Goodbye Jesus

Getting Back Into Wicca/Witchcraft

Freed

I really miss it! 🥰😇

Any particular interests? I like paganism and sigil magic in particular.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, midniterider said:

Any particular interests? I like paganism and sigil magic in particular.

It's embarrassing to go into here. Can I P.M. you?

36 minutes ago, Freed said:

Sure

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Freed said:

You can also go to the Ex Christian Spirituality section which is specifically for discussing this sort of stuff. Unless specifically asked the hard nosed atheists generally stay out of it. 

Not thinking of any hard nosed atheist in particular... :scratch:

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Freed said:

We all sincerely believed that a zombie was going to save us from the consequences of a rib-woman eating magical fruit at the behest of a talking snake.  What could possibly be more embarrassing?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

No need to feel embarrassed. Seriously. You shouldnpost this in the exchristian spirituality section. I've been personally contemplating building an altar myself. Not so much because I believe in witchcraft (although I did dable in it as a teenager.) But because the wiccan beliefs more align with my personal non-theist/pantheist mindset. I feel like I could connect better to the universe through rituals that connect to nature like the ones in wicca. I've really been giving it a lot of thought lately. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

What could possibly be more embarrassing?

My life. I'm an embarrassment. Honestly. 🤐🥴

4 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You can also go to the Ex Christian Spirituality section which is specifically for discussing this sort of stuff. Unless specifically asked the hard nosed atheists generally stay out of it. 

Not thinking of any hard nosed atheist in particular... :scratch:

Okay. I will try to go there again. Thanks.

52 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

No need to feel embarrassed. Seriously. You shouldnpost this in the exchristian spirituality section. I've been personally contemplating building an altar myself. Not so much because I believe in witchcraft (although I did dable in it as a teenager.) But because the wiccan beliefs more align with my personal non-theist/pantheist mindset. I feel like I could connect better to the universe through rituals that connect to nature like the ones in wicca. I've really been giving it a lot of thought lately. 

🤗😋

4 hours ago, midniterider said:

Sure

I'll just tell ya here and now. I miss the spell casting, my astro-traveling, my animal guide, (Who was a male cheetah with three eyes. His third eye had a reverse pupil and was the color of every chakra.) He roared louder than any lion. But I still understand what he said to me. Like it was telepathically translated.  My dreams and prayers being answered and coming true. One of my biggest heroes was a Witch Warrior Queen Bodicca. Men and women treated as 100% equals. Daughters and sons being equally valued. The creator INFINITE, who has no favorites. No fear of being tormented for eternity. Reincarnation. Coming back in multiple life times to get things right and accomplish literally everything we need to in our many lives. 🥰🥰 "Gimme that old time religion."😇😇

Oops. Can this tread please be moved to the appropriate place? Sorry I don't know how to do that. 

2 minutes ago, Freed said:

I'll just tell ya here and now. I miss the spell casting, my astro-traveling, my animal guide, (Who was a male cheetah with three eyes. His third eye had a reverse pupil and was the color of every chakra.) He roared louder than any lion. But I still understand what he said to me. Like it was telepathically translated.  My dreams and prayers being answered and coming true. One of my biggest heroes was a Witch Warrior Queen Bodicca. Men and women treated as 100% equals. Daughters and sons being equally valued. The creator INFINITE, who has no favorites. No fear of being tormented for eternity. Reincarnation. Coming back in multiple life times to get things right and accomplish literally everything we need to in our many lives. 🥰🥰 "Gimme that old time religion."😇😇

Hey! That sounds a whole hell of a lot better than the burning in a fire pit for all eternity because you were born religion  LoL!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DarkBishop said:

Hey! That sounds a whole hell of a lot better than the burning in a fire pit for all eternity because you were born religion  LoL!! 

💝💝🥳🥳

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Freed said:

The animal guide sounds good. Or some kind of spirit guide. I'm onboard with spiritual beings who may or may not be deities and who are more like friends than a grumpy old man on a throne. 

I hope you get back into it and have a good time with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Freed said:

Oops. Can this tread please be moved to the appropriate place? Sorry I don't know how to do that. 

Done - it's now in Ex-Christian Spirituality. Discuss away.

• Thanks 3

• Super Moderator
7 hours ago, Freed said:

That doesn't sound embarrassing at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
7 hours ago, Freed said:

My life. I'm an embarrassment. Honestly. 🤐🥴

Quit with the self-pity bullshit, though.  Seriously. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Freed said:

💝💝🥳🥳

So question:

When you practiced before were you in a coven or were you more an eclectic solo witch? Just curious. When I was trying to practice it wasn't easy finding a coven in my area. So I basically just read books and did my own thing.

At this point after becoming Christian for a huge chunk of life and deconverting a coven sounds to "organized" for me. And I like just doing my own thing anyway. This debate between Edgarcito and Joshpantera on spirituality has really been beneficial for me. Josh's explanations of universal interconnectedness between all things is starting to resonate with me. It makes sense to me that the old religions that worshipped nature were more in tune with whatever "force" that the universe has through that connection. But like all other religions they made their own stories up and created their own gods. 

I have built an altar inspired by daoist teaching. 5 elenents - fire earth metal ( a stone really) wood water and a chinese character for Dao. Also near is carlo rovelli 7 brief lessons on physics and the Daodejing translated into Romanian with chinese script. Idk if its doing something as in spiritually, but I'm really enjoying it. It just helps ne ground myself. It is a very small improvised thing but I am surprised I like it. Funny thing is I get annoyed when my mother moves it or smth. I get all BEWARE OF THE HOLY THINGS DISBELIEVER! :))

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

People like ritual. They like to believe in magic. If it's harmless and makes you feel happy, fulfilled and more connected to life then go for it. I've known many Pagans and they seem happy, gentle and only rarely serious about their "gods" and the efficacy of "magic." Sometimes I sport a pentagram because it attracts good people and repels the rest. I know another atheist who regularly holds imaginary council with dead philosophers, statesmen and business moguls as a thought experiment and way to facilitate clear thinking and inspiration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, florduh said:

They like to believe in magic. If it's harmless and makes you feel happy, 

:D

:yellow:

On 5/12/2021 at 2:58 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Quit with the self-pity bullshit, though.  Seriously. 

Another idiot who thinks they actually know me. Why do all you idiots not understand me? How am I that hard to understand? Dumb ass. Now I remember why I don't like atheists. You are so annoying. You think you're so mature and intelligent. Instead you're stupid. As for monthly donations. I'm not donating. You idiots complain about churches receiving tithes then you turn around and beg for donations. Figures. Fuck you.  

The only atheist I respect is Richard Dawkins. He'll debate face to face. Plus he's no limp dick either. He debates Muslims in their own countries where it's the dominate religion there. 

• Super Moderator
33 minutes ago, Freed said:

Another idiot who thinks they actually know me. Why do all you idiots not understand me? How am I that hard to understand? Dumb ass. Now I remember why I don't like atheists. You are so annoying. You think you're so mature and intelligent. Instead you're stupid.

I'm not an atheist. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.