Goodbye Jesus

Christianity for the Age of Aquarius

Robert_Tulip

On 4/8/2021 at 6:40 AM, Robert_Tulip said:

My view is that the precession hypothesis is entirely holistic.  The whole in question is how the earth physically relates to the cosmos.  The overall order of life on earth sits within the whole of time and space, but the immensity of infinity and eternity can only be properly encountered or imagined through a mediating whole, which for the origins of Christianity is the temporal structure of precession, which encompasses the whole relationship between the earth and the sun. 

There is a further astronomical dimension of this work that I have not mentioned that helps to explore this problem of the whole.  One part of my analysis is how precession relates to the integrated motion of the whole solar system, which has a wave function with period precisely one twelfth of a zodiac age.  NASA calculated this motion, defined as the distance of the sun to the solar system barycentre.  I produced this diagram depicting the NASA data, which integrates the whole of the mass of the solar system over the whole period of six thousand years from 3000 BC to 3000 AD.  

Throb_of_the_Sun_6000_Years.52220938_std

i think i see what you are saying.  that it is a whole system of thought, and holistic within itself?  i don't know alot about it i guess but i wonder if this system takes into consideration things like all the different religions in the world, for instance, interest and beliefs and practices of spirituality in the world and religions, possibilites of truth, ect.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, v__a__s__t said:

i think i see what you are saying.  that it is a whole system of thought, and holistic within itself? 

Your point about being systematic is key.  Systematic logic is based on making assumptions clear.  My assumptions involve high respect for materialist science, seeing all supernatural claims as allegory for natural observation.  Precession provides a heuristic for explaining in systematic terms how our planet relates to our cosmos, at the wholistic level of the entirety of human history.  

10 hours ago, v__a__s__t said:

i don't know alot about it i guess but i wonder if this system takes into consideration things like all the different religions in the world, for instance, interest and beliefs and practices of spirituality in the world and religions, possibilites of truth, ect.

My view is that it is essential to have respect for cultural diversity, recognising that we cannot simply dismiss a tradition that we do not understand.  And even when we think we understand it and dismiss it, there is often value in different religions that is not immediately obvious.   There have to be strong moral grounds for opposing a belief system on principle.  In that context of respect, my view is that there are a number of religious beliefs that are definitely immoral and should be opposed, such as support for cannibalism, slavery or young earth creationism.

I hold to the logical axiom that a statement cannot be true and false.  So when different traditions contradict each other, the reconciliation between their views often has to be at a higher order.  For example different concepts of God can reflect misunderstandings of reality that can be reconciled by seeing the conventional language as symbolic rather than literal. 

Another passing thought today, Robert. 

We're discussing precession mythology and links to ancient Egypt and that goes over anyone's head who hasn't read the mythicist literature on astrothology and precession in addition to Robert Buvual's work specifically on Egypt and compared the two. That flies over heads, granted. 

But something more simplistic is the basic idea that Buddhist missionaries could have influenced the near east and what became known as christianity. With astrotheological allegory and far eastern spiritual concepts fused in. Worked into a judaized presentation. Short video: 

Where this insight fits into the far eastern mystical realization does fit in with Vedic Yuga's. The idea is that ascension to the Satya Yuga involves full knoweldge or understanding of god. People are envisioned as completely understanding this. And the ascending Yuga idea places this "good news" (as described above) at the bottom of the Dwapara Yuga as an insight that then plays out over time, through the ages, in terms of being mass realized and understood to the fullest. It's delivered at a time where it's not understood with the idea that it will make more sense over the acending ages of time. 

What got me thinking about this today was simply looking up and seeing a ONE WAY > road sign. 

Which led to thinking about christian's claiming that there's on ONE WAY to god based on claims in John. But what they completely miss is the possibility that the gospel of John lays out what the ONE WAY to god is - "the realization of divine sonship." The video teases out that possibility. 

Now one goes to the god except through jesus (the realization of divine sonship) which represents the one and only way to the god. And that is simply realizing that the whole thing comes back to you yourself. It's been about you the whole time. Not something far off or out of the universe. 

Through a buddhist reading of the scriptures this is very straight forward. And has it's place within the scheme of the Vedic Yuga's of precession mythology. I wanted to add it here before I wandered off and forgot the train of thought. 

Carry on....

• 4 months later...

Sorry to be so long getting back to this discussion.  I have been working steadily on a paper on the role of zodiac ages in Christian origins.  A one hour talk I gave on July 2 is here, and a paper expanding this talk is here.

The theme is to propose the hypothesis that Christianity originated through study of precession of the equinox.