Goodbye Jesus

Semmelweis Reflex

SemmelweisReflex

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Myrkhoos said:

Excuse me, but my point was not failible systems per say, but corruption.

In any pandemic, the greatest threat is not whatever disease is floating around.  It is the combination of human ignorance with human arrogance.  Semi-Wise perfectly encapsulates both: he doesn't even understand the difference between "who's" and "whose", yet considers himself the only reliable expert on every subject from biblical interpretation to mammalian immunology.  Everybody wants to say, "oh, if science is so great, if doctors know so much, why don't we have a cure for cancer?  Why don't we have a cure for AIDS?"  Well, maybe we'd have a cure for those things if doctors didn't have to stop working every five minutes to explain to some dumbass  soccer mom why treating little Timmy's hemophilia with lavender oil is just a really really bad idea.  Maybe scientists could get more done if we weren't spending half out time running around Wal-Mart yelling at white trash motherkatapolers to put their god damn masks on.  I mean, jesus christ, we already let you come into the store wearing your pajamas; the least you could do is cover up that crookedy-ass nose and your 3 teeth.

As @DarkBishop has already pointed out, we are only experts in our own professions.  I'm not going to take marriage counseling from a guy who lives in his mom's basement with an inflatable doll named Ginger.  I'm also not going to stand in front of a judge without legal representation.  Is the fact that said lawyer charges $250/hour on top of a $3,000 retainer going to stop me from trusting her advice?  Fuck no.  Is the fact that she got a murder charge reduced to involuntary manslaughter going to make me think twice?  Think again.

Certain things are generally important to most human beings.  As a result, other human beings have figured out how to exploit and capitalize.  Religion exists because easy "answers" are generally important to people.  Joel Osteen exists to exploit that.  The legal system exists because not going to jail is generally important to people.  Defense attorneys capitalize on it.  Long life is generally important to people.  Big Pharma takes advantage of that.  It sucks; but it is the way things are.

Do I blindly believe my politicians?  Hell no.  Do I accept everything my doctor tells me?  Hell no.  Am I generally inclined to give their opinion more weight than a plumber moonlighting as a brain surgeon?  Yeah, probably should.  Don't mistake respect for one's educated opinion as blind faith in one's expertise.  Especially if you're not, yourself, educated in that field or employed in that profession.

18 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Meh, questionable sources are all conspiracy fucknuts have.  Now when they try to put the weight of a legitimate source, such as the CDC or WHO, behind their conspiratorial fucknuttery, then I'll take issue.

Yes and of course those "self-educated" conspiracy nuts are not going to cite legitimate sources because only evil, formally educated, demon scientists are behind such sources.  I mean . . .look at what happened when we came out with all those OTHER vaccines for tetanus, smallpox, rabies, polio, etc., etc.  it was all a hoax!  None of those diseases even existed.  Everybody who knows the Truth knows that those vaccines were just a ploy.  We were injected with microchips that forced us to become internet and television addicts. 

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
33 minutes ago, freshstart said:

Yes and of course those "self-educated" conspiracy nuts are not going to cite legitimate sources because only evil, formally educated, demon scientists are behind such sources.  I mean . . .look at what happened when we came out with all those OTHER vaccines for tetanus, smallpox, rabies, polio, etc., etc.  it was all a hoax!  None of those diseases even existed.  Everybody who knows the Truth knows that those vaccines were just a ploy.  We were injected with microchips that forced us to become internet and television addicts. 

As far as vaccines, some people have a natural immunity to thinking. Within the past couple of months I have witnessed arguments proposing that polio just ran its course and vaccines had nothing to do with its eradication AND there were discussions on whether germ theory has been proven! Then there is Flat Earth and Creationism still trying to drag us back through the centuries. Frankly I'm amazed the human race has endured this long.

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

In brief, let me state what I see my disagreement with you, then I will go into detail.

We both agree that there probably aren't any infailible sources.

We agree that some sources are more credible than others.

We agree that study plus experience makes a source more credible.

We both agree that we rely heavily on others, especially experts for information.

To regive an example, we both agree that NASA is a lot more trust worthy than the Flat earth society.

Ok. So. What I disagree, I think , is the level of trust big org like WHO, CDC, CIA, FDA, IMF,EU ,  BIG Pharma etc warrant.

My contention is that, beyond simple human error, these large org have large incentives to protect others interests than well being of society. This makes me highly skeptical of their actions. Case in point - WHO early mask mandate, and now ivermectin and lab leak treatment. These incentives do not mean the science is wrong, but that the science will not be presented fully.

On to a detailed response.

In any pandemic, the greatest threat is not whatever disease is floating around. 

Yeah, I get your point as a metaphorical and retorical device,  but I do think literally  in a PANDEMIC the threat IS the disease. That is why it is a pandemic. The virus harms and kills people, not stupidity, in this case.

It is the combination of human ignorance with human arrogance.  Semi-Wise perfectly encapsulates both: he doesn't even understand the difference between "who's" and "whose", yet considers himself the only reliable expert on every subject from biblical interpretation to mammalian immunology. 

Semi does not seem trustworthy in hus statements. Agreed as well.

Everybody wants to say, "oh, if science is so great, if doctors know so much, why don't we have a cure for cancer?  Why don't we have a cure for AIDS?"  Well, maybe we'd have a cure for those things if doctors didn't have to stop working every five minutes to explain to some dumbass  soccer mom why treating little Timmy's hemophilia with lavender oil is just a really really bad idea.  Maybe scientists could get more done if we weren't spending half out time running around Wal-Mart yelling at white trash motherkatapolers to put their god damn masks on.  I mean, jesus christ, we already let you come into the store wearing your pajamas; the least you could do is cover up that crookedy-ass nose and your 3 teeth.

Kind of smug elitism,isn't it though? It is the dr's  job to explain that to patients. Medicine is a human to human enterprise. If you hate explaining basic things to ignorant people go into research. And no scientist does half time wal mart guard duty. Plus enforcing laws is not a drs job, but public safety employees, be it private security or police.

And there is no "cure" , well, maybe bk there is more money in treatment, research and chronic ilness than a cure. :) Again the problematic incentives. Just sayin'

As @DarkBishop has already pointed out, we are only experts in our own professions.  I'm not going to take marriage counseling from a guy who lives in his mom's basement with an inflatable doll named Ginger.

Kind of extreme example though. Would you take advice from an old happily married man over a 30 year old trained therapist ? Who is the expert there and in what way?

I'm also not going to stand in front of a judge without legal representation.  Is the fact that said lawyer charges $250/hour on top of a $3,000 retainer going to stop me from trusting her advice?  Fuck no.  Is the fact that she got a murder charge reduced to involuntary manslaughter going to make me think twice?  Think again.

Certain things are generally important to most human beings.  As a result, other human beings have figured out how to exploit and capitalize.  Religion exists because easy "answers" are generally important to people.  Joel Osteen exists to exploit that.  The legal system exists because not going to jail is generally important to people.  Defense attorneys capitalize on it.  Long life is generally important to people.  Big Pharma takes advantage of that.  It sucks; but it is the way things are.

Defense attorneys like drs ( like religions )  capitalize often capitalize on your suffering not your happiness. Big pharma is happy if you live a long, sick life. Def lawyers if you get in legal trouble often. Police get promotions if they get arrests. Again bad incentives that can make the experts use their expertise not to help you, but exploit you. 

Do I blindly believe my politicians?  Hell no.  Do I accept everything my doctor tells me?  Hell no.  Am I generally inclined to give their opinion more weight than a plumber moonlighting as a brain surgeon?  Yeah, probably should.  Don't mistake respect for one's educated opinion as blind faith in one's expertise.  Especially if you're not, yourself, educated in that field or employed in that profession.

I agree, altough with the caveat, and I think this might sound a little bit woo woo, I think trusting your gut feelings, intuition can work. I can attest to that. Not basing all on that, but taking that into consideration.

Conclusion. I think I might have, with justification, less faith in expert authority than you, due mainly to the corruption in human nature and nefarious incentives, not bk I think their expertise is wrong, per say. Plus my own experiences. 

I also think we agree that, at least, listening to several experts on the matter helps, especially those with opinions, even if they hold a minority view in their field. I recently saved a tooth from extraction and just remedied it with a little filling by going to another dentist for a second opinion.

2 hours ago, freshstart said:

Hospital patients are simply actors. 

1 hour ago, florduh said:

As far as vaccines, some people have a natural immunity to thinking. Within the past couple of months I have witnessed arguments proposing that polio just ran its course and vaccines had nothing to do with its eradication AND there were discussions on whether germ theory has been proven! Then there is Flat Earth and Creationism still trying to drag us back through the centuries. Frankly I'm amazed the human race has endured this long.

Fauci was a respected doctor for 50 years...then he had the duty of telling people they should do something to increase their safety...wear a mask. Suddenly he's part of the evil Deep State. 

And all medical personnel and hospitals we trusted for decades were now supposedly calling every hospital visit a covid case to collect that government assistance money. 

One day they are respected people and institutions... the next day EVIL. 

• Super Moderator

Since we are largely in agreement, I will only add a few further remarks here.

36 minutes ago, Myrkhoos said:

Yeah, I get your point as a metaphorical and retorical device,  but I do think literally  in a PANDEMIC the threat IS the disease. That is why it is a pandemic. The virus harms and kills people, not stupidity, in this case.

Okay, I'm not going to argue semantics with you.  Yes, the literal cause of death is covid.  If you do not believe ignorance and arrogance were major contributors to the intensity of the literal cause of death, I'll say no more to convince you.

40 minutes ago, Myrkhoos said:

Kind of smug elitism,isn't it though?

It is not elitism to point out that people with little to no proper understanding of basic oral hygiene should not be in a position to determine, even for themselves, what does or does not constitute proper PPE during a pandemic.  Hell, it's not even smug.  It's just brutal honesty.

43 minutes ago, Myrkhoos said:

If you hate explaining basic things to ignorant people go into research. And no scientist does half time wal mart guard duty. Plus enforcing laws is not a drs job, but public safety employees, be it private security or police.

Yes.  Both of these examples were intended more to spotlight the collective ignorance of humanity than to reflect any real life scenarios. 

45 minutes ago, Myrkhoos said:

And there is no "cure" , well, maybe bk there is more money in treatment, research and chronic ilness than a cure.

On this, we agree.  On need only visit Warm Spings, Georgia to see the truth of this in real life.  Warm Springs was once home to the world's foremost leading center for the treatment of polio.  President Roosevelt (Frank, not Teddy) has a home there.  World-renowned researchers and scientists jockeyed for positions.  It is now practically a ghost town, barely kept alive by revenue from tourism. 

This raises the question: is a cure really a good thing?  I spent 4 years working with Provenge, the first parient-specific prostate cancer immunotherapy approved by the FDA.  For me, it was just amazing science; but not a cure.  When I think of my uncle, who died of prostate cancer, I think a cure would have been a good thing.  It would have saved my family a lot of heartache and disruption.  On the other hand, when I think of so many of my friends and former colleagues losing their jobs, along with their health insurance, tenure, and security, I'm not so sure about it.  Cure cancer and the patient will still die from something else.  It's not just about the money the CEOs and shareholders earn; it's also how Ms. Kristen could afford ballet lessons for her daughter.  Just something to consider.  

57 minutes ago, Myrkhoos said:

Kind of extreme example though. Would you take advice from an old happily married man over a 30 year old trained therapist ? Who is the expert there and in what way?

Again, something we agree on and a point i would have brought up in my earlier post, had time permitted.  In this particular case, I'd happily listen to what both of these fellows had to say.  The idea of qualifications is not an exact science. 

As an example, there are certain tests and assays that I have been running in labs for more than 10 years.  I know these assays inside and out.  I can program, calibrate, and troubleshoot the instruments on which they are run.  I've even written several protocols for running them; and trained a few dozen other people on running them. In every conceivable regard, I am a fully qualified "expert."  But, I can't run these assays in a hospital simply because I don't have a certificate that says, "MLT."  

So, what does it mean to be "qualified"?  Is Fauci the most qualified person for his position in this pandemic?  Are there others who might have been more qualified, or done a better job?  The facts are: Fauci is the person in his position and we'll never know if somebody else would have done better.  Sometimes we just have to work with what we have.  

Again bad incentives that can make the experts use their expertise not to help you, but exploit you. 

Again, I agree.  There is going to be corruption and exploitation in any large organization.  But I don't see extending that out into mistrust, necessarily.  Sure, one should always question the other's motivation, whether the other is a traveling vacuum salesman or a high ranking official in a secret society bent on covertly manipulating the price of lollipops.  What incentive does the WHO have to pretend the pandemic is worse than it really is?  Why would they be motivated to recommend a mask if they didn't know, based on a profound understanding of immunology, epidemiology, and historical data, that it was the safest course of action.  Now, if you have evidence that Dr. Fauci gets a nickel every time somebody wears a mask, I'd be happy to change my stance.  But I think there is a difference between taking things with a grain of salt versus taking things with a gram of cynicism. 

I agree, altough with the caveat, and I think this might sound a little bit woo woo, I think trusting your gut feelings, intuition can work. I can attest to that. Not basing all on that, but taking that into consideration.

There is some science to that.

I also think we agree that, at least, listening to several experts on the matter helps, especially those with opinions, even if they hold a minority view in their field. I recently saved a tooth from extraction and just remedied it with a little filling by going to another dentist for a second opinion.

This, I think, is the real take-away message, for both of us.

5 hours ago, florduh said:

As far as vaccines, some people have a natural immunity to thinking. Within the past couple of months I have witnessed arguments proposing that polio just ran its course and vaccines had nothing to do with its eradication AND there were discussions on whether germ theory has been proven!

I would love to drag some of those people to countries that have not had the benefit of vaccination.  Let's take them to oh, say anywhere in Africa, for example, where children are dying from diseases often largely preventable through vaccination.  How privileged we are to be able to refuse vaccines that others would give their right arm for. 

One of my best friends is a medical researcher (dare I say scientist?) at Harvard. She has kids, elderly parents, and many family and friends that she loves dearly.  Would she be callous enough to ignore - let alone participate -  in these conspiracies against mankind?  And would she be naive or stupid enough to be duped into participating unwillingly?  From what I understand, she tells me there is great competition (actually pretty cutthroat) among researchers to be the first to discover a breakthrough for anything related to "curing" and to be the first to publish. Are there politics in science?  Of course.  But the sinister cooperation and coercion, apathy towards suffering, and utmost secrecy that would be needed by thousands of people at all levels in order to pull off these so-called conspiracies is just not realistic.

https://www.voanews.com/east-asia/child-meningitis-remains-challenge-sub-saharan-africa-india

https://www.medscape.com/answers/232915-10753/why-is-the-incidence-of-meningitis-higher-in-developing-countries-than-in-the-us

3 hours ago, midniterider said:

Hospital patients are simply actors. 

😂  I wish!

On 6/28/2021 at 1:37 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Meh, questionable sources are all conspiracy fucknuts have.  Now when they try to put the weight of a legitimate source, such as the CDC or WHO, behind their conspiratorial fucknuttery, then I'll take issue.

A very compelling argument, it seems, until you do some research. The problem is that people who think the CDC or WHO are reliable are in for a surprise that they might not be willing to accept. Especially if the fact checkers haven't had time to sweep it under the rug. But, alas, there are still those of us who can think for ourselves. 

For example, I say the WHO says that vaccines were insignificant in the eradication of disease. Well, they pull that citation from their website. The CDC says that 12 - 17 year old children shouldn't have a Corona virus "vaccine" (experimental gene therapy). They pulled it from their website. Like the WHO did with DDT. Let me show you. 

Reuters says that it's a false claim. The WHO didn't promote DDT. Okay. Look it up on a search engine and that's the first result. Down further you see the result WHO | WHO gives indoor use of DDT a clean bill of health ... and you get this URL. That, of course, takes you to the WHO page for articles that conveniently disappear. The decommissioning page. 

What's an educated moron to do?! Look it up on the Wayback Machine. Here it is.

That's why I like to leave it to the educated moron to get off his lazy stupid ass and do the work himself. Faith.   

On 6/28/2021 at 1:31 PM, DarkBishop said:

Vaccines are how you want to make yourself a martyr? Really? That's pathetic. You know @TheRedneckProfessor isn't gonna let this fly.

You still think that that is my objective and my concern? Do we need to take you back to Phase 1?! Pull yourself together, man! And drop the dark goth pretense. God created darkness and light!

On 6/28/2021 at 12:38 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I'm also out of your league.  Sorry.

No. Judy Mikovits is out  of my league. You aren't even a mildly interesting contender. 

• Super Moderator

sure-bro-whatever-you-say.jpg

On 6/28/2021 at 12:38 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

True, but when you attempt to insult someone else's grammar using atrocious grammar of your own, you just come off looking like a fucknut.  Of course, you don't need an educated ruffian, such as myself, to tell you that, do you, fucknut?

No, what I need to do is hold your hand while I show you how grammar, an elite tool of racism, is an arbitrary set of rules fabricated by the aforementioned morons such as yourself. But I have to choose my battles more carefully. I'll show you a cartoon that explains it so you can understand. 

While you are busy missing the point while managing to look smug and pedantic. 

• Super Moderator

Here's me unsuccessfully attempting to muster up a fuck to give:

20210628_203820.jpg

• Haha 1

redneck.jpg

On 6/28/2021 at 12:37 PM, DarkBishop said:

Yeah, I think we all can see that you don't think education is important. 

Education is extremely important. Which is why it should be a personal responsibility, like spirituality. The power and prestige of arrogant, ignorant corporate state sponsored propagandists is removed by educating oneself. That means being skeptical of the nonsense they propagate. 

Like vaccines. Swine flu of 1976. Sars Covid 19. Surgical, cloth, or N95 Masks preventing the spread of disease. 

On 6/28/2021 at 1:54 PM, midniterider said:

Waits for Semmel to say something worthwhile.

No, you are waiting for me to say something worthwhile to you. You have self imposed blinders on. 

10 minutes ago, SemmelweisReflex said:

Education is extremely important. Which is why it should be a personal responsibility, like spirituality. The power and prestige of arrogant, ignorant corporate state sponsored propagandists is removed by educating oneself. That means being skeptical of the nonsense they propagate. 

Like vaccines. Swine flu of 1976. Sars Covid 19. Surgical, cloth, or N95 Masks preventing the spread of disease. 

Oh my my my. If you don't help deconvert someone I don't know who will. YOUR GREAT SF. Just keep talking. Your an inspiration for all. Lmao 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Super Moderator
43 minutes ago, SemmelweisReflex said:

It's rather obvious that by "education" he doesn't mean years of medical school and residency, years of crunching numbers on epidemics, years of endless hands on experiments, years spent in a lab developing cures for deadly diseases, equipping a team to stop a cholera outbreak on the other side of the world, or any effort spent on learning anything useful. 

What he and the rest of the Brothers of Contrarianism mean by "education" is studying the musings of outliers like it's the gospel, watching YouTube offerings cobbled together in some disappointed mother's basement and defining actual education as nothing more than propaganda and conspiracy.

Say hello to the boys at Q.

On 6/29/2021 at 2:37 PM, freshstart said:

I would love to drag some of those people to countries that have not had the benefit of vaccination.  Let's take them to oh, say anywhere in Africa, for example, where children are dying from diseases often largely preventable through vaccination.  How privileged we are to be able to refuse vaccines that others would give their right arm for. 

One of my best friends is a medical researcher (dare I say scientist?) at Harvard. She has kids, elderly parents, and many family and friends that she loves dearly.  Would she be callous enough to ignore - let alone participate -  in these conspiracies against mankind?  And would she be naive or stupid enough to be duped into participating unwillingly?  From what I understand, she tells me there is great competition (actually pretty cutthroat) among researchers to be the first to discover a breakthrough for anything related to "curing" and to be the first to publish. Are there politics in science?  Of course.  But the sinister cooperation and coercion, apathy towards suffering, and utmost secrecy that would be needed by thousands of people at all levels in order to pull off these so-called conspiracies is just not realistic.

https://www.voanews.com/east-asia/child-meningitis-remains-challenge-sub-saharan-africa-india

https://www.medscape.com/answers/232915-10753/why-is-the-incidence-of-meningitis-higher-in-developing-countries-than-in-the-us

Until the so called pandemic I had no interest in this type of discussion. I got my flu shots, my tetanus shots, my pneumonia shots and though it seemed to me the pharmaceutical corporations obviously had too much power, especially through their generous donations to Washington, I didn't question vaccines or the healthcare industry. In a little over a year, though, I've learned a great deal. I've read books, articles and watched videos. 

What I'm saying isn't ever intended to be presented as unquestionable fact, even though in the heat of debate it sounds like it. It is intended to be presented as information I've personally found and given with the challenge to show me I'm wrong. That challenge is only ever answered with ideological impediment. 

I'm not against science and technology any more than I am religion. What I'm against is the transmogrification of science and religion for ideological, financial or political gains. That is where the money is and that is why everything is fucked up.  

Vaccines didn't eradicate disease. Plumbing, sanitation, nutrition, refrigeration, safe drinking water eradicated disease. Now, in developing countries like Africa have, on top of those challenges, vaccines being used to cripple and kill their population so people like Bill Gates, who has made billions from doing just that in places like that, can swoop in and get the resources. 

Which is why several small, poor, African nations are suing those people. And why places like India are kicking those people out . . . then comes the plandemic. 

If you look at what was killing people in the 1800's when vaccinations were beginning to be implemented heavily, you see many of those diseases were never vaccinated. The measles vaccination in 1963, for example. Hepatitis b. Why are we giving hepatitis b vaccines at birth? A disease that is contracted through sex with promiscuous homosexuals, prostitutes and intravenous drug users? Because they made the vaccines but those people weren't buying them. They needed a return on their investment. 

How many industries in the US have come to Washington saying that they have done so much damage that they were being sued into bankruptcy and so get blanket protection from liability, have their own court and have all been found guilty by the DOJ to have distribute products that they knew would seriously injure and kill people? That alone isn't cause for concern when mandated for children to be "educated?"

Taxpayers fund the research and development of vaccines which are patented by the CDC etc. then manufacturers turn around and sell those untested, unsafe vaccines to the public at exorbitant prices, which seriously injure and kill thousands. If you vaccinate billions they kill millions.  All they have to do is put the known side effects on the insert. Okay, so what are the side effects? The diseases that are slowly killing us all over time and which those same pharmaceutical manufacturers are selling us drugs for, also at exorbitant prices. 

And millions of ignorant bobble heads laugh at "conspiracy theorists" and "anti-vaxxers" who are almost exclusively parents of murdered or seriously injured children. 

People arguing about that for over 100 years. 

1 hour ago, DarkBishop said:

Oh my my my. If you don't help deconvert someone I don't know who will. YOUR GREAT SF. Just keep talking. Your an inspiration for all. Lmao 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Idiot. I would love to "deconvert" people! More than your stupid ass. Like I said before, people don't "deconvert" people. People deconvert themselves. And no one is reading this shit besides us idiots who are writing it.  

• Super Moderator

Semi, if you have any evidence to support your wild accusations, now is the time to present it. If not, please delete your false information. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

206275881_4972534412834222_1927858960072095859_n.jpg

1 hour ago, florduh said:

Semi, if you have any evidence to support your wild accusations, now is the time to present it. If not, please delete your false information. Thank you.

He would support his accusations if the Deep State operatives hadn't erased his hard drive this morning.