Goodbye Jesus

Kingdom of Heaven

Krowb

Received a message today from a guy who used to work with me requesting our families catch up.  Last time we spoke one of his kids was in "full rebellion" and another was about to be kicked out of the church (and house) because of their rebellious lifestyle.  Here's a guy who wants to be a pastor, but his particular denomination won't let him because he can't even control his own family. Switching denominations is out of the question because these folks got a lock on Truth.  I feel bad for him; he's in a career he doesn't actually like because his desired profession won't let preach due to his family issues.  The two rebellious ones aren't even his biological children.

When catching up with him briefly I asked if his son had cooled his jets a bit and settled down.  Nope, Church kicked the kid out for lack of repentance, and just like the oldest sibling, also required the guy kick his teenage son out of the house as well.  He and his wife are hopeful their son is not "far from the kingdom of heaven" and will repent soon, unlike the eldest child with whom they little communication.  

Even in the church I would've thought these folks are nuts, but this is one of the mainstream denoms they're in - just on the more devout side since he wants to preach.

• Like 1