Goodbye Jesus

Memories

SemmelweisReflex

I've been thinking about youse guys. Thinking about what your lives must have been like before we met. 

Thinking about our relationship as it is when I left.

But actually, you've inspired me. You . . . are my muses. 

logo6.png 

https://semmelweisreflex.com

• Super Moderator

Hey, welcome back, buddy.  Some of the guys were asking about you the other day.  @DarkBishop, in particular, was missing you, I think.  Glad you decided to rejoin our noble ranks.

Well @TheRedneckProfessor, I was thirsting for more of the great and wonderful Revelations that @SemmelweisReflex is bestowing upon our little community. 🤣

• Super Moderator

His return has been somewhat anticlimactic, it must be said.

43 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

His return has been somewhat anticlimactic, it must be said.

Exactly. Phase 3. Let's see what you can do with that. 

• Super Moderator
6 minutes ago, SemmelweisReflex said:

Exactly. Phase 3. Let's see what you can do with that. 

We are guinea pigs for the very clever experiments of Semi-Wise. I hope I don't fail him! 😝

47 minutes ago, florduh said:

We are guinea pigs for the very clever experiments of Semi-Wise. I hope I don't fail him! 😝

Phase 3 isn't my experiment, it's yours, as a group. The collective you. Youse guys, as I said earlier.  

logo6.png

@midniterider

I think we have a code blue situation here. 

47 minutes ago, SemmelweisReflex said:

Phase 3 isn't my experiment, it's yours, as a group. The collective you. Youse guys, as I said earlier.  

logo6.png

This one is projecting...again.

11 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

This one is projecting...again.

Quietly projecting? If I were doing that I would have posted this instead. 

But that would be more obvious than ironical. I was a professional musician, you know. Now, if I were projecting on Josh it would be somewhat less obvious. Like . . . .

I like tool. Pretty sure Maynard is batting for the other biblical team though. 

5 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

I like tool. Pretty sure Maynard is batting for the other biblical team though. 

Tool usually bores me off my left tit, but his batting is the point, isn't it. Roger, on the other hand, who is also, as you say, batting for the other biblical team, is one of my favorites. In fact, amused to death is my favorite all time album. Hands down. Has been since it came out in '91 or '92. Just prior to my spiritual awakening. A term that I've only ever used this once and only because how you might react to it amuses me.

22 minutes ago, SemmelweisReflex said:

spiritual awakening

That's really a good name for the experience. I as well had my own "spiritual awakening" when I started believing. Another name for it would be "salvation experience" 

On the flip side. There was a somewhat similar but opposite experience when I realized it was all a lie. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

That's really a good name for the experience. I as well had my own "spiritual awakening" when I started believing. Another name for it would be "salvation experience" 

On the flip side. There was a somewhat similar but opposite experience when I realized it was all a lie. 

Rinse, repeat . . . 

• Super Moderator
52 minutes ago, SemmelweisReflex said:

If I were doing that

Code blue.  🔵

2 minutes ago, SemmelweisReflex said:

Rinse, repeat . . . 

Ugh, I have got to stop wasting my time on you. It doesn't matter if I agree with you on something or not. You still want to argue.

This is classic code blue. 

15 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Ugh, I have got to stop wasting my time on you. It doesn't matter if I agree with you on something or not. You still want to argue.

This is classic code blue. 

I think you are right that you should stop wasting your time on me because all you want is for me to either shut up and / or think like you. No argument there. The ironic part is that I'm wasting less time on people on this forum who are like that. It means less about me and more about what we are here to talk about.  

2 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

@midniterider

I think we have a code blue situation here. 

Code blue. Copy that. I'll initiate the protocol. 

7 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Code blue. Copy that. I'll initiate the protocol. 

Perfect. Right on schedule. 

• Super Moderator
19 minutes ago, SemmelweisReflex said:

what we are here to talk about.  

What are you here to talk about?

11 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Anything you want to talk about, just without the hyperbolic ad hominem. Phase 3. Aren't you paying attention, Professor? 

PS By the way. I'm basing Professor John Redding on you in my Semmelweis Reflex. I haven't got names for the other atheists yet. I think Josh is going to be Raymond Sheen. A lifetime atheist who embarks upon, coincidentally, a spiritual journey of sorts. Posthumously. As an android who has had his former soul, as Joshua Lehrer, transmigrated. 

Sort of a In The Future There Will Be Robots, but without the manatee. 

6 minutes ago, SemmelweisReflex said:

Anything you want to talk about, just without the hyperbolic ad hominem. Phase 3. Aren't you paying attention, Professor? 

Let's talk about bourbon. Any particular bourbon you like?

21 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

His website, looks like. 

Brother Mario, reincarnated...

1 minute ago, DarkBishop said:

Let's talk about bourbon. Any particular bourbon you like?

I don't think that I've actually ever tried bourbon. Now, George and Martha (Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor) referred to a burbon story in Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf, one of my all time favorite films, or movies as you American people say. 

I was more of a 100% vodka (Dark Eyes) or Yukon Jack man. Straight out of the bottle. 

Dark days, those. Real dark. And you know, I only drank on two occasions before  becoming a believer. Went to the county lockup for it 3 times. Binge drinking. I like to say I've done more time than Keith Richards but not quite as much as Martha Stewart. 

You?