Goodbye Jesus

Would You Die For Atheism

Freed

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, Myrkhoos said:

Again, have a nice day. Think what you will of my not responding anymore to this discussion. :)

You as well.  And thank you for the discussion. 

11 hours ago, Myrkhoos said:

As an emergent property of atom interactions, yes :) Altough, I do hear even hydrogen atoms cry when they separate from oxygen in water experiments. They were so happy together

Emergent property , human being. Tomato , tomawto. :) I think it's kind of fun to discuss whether or not atoms make up a 'person' and whether or not a person is important if they are merely atoms. 

How does the emergent property suffer? Do some neurons fire a little less often? What is suffering?

I'm kind of in the Zen camp but also think we might have a soul. So pretty agnostic here. 

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You as well.  And thank you for the discussion. 

You are a good man. I appreciate that.

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, Myrkhoos said:

You are a good man. I appreciate that.

I have always appreciated the integrity with which you stand behind your opinions and ideas, even when they are not popular.

Christians don't die for Christ, really, they die because some religious freak or irreligious freak imposes their intolerant ideology upon them. Peter denied Christ three times to avoid that sort of thing from happening. Personally, I might or might not do the same, hypothetically speaking. It would depend on the situation. To die for what you believe or don't believe in is usually only the first step towards defending the world against xenophobic tyranny, but then again the world is always striving for the destruction of life based upon exactly that tyranny.