Us.  (And $40 CDN of locally-made chocolate also are belong to Us, as I made My annual stopover at a Winnipeg chocolatier on Saturday afternoon.)

majority of the world will go to hell. don't let yourselves be one of those people

If hell exists -- which I doubt very, very much -- I choose to go there of my own free will to spend eternity ministering to anyone who is trapped there.  I cannot in good conscience go to heaven if even one person is suffering in hell.  I took a vow to this effect in 2008, and 13 years later I have no regrets and reaffirm the vow in this moment.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JamesL said:

My statements are backed with facts.

*Falls off chair laughing.*

Just please sell all you have and quit your jobs.

No, because I am not a complete fucking moron who leaches off society.

If everyone quits their jobs, who makes all the tents and bikes we will suddenly need? Who farms the land, produces food crops? Who makes the machinery that allows us to do this on a massive scale to feed billions of people. Who maintains the water storage and supply systems, who manages the sewage systems that takes all the waste from billions of people shitting every day? 

Two minutes thought demonstrates how completely asinine your exhortations are. Sorry, I should blame Jesus christ, he was the one who started this complete idiocy. 

You want to know what long term tent dwelling with lots of people looks like go look at refugee camps. They are hell holes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In order to be consistent in his worldview, James needs to give away his bike and his tent, walking everywhere, living out in the open, and never again eating food that was produced by other people using fridges, stoves or other appliances.  No consumer-made goods of any kind - just scrounging for fruits and berries, and whatever animal flesh he can kill with homemade weaponry and then cook on a campfire made by rubbing sticks together (Matches? Lighters?  Heaven forfend!)

He doesn't seem to realize that there are consequences to owning nothing and not working, and that those consequences are generally bad.  Heck, even he can't actually do it - the hypocritical little whiner is using modern-day technology, built by people who would probably laugh in his face if he told them to quit their jobs and give away their stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, JamesL said:

Look I'm not like those people. My statements are backed with facts. Listen to me I am not threatening you all. I'm doing this out of love. If I didn't care about you and if I was a bad person then I would just leave yall to rot in hell. But I'm not because god wants me to show you all the truth. Look you may think its crazy to sell all that you have and live for christ. But its not, as a matter of fact its the only thing that gives life meaning. Without god life is meaningless and this world doesn't make sense. Throw god out and you get a crazy chaotic world. You all need gods mercy. Look I went through the same phase that yall went through a long time ago. This is no different. Just please sell all you have and quit your jobs. Easter is pagan as well as birthdays. We need to give up the traditions of this world and be transformed in christ. the world will hate you if you are with christ because he is good and the world is bad. majority of the world will go to hell. don't let yourselves be one of those people

I'm still waiting on you to reply with your thoughts (and not somebody else's) on that biblical contradiction, James.

This is what, the fourth time I asked?

In Eden god cursed all of Adam's descendants to die and return to the the dust.

But Enoch, a descendant of Adam did not die and return to the dust.

This is the bible contradicting itself.

Please let me have your reply to this and not another video, James.

Thank you.

Walter.

11 hours ago, JamesL said:

Look I'm not like those people. My statements are backed with facts. Listen to me I am not threatening you all. I'm doing this out of love. If I didn't care about you and if I was a bad person then I would just leave yall to rot in hell. But I'm not because god wants me to show you all the truth. Look you may think its crazy to sell all that you have and live for christ. But its not, as a matter of fact its the only thing that gives life meaning. Without god life is meaningless and this world doesn't make sense. Throw god out and you get a crazy chaotic world. You all need gods mercy.

But you are exactly like those people. They would think you're weird. You think they're weird. But you all do the same thing. You proselytize something that you don't even understand in the first place. All of you claim to do what you do out of love and concern for others.

But there's a deeper dimension. And it's ego related.

You think you've found truth and you want to impose what you think is true on everyone else. Cloaked under the guise of care, love, and consideration for others. And you probably aren't even aware of what you're doing as you're doing it. Neither are they. But you're all the same. 

Your facts are false, basically. Your truth is composed many lies woven together. Same with the other proselytizing door to door religious salesmen. 

A guy came through a month or so ago trying to sell his "truth" given by revelation from god. But his truth coming direct from the holy spirit (according to his claims) had nothing to do with selling everything. He threatened us with hell. Then he claimed to love everyone too as he back peddled from the threatening intro.

He claimed that quantum physics reveals god. God is an infinite and eternal wave-length and that decoherence is the devil. The holy spirit told him this. Not a word about selling everything, however. Whose truth is real? Who did the HS really speak through? One of you? Neither of you? Or are you each deluded in your own custom tailored, subjective minded ways???

Crackpots come a dime a dozen. You're the next in line. And just as deluded as the last guy. 

11 hours ago, JamesL said:

Look I went through the same phase that yall went through a long time ago. This is no different. Just please sell all you have and quit your jobs. Easter is pagan as well as birthdays. We need to give up the traditions of this world and be transformed in christ. the world will hate you if you are with christ because he is good and the world is bad. majority of the world will go to hell. don't let yourselves be one of those people

I don't believe that you went through what we went through at all. There's zero evidence to support your claim. You don't seem to know or understand so much as a fraction of what is common knowledge within an ex christian community like this.

Just because you may have had a phase where you rebelled against christianity and then returned to it open armed, doesn't mean that you have any idea what it's like to leave, and study, and think your way through to immunity from ever returning to such a blatantly false religion ever again. 

The fact that you did return demonstrates that you have no idea what it's like to be like any number of us here. It's false. From Genesis 1 forward the bible is full of false claims, inconsistencies, errors, ill-logic, and biased reasoning.

You're entire worldview is deluded and based on sand foundations. Everything that you think is real is a house of cards that you've built up from those sand foundations. And therefore subject to complete collapse at any moment when you suddenly realize that actual truth of your current situation.

Your current worldview and belief system isn't strong. It's incredibly weak. And you're operating day to day on very thin ice as far as that goes. 

• Like 4

Does Edgar think we should sell all our stuff?

Does Georgia think we should sell all our stuff?

Edgar, is the earth flat? 

(Mods, delete if too far off topic)

10 hours ago, Astreja said:

...He doesn't seem to realize that there are consequences to owning nothing and not working, and that those consequences are generally bad.  Heck, even he can't actually do it - the hypocritical little whiner is using modern-day technology, built by people who would probably laugh in his face if he told them to quit their jobs and give away their stuff.

That being the point of my seemingly inane question regarding something as basic and overlooked as toilet-paper.

@JamesL, I'll give you a hint as to the intent of my question:

Here... 10 minutes of your time (and this thumbnail vid depicts about 2% of the actual process. What you don't see there is the enormous scope of machines and processes that went into creating the huge 6-foot wide roll of paper you see in the first 3 seconds. What you see here is the 'little end' of it all).

Tell me then, which of these workers do you feel should give up their job and live in a tent?

And when they do as you suggest, who will provide you with what you need for this most basic aspect of personal hygiene?  Will God provide?

• Like 3

Would the TP employees want to live in a tent near the factory? 

Instead of a semi-truck bringing paper to the TP plant for processing, perhaps those truck drivers could tow a trailer of paper behind their bicycles. 

I really think logistics would be a bitch though. Bicycling products across the USA would be a nightmare. 

You know if you really "think" about it , everyone relies on everyone else and everything else to get things done.

Whether it's a tent factory, bicycle factory, TP factory, there are numerous people, materials, electricity, equipment, equipment maintenance needed to make anything. 

• Like 2
  • Super Moderator

@alreadyGone, the dude lives in a tent.  He don't need no toilet paper; he just needs to remember "leaves of three, leave it be."

• Haha 5

I expect that if @JamesL could see about 2% of the process to make the synthetic fibers from which the thread and fabric of his tent are made, it would blow his mind.

Assuming that is, he didn't kill some poor animals and remove their hides to make his own tent.

If so, did he use a piece of sharpened flint to skin the animals?

What @JamesL lacks is a greater perspective on the world around him.

James, the human population of planet earth grew almost exponentially in the past 30 years.

Is this because of God's commandment to "go forth, be fruitful and multiply"?

No, it's because we humans engineered the circumstances which led to this new reality.

Any population of animals will inevitably grow to meet the limits of the available food supply.

That's how nature works.  Duckbill platypus, rabbits, birds, fish, orangutans, and yes, even humans.

In modern times we greatly increased the global food supply.

We did so using technology and science.

And the human population grew and increased to meet the new, greater expanded limits of that supply of available food.

And so now there is no going back.

Abandon all that science, technology, and industry, and we all starve, horribly.

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

And so now there is no going back.

Abandon all that science, technology, and industry, and we all starve, horribly.

This guy is too far gone right now to even contemplate the reality of what he's trying to preach. But it's fun to tease out the implications of his sermon.....

• Like 1

This exhibition of scorn and disdain for what (actually) makes the world work is something I've seen wrapped in the attitudes of the most virulent Christian proselytizing more than once.

To my thinking and in my experience it's all too often a core component of how they create the simplistic intellectually-dishonest, conditional circular reasoning on which they depend to help fabricate their apologetic arguments.

To be naive is one thing.... to be willfully ignorant is another.

• Like 3