Goodbye Jesus

I Think I'm A Closeted Theist

Freed

Sure does seem like it???

Explain, please

On 3/23/2021 at 3:21 AM, Castiel233 said:

Explain, please

I'm terrified of him the Bible God. I wish I could be an atheist but I can't. What if god is sending us a delusion so that we can believe his lie???

I don't care what all these so called atheists say. They still fear God. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Freed said:

fear of the unknown?

• Super Moderator

Lot of that going on around here lately.

7 hours ago, Freed said:

1- The Christian God, I assume, rather than the Islamic one

2-If you were born in Iran, you would fear Allah

3-Is the Christian God real, prayers do not work, all early characters in the Bible are not mentioned outside of the Bible. despite the very best efforts of Jewish experts ( and they have certainly been searching) there is no evidence of the Mose great walk in the desert.

4-Evidence for Noah's flood is zero

5-God is not the author of confusion,yet He does send delusions, yet another Biblical contradiction. Does God want ALL to be saved, yes says the Bible, no says the Bible. 

6-Christians have had 2000 years to prove their claims, they haven't yet and will not in the future. 

7-A religion that tells you to live in fear, police your thoughts, give away all that you have and requests that you hate yourself and you family and threatens to hurt you AFTER you die if you don't tick all the contradictory boxes is laughable. 

8-100's of billions of people have lived and died without even hearing of Jesus, please do not live in fear of Him. They didn't.  

9-I always have a simple challenge your Christians. Ask God via prayer what book is in front of me and let me know. Not a single one even replies.....because they know perfectly well that prayer doesn't work, despite the Bible promises that it does. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Freed said:

You are projecting your own phobia onto others and insisting it is real. I have no fear of Zeus, Odin, Ra, Allah, Spiderman, Freddy Krueger, or any other imaginary person/being. I know that it can be hard to distinguish between reality and a strongly felt phobia, but there are doctors who can help you if you seek help. We can't cure you, only keep reminding you and showing you evidence. But deeply ingrained fears sometimes take medications and a caring guide to reset. That isn't a slam, it is simply the reality of brain chemistry. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Super Moderator

Just an observation: if you are still actively alcoholic, or still new in recovery (<1yr.), then your perceptions cannot, and should not, be trusted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Freed said:

It may seem that way to you now, at this stage in your deconversion process, but trust me, there are plenty of us here who are happy, thriving and godless.

9 hours ago, Freed said:

I wish I could be an atheist but I can't.

I never thought I could be one either, but knowledge plus the passage of time did the trick.  You may be surprised.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Freed said:

I'm terrified of him the Bible God. I wish I could be an atheist but I can't. What if god is sending us a delusion so that we can believe his lie???

Maybe you are sending yourself a delusion. You dont have to be an atheist or a theist...you can be comfortably agnostic. Labels arent really important, though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2021 at 2:22 AM, Freed said:

On 3/27/2021 at 3:11 AM, v__a__s__t said:

fear of the unknown?

23 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Lot of that going on around here lately.

there is?  i know the feeling.

it took time and thinking and searching  and finding and questioning to overcome it.

On 3/27/2021 at 6:22 AM, Freed said:

EVERYONE is an atheist concerning other gods. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 1:13 AM, Freed said:

i would suggest you go buy a copy of the book, "The Secret", or any similar book maybe and read it, ok?  or just look it up on the internet and read about it maybe.  as with anything, don't believe it all maybe, or any of it, or don't even read it.......  whatever you decide.  but try to think for yourself and question and decide what seems best for you and try to use common sense and try to be careful how you take things and read things, ok?

this i believe is good to know or come to understand if you don't already:  humans are imperfect and they don't know everything.  that means the Bible (which comes down to us from humans, not directly from God as far as i know) and/or the way different groups of people take the Bible to mean whatever they decide it means could be wrong on many points.  there is probably truth in it also i would say.  same might go for any book or ideaology.  books aren't God.

• Like 1

I used to believe that even the strongest atheists fear God and hell, when I was a Christian.  I am now an agnostic atheist and I don't fear the supposed hell and the Christian god.  It is for real believe me.  Dawkins doesn't lose sleep over God and hell.  He might however lose sleep over the effects of the story of hell and God on millions of innocents like you.

• Like 8

If we really feared god, then we would not all be rejecting him and thus subjecting ourselves to eternal punishment. 

The reality is that we do not fear that which we do not believe in. We do not fear bible god any more than we fear the boogeyman. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/27/2021 at 7:06 AM, Fuego said:

You are projecting your own phobia onto others and insisting it is real. I have no fear of Zeus, Odin, Ra, Allah, Spiderman, Freddy Krueger, or any other imaginary person/being. I know that it can be hard to distinguish between reality and a strongly felt phobia, but there are doctors who can help you if you seek help. We can't cure you, only keep reminding you and showing you evidence. But deeply ingrained fears sometimes take medications and a caring guide to reset. That isn't a slam, it is simply the reality of brain chemistry. 

I total share Fuego's experience.  Zero fear of "hell", or any synonyms thereof.

And, it is totally awesome!

• Like 1

Uh, no, probably none of the atheists do. Lest we cease being "atheists." And become "theists." You don't fear things that you don't believe in to begin with.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Super Moderator

@Freed I cannot remember your story, how long have you been questioning the Christian faith?

I swear Christian families/communities instill deeply rooted fear in their children through trauma, either by explicit violence or implied, mythological threats of violence. The kids experience this fear at such a young age they can't rationally process it. Then later, when they grow up, the now-contextually-detached glob of fear is referred to with an air of mystery and awe, and preachers pretend that it is proof of some spiritual insight or knowledge about God. 

Getting over the fear of hell is a different, emotional/psychological process rather than the mental process of realizing that the religious beliefs are all baloney. You need to do a lot of internal work - through therapy, meditation, etc. - to bring to surface this feeling of fear and process it in a conscious, self-aware way. It can be messy and it can take a while, but you can do it and it's totally worth it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LOL, No.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the logic everyone. Trust me. It helps. Again thanks. 💗💗🤗🤗

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 9:24 PM, Freed said:

Thanks for the logic everyone. Trust me. It helps. Again thanks. 💗💗🤗🤗

I suggest you work on developing your own "logic", or more broadly "clear thinking", to apply to your thoughts and muses when they may arise.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm can't claim full fledged atheism but I can say..... no I do not fear God. I know for a fact that all the fear mongering in the Bible is a bunch of lies. Therefore there is nothing to fear. 

Edit: I should add that I do not believe in the God of the Bible. No Bible God = no Bible fear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2021 at 5:03 PM, DarkBishop said:

I'm can't claim full fledged atheism but I can say..... no I do not fear God. I know for a fact that all the fear mongering in the Bible is a bunch of lies. Therefore there is nothing to fear. 

Edit: I should add that I do not believe in the God of the Bible. No Bible God = no Bible fear.

Sorry. I was projecting again.