"Learned Ex-Christian, here.

Hello, serious ex-christian here.  I was raised in a Christian-home by a Malignant-narcissist,  and an enabler turned-sociopath.

I went to Christian schools k-12, and the students were horrible, partly due to the idea of their sins being automatically-forgiven, which gave them a certain, dickbag carte-blanche.

I left Christianity at age 40, partly due to Christians and a majority of biblical-content being clearly anti-Christ; and partly due to my being an INTJ that wanted the truth regarding existence. 

I'd like to offer my services to this community, as an "Answer-Man", (for lack of a better title). I am well-versed in the Bible and the differentiated Christian-mindsets via, sectarianism, and similarities/conflicts arising from Race and region. 

I've done years of study on the early-church and pre-church Christians, and am aquainted with the Biblical-apocrypha, and the Gnostics .

Beyond these basics I am a lifelong-student of Metaphysics, which (simply-put) is the study of the "Big-Picture" that is reality/existence/consciousness.

Metphyicians connect the knowledge-bases of the segregated schools of thought. The sciences and the humanities, enmeshed. And in that web of knowledge is truth.

So, if any of you have any nagging-questions, please feel free to contact me.

-cnf

• Like 3

Hi @cnfrankenstein and welcome to the community!  We are always happy to get new help and I look forward to you contributing to whatever topics come up that you feel inclined to chime in on.  You never know what’s going to come up on any given day!  
Feel free to tell more of your deconversion story, or to start a topic on whatever interests you.

Again: welcome aboard.  Glad to have you! 

Welcome cnf!  :)

I'm sure your knowledge base and erudition will make a big impact here.

There are always members looking for answers, so your services will probably be called upon sooner rather than later.

And if you like a good debate, we have dedicated debating areas too.

Thank you.

Walter.

19 hours ago, cnfrankenstein said:

Hello, serious ex-christian here.  I was raised in a Christian-home by a Malignant-narcissist,  and an enabler turned-sociopath.

I went to Christian schools k-12, and the students were horrible, partly due to the idea of their sins being automatically-forgiven, which gave them a certain, dickbag carte-blanche.

I left Christianity at age 40, partly due to Christians and a majority of biblical-content being clearly anti-Christ; and partly due to my being an INTJ that wanted the truth regarding existence. 

I'd like to offer my services to this community, as an "Answer-Man", (for lack of a better title). I am well-versed in the Bible and the differentiated Christian-mindsets via, sectarianism, and similarities/conflicts arising from Race and region. 

I've done years of study on the early-church and pre-church Christians, and am aquainted with the Biblical-apocrypha, and the Gnostics .

Beyond these basics I am a lifelong-student of Metaphysics, which (simply-put) is the study of the "Big-Picture" that is reality/existence/consciousness.

Metphyicians connect the knowledge-bases of the segregated schools of thought. The sciences and the humanities, enmeshed. And in that web of knowledge is truth.

So, if any of you have any nagging-questions, please feel free to contact me.

-cnf

Odd post, but I'll bite. 

It has the sense of someone stalking our recent and historical conversations here at ex-C and then trying to hit several 'key words' that they think will get them into the inside around there. As in some christian trying to infiltrate the inner circle of our online community. A christian "Donnie Brasco" of sorts. 

So you will be treated with cautious skepticism by me, one of several INTJ's here. In fact there's a lot of INTJ's and INFJ's here because intuitive people seem to find their way of bullshit claims. 

You wanna answer questions, great! I have many questions for you. If you are authentic then I needn't apologist for this abrupt welcome. Because you already understand why I would be so skeptical of this post. Too many coincides during a time when we've had impersonations going on. And at least one admission to one of the impersonations. You understand the analytical necessities if you're authentic. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cnfrankenstein said:

Welcome to the forums.  May I ask how old you are now?   You mentioned that you stopped being a Christian at 40 and I’m curious how long you have been a non believer.  

Hey, a couple INTJ's here. I think I'll post a Myers Briggs thread.

• Super Moderator

We around here tend to value facts and rational thought when dealing with Christians. I'll lobby for some consistency. Astrology/palm reading/phrenology dressed in psychological babble has been debunked for some time now. https://www.vox.com/2014/7/15/5881947/myers-briggs-personality-test-meaningless

Sorry.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, florduh said:

We around here tend to value facts and rational thought when dealing with Christians. I'll lobby for some consistency. Astrology/palm reading/phrenology dressed in psychological babble has been debunked for some time now. https://www.vox.com/2014/7/15/5881947/myers-briggs-personality-test-meaningless

Sorry.

I read that same article an hour ago. lol. 

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, midniterider said:

I read that same article an hour ago. lol. 

I read that one and several others a long time ago. Superstitions die hard! 😆

Welcome to Ex C.

I have two primary nagging questions:

How did life begin and how did the cosmos begin, if indeed it did begin. The second question is admittedly a bit tricker because some of the questions we may ask may not even make sense. 

Apart from that no nagging questions regarding religion. 

• Haha 1

Yes, let's get to the questions. I'm curious how our new INTJ will handle it? I will say that entering an online community like this will necessarily warrant questing who this is and what they know. In comparison to what is already common knowledge and discussed a million times over anyways. 

Will we encounter anything new or previously unknown? 

I guess we'll just have wait and see....

17 hours ago, florduh said:

I read that one and several others a long time ago. Superstitions die hard! 😆

You gotta be careful though, the article is flawed in it's premise. It suggests that the test only give you positive results. And then liken's the test to astrology. Well, the problem is that astrology doesn't only give positive results, of course, and neither does the MB's test either. Here's what it does do. If you answer the questions intellectually honest, it give you a pretty dam close personality type profile. If people don't answer honestly, then of course the results will be skewed. 

Here's what the tests do reveal. INTJ's can be: 

Overly critical. 

Harsh. 

Combative.

None of this is true? The whole thing's wrong? The three of us in question as INTJ's are nothing like this at all, right? 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/my-brothers-keeper/202002/in-defense-the-myers-briggs

There's been no debunking of the MB's as claimed, basically. Read the above article and compare the two in question if you like. The above is from a PhD and the previous debunking claims came from a woman who is, "a pro doodler," and the other, 'writes about science and other stuff." 

😂

Obviously the INTJ's in question fit the bill including many of the negative traits that are associated with the personality type. And which should be relevant in a work place environment. 

"The next time someone tells you that the Myers-Briggs is debunked, ask them for a citation. The truth is that the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is no less valid or reliable than other personality tests. Nonetheless, rumors persist that the test is wholly unreliable and is not based on research."

• Super Moderator
10 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

The next time someone tells you that the Myers-Briggs is debunked, ask them for a citation.

Take the test in June. Take it again in August. You're likely to get different results; I did, and apparently so do most other people who take two or more tests. It looks like cold reading, something I'm familiar with, in that everyone can relate at least somewhat to every statement about personality. 

"So, my personality profile was full of what is known as ‘Barnum statements’. These are sentences which are very carefully worded to sound like very specific descriptions of a person, but which could apply to everyone."

https://teacherluke.co.uk/2012/10/11/117-psychics-cold-reading-barnum-statements/

Hello, cnfrankenstein, welcome from me as well.

Since you say that you have been a life-long student of metaphysics, do you mean that branch of philosophy called metaphysics? Anyway, I'd like to hear your views on St. Thomas Aquinas' Five Ways, or in particular, on the First and Second Ways (argument to first unmoved mover and argument to first uncaused cause), and the so-called Principle of Proportionate Causality which they presuppose.

13 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

"The next time someone tells you that the Myers-Briggs is debunked, ask them for a citation. The truth is that the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is no less valid or reliable than other personality tests. Nonetheless, rumors persist that the test is wholly unreliable and is not based on research."

According to this link, "While the MBTI is used by many organizations to select new personnel and has been taken millions of times, personality psychologists and other scientists report that it has relatively little scientific validity."

• Super Moderator

MBTI is at best pseudo science born in the WWII era of people who were not even psychologists, if that even matters. All pseudo science is to at least some degree harmful and certainly misleading. Sorry, I can't ignore the evidence. But what would you expect from a Cancerian?

6 hours ago, florduh said:

MBTI is at best pseudo science born in the WWII era of people who were not even psychologists, if that even matters. All pseudo science is to at least some degree harmful and certainly misleading. Sorry, I can't ignore the evidence. But what would you expect from a Cancerian?

I always get the same thing on the tests. I've done about 3 of those tests because my wife is into it big time. I'm always INTJ. I've been introverted all my life. Hate crowds, absolutely despise them and go out of my way to avoid them.

I don't know what it is, but it could be that coincidentally the tests apply to me extremely well. Since they're true in my case, and with my wife, we've been able to use personality tests as a good indicator for understanding one another better. 

• Super Moderator
26 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

I always get the same thing on the tests. I've done about 3 of those tests because my wife is into it big time. I'm always INTJ. I've been introverted all my life. Hate crowds, absolutely despite it and go out of my way to avoid them. I don't what it is, but it could be that coincidentally the tests apply to me extremely well. Since they're true in my case, and with my wife, we've been able to use personality tests as a good indicator for understanding one another better. 

All I can say is the astrological sign of Cancer describes me rather well. I don't think that makes astrology a valid science; I can also make other sun signs fit as well. If you take such pronouncements seriously, be on guard to not make it a self fulfilling prophecy.