3 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

Here... 10 minutes of your time (and this thumbnail vid depicts about 2% of the actual process. What you don't see there is the enormous scope of machines and processes that went into creating the huge 6-foot wide roll of paper you see in the first 3 seconds. What you see here is the 'little end' of it all).

That was ten minutes very well spent.  I was particularly delighted by the machine that flipped the TP rolls upright - I would've never even imagined that such a thing was needed, but someone had the ingenuity to invent it.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone struggling to follow JamesL's logic, I have condensed it all into the diagram below.  I added color for the bits that represent his original thoughts and arguments.    

@alreadyGone, the dude lives in a tent.  He don't need no toilet paper; he just needs to remember "leaves of three, leave it be."

Really? The lack of archeological proof is what started my deconversion. You should probably recheck your facts.   This is not true. Very little evidence has been found like @LogicalFallac

Posted Images

Here's a video on tents, a company that makes them, people involved, materials, machines. Seems like a lot of people who have not sold all their stuff are required to make tents for people like JamesL. 

Isnt logic and common sense and applied reasoning devastating to bible bs?

• Like 3
4 hours ago, midniterider said:

Whether it's a tent factory, bicycle factory, TP factory, there are numerous people, materials, electricity, equipment, equipment maintenance needed to make anything. 

Or the factory where they make the bearings in the bicycle, the factories where they make the 20,000 or so chemicals, feedstocks, and lubricants used to make the factory machines run, the factory where they make the electric motors and control components used to make those processes used to make the machines used in those factories... and so on.

And on and on. It would take a book to cover that topic.

Which was my point to @JamesL ...

When you make choices based on assumptions which are based on willful ignorance or naivete (whichever applies), don't expect me to take you seriously.

My point further.... this is more typical than it might seem among Christian apologists (in my experience). In fact, in my opinion at least, it's the norm.

Not to  the extent of professing that everyone should have only a tent and a bible, but of the same mindset and free abandonment to a daily practice of and reliance upon conditional, circular logic. Combined with actively maintaining a state of non-awareness to most of the reality which surrounds them.

That they even have the luxury of being enabled to do so is the real point they miss...  They never have a clue how that is so, nor the awareness to know that only in the past century was it even possible to be at that level of deliberate, practiced naivete and likely survive to see your next birthday. 

So the implications of that lie totally over the other side of their perceptual horizon.

Easy if you blink a couple times and turn on the TV, or sing a hymn.

I doubt most of the really ardent Christian apologists you come across day to day could do it any other way... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

Which was my point to @JamesL ...

When you make choices based on assumptions which are based on willful ignorance or naivete (whichever applies), don't expect me to take you seriously.

Hopefully this pitiful example of circular logic and unsound reasoning may do some lurking readers good.

Willfully ignorant assertions with little to no consideration of how these assertions can and will play out when challenged and questioned. The biggest problem is that these apologist's generally lack the ability to follow their own assertions to logical conclusions. 

Hey folks, here's a great example of what not to do, how not to think, and how not to try and wage a debate with others. 

That's the case with every apologist that I've interacted with or read trying to excuse the contradictions of Genesis 1. By trying to excuse or change the initial fallacies and contradictions, they end up creating more and more of them in the process. Due to a lack of ability to follow out their own assertions to logical conclusions.

Once you gain that ability, well, there's little chance of deluding yourself in the same way. But when you lack the ability to think things out very far, you can delude yourself considerably. 

Josh,

I couldn't agree more.

The emotional aspect of such deeply-held belief engenders a posture of defensive denial in the assumption that because you won't just accept, you must simply be evil at your core, or of course, possessed of the "serpent deceiver".

Which matters?  The truth, or the way we feel about it?.

I don't care anything about proving anyone wrong.

I do care about reality.

@JamesL ,

Have you given up on God's good work?

On 3/24/2021 at 12:45 AM, JamesL said:

I will be the first man to take down the lion's den and prove christianity on this website

• Super Moderator
4 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

Have you given up on God's good work?

Yes, and God is relieved.

• Haha 2

I have faith in  @JamesL ..

He'll be back.

I expect he is putting on the armor of God even as I type this.

And that will make him most formidable, a force to be reckoned with.

Just wait, you'll see.

( rather, a force with which to reckon? )

13 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

Just wait, you'll see.

Well our friend PittsburghJoe received an idea from the Holy Spirit that was guaran-fucking-teed to win us all back to the Lord, so when James predicts he’s going to shut down our evil little operation I’m shaking in my boots for sure. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

He'll be back.

Just wait, you'll see.

I wonder what's involved in making the armor of God? 

12 minutes ago, TABA said:

Well our friend PittsburghJoe received an idea from the Holy Spirit that was guaran-fucking-teed to win us all back to the Lord, so when James predicts he’s going to shut down our evil little operation I’m shaking in my boots for sure. 

Yeah well, all PittsburghJoe had working for him was particle physics.

Physics... pffft.

The Armor of God is energized from the same source as the Ark of the Covenant... you've seen Raiders of the Lost Ark, yeah?

Man, that's a 'whole other level' of bad-ass.

7 minutes ago, midniterider said:

I wonder what's involved in making the armor of God? 

You start with laminated sheets of unobtainium..

• Haha 1
  • Super Moderator
56 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

He'll be back.

Just wait, you'll see.

You misspelled "farce."

• Haha 3
On 4/2/2021 at 11:31 AM, DarkBishop said:

There are several plausible ways to show that Mark does not contradict the other three Gospel writers. Keep in mind that a contradiction is “A and not A in the same relationship at the same time.” So a legitimate contradiction would be if a Gospel writer claimed the rooster crowed and then a writer said a rooster did not crow at the same time in this situation or if they claimed that only one rooster would crow and that more than one would crow—but that is clearly not what the Bible says. All four Gospels attest to a cock crowing at the time of Peter’s third denial. Although Mark specifies that this was the second crow, the other three Gospels do not say the crow at the third denial was the only crow. So our goal is to show these accounts are complementary."

I underlined a blatant lie in the solution. Even in the authors own article he sites luke:

"Luke

Then He said, “I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me.” (Luke 22:34)"

Obviously the other gospels did say there were no other crows before his denial. 

James can you explain why it says the rooster shall not crow until peter denies him 3 times and why Mark says it was twice? The author of the link states that it is because Mark knew more details being peters apprentice. But that is not substantiated. We don't have Mark or Peter here to verify that. And either way. Did the same God not speak to the other authors? 

This isn't a contradiction. This is just an omission. Its like when your at a crime scene and there are several witnesses. Obviously theyre not all going to be the same since they will all have different versions of how the crime occurred or else it wouldnt look good. Same thing with the bible. If you read the article properly then you would know that there isnt a contradiction in the bible. Obviously mark knew more details. Another example I can give you is the thief on the cross asking forgiveness by jesus. In the other gospels the thief joins the other thief in spitting jesus and mocking him but in luke he instead asks forgiveness by jesus. This seems to be a contradiction but it isnt as mike winger explains how it isnt because in luke its been 3 hours since they were crucified and the thief was able to think about and regret his actions. There isnt any contradictions if you really read the bible.

This man refutes all contradictions in the bible. Therefore proving gods word is perfect

3 minutes ago, JamesL said:

This isn't a contradiction. This is just an omission. Its like when your at a crime scene and there are several witnesses. Obviously theyre not all going to be the same since they will all have different versions of how the crime occurred or else it wouldnt look good. Same thing with the bible.

Do you even read what you type?

@JamesL You're back! That's great.

Please be so kind as to tell me where we get light from? 

45 minutes ago, JamesL said:

This man refutes all contradictions in the bible. Therefore proving gods word is perfect

I can refute all contradictions in Star Wars. Therefore Star Wars is true.

• Like 1

A humorous take on bible contradictions and shows some of the problems with this perfect inerrant word of Gawwd.

Quiz Show (Bible Contradictions) - YouTube 

(Why the heck won't my videos embed anymore? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JamesL said:

Its like when your at a crime scene and there are several witnesses. Obviously theyre not all going to be the same since they will all have different versions of how the crime occurred or else it wouldnt look good. Same thing with the bible.

Nothing conspiratorial at all about that.

1 hour ago, JamesL said:

If you read the article properly then you would know that there isnt a contradiction in the bible. 

"Properly", meaning Jesus is above all criticism. 

• Super Moderator

This man refutes all contradictions in the Quran. Therefore proving Allah's word is perfect

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JamesL said:

This isn't a contradiction. This is just an omission. Its like when your at a crime scene and there are several witnesses. Obviously theyre not all going to be the same since they will all have different versions of how the crime occurred or else it wouldnt look good.

So much for the Bible being inspired by a god -- it reads exactly like a myth told by multiple people who were not in communication with one another, with no divine proofreader in sight.

Same thing with the bible. If you read the article properly...

Translation from Jamesish:  "If you read the article in such a way as to agree with me, me, meeee..."

Nope, James, not buying your feeble excuses for your deeply flawed mythological book.  Calling the Bible inerrant just reinforces my impression that you're so badly stuck in your beliefs that you're emotionally and intellectually incapable of seeing an alternate point of view.

• Like 1
On 4/4/2021 at 1:47 PM, WalterP said:

I'm still waiting on you to reply with your thoughts (and not somebody else's) on that biblical contradiction, James.

This is what, the fourth time I asked?

In Eden god cursed all of Adam's descendants to die and return to the the dust.

But Enoch, a descendant of Adam did not die and return to the dust.

This is the bible contradicting itself.

Please let me have your reply to this and not another video, James.

Thank you.

Walter.

Bumped for JamesL's attention!

You posted another video, giving someone else's thoughts on ALL biblical contradictions, James.

But I clearly asked you for your thoughts on only ONE contradiction.

Please do that.

Unless, of course, you are unable to think this ONE thing through for yourself?

Walter