Goodbye Jesus

What might lie outside the known universe?

pantheory

5 Theories & Predictions on What Lies Outside The ... - YouTube

Joshpantera first posted a link like this. I thought some members and lurkers might be interested in this discussion. Although interesting, I'm of the belief that reality is a much simpler place than the ideas that are proposed in this link. What do you think?

• Super Moderator

It's all just cud chewing, but personally I think it would be cool if we were in a Mobius strip or Klein bottle. Either that or in Xenu's universal universe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, pantheory said:

5 Theories & Predictions on What Lies Outside The ... - YouTube

Joshpantera first posted a link like this. I thought some members and lurkers might be interested in this discussion. Although interesting, I'm of the belief that reality is a much simpler place than the ideas that are proposed in this link. What do you think?

I posted that to illustrate a variety of different thoughts going around these days. Many of which bring up even more questions. 

The first mentioned, in my opinion, looks like the simplest explanation. Beyond the observable universe would be more of the same as what is observed within the observable universe, but simply extending out beyond our observability. How much simpler of an explanation could there be?

It's the same idea as what lies beyond your range of observation in the ocean? More of the same, more of the ocean. You move out and your range of observability opens up to previously unobserved locations. Which were previously hidden by an observational horizon of sorts. You move, your sphere of observability moves too. New locations become visible as you move.

I was snorkeling the coral reefs last weekend. So this analogy is fresh in mind....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joshpantera said:

I posted that to illustrate a variety of different thoughts going around these days. Many of which bring up even more questions. 

The first mentioned, in my opinion, looks like the simplest explanation. Beyond the observable universe would be more of the same as what is observed within the observable universe, but simply extending out beyond our observability. How much simpler of an explanation could there be?

It's the same idea as what lies beyond your range of observation in the ocean? More of the same, more of the ocean. You move out and your range of observability opens up to previously unobserved locations. Which were previously hidden by an observational horizon of sorts. You move, your sphere of observability moves too. New locations become visible as you move.

I was snorkeling the coral reefs last weekend. So this analogy is fresh in mind....

That's correct, and I believe also almost certain; beyond the observable universe is more of the same. In my own model, contrary to the BB model and mainstream cosmology, they will also see more of the same thing as we look back in time with the James Webb, what they now believe is the beginning time and of the universe. Those believing more of the same looking back in time, believe in a steady-state universe of some kind, at least for the observable universe. The mainstream believes they will only observe small, very young blue, very active galaxies when looking back with the Jame Webb.

"I was snorkeling the coral reefs last weekend. So this analogy is fresh in mind...."

Which coral reefs? the ones off the Florida keys? I was never our there but I did go to the coral reefs off of the country of Belize. You can boat out to the reefs maybe a mile out, then walk on certain parts of them. Other parts of the reef you can't walk on because either they are too deep or too sharp to walk on with bare feet.  I haven't snorkeled for a long time now and would have to practice again. I am/ was a very good swimmer and body surfer though.

10 hours ago, pantheory said:

Which coral reefs? the ones off the Florida keys?

Yeah, the barrier reefs offshore of the Keys. About 3 miles offshore. 

Just out of our range of observability was a mature Green Turtle eating turtle grass on the sea floor. As we came in closer the Turtle came into view. My wife and the boys were pretty excited. They'd never swam on a reef that clear or swam with any sea turtle's in the wild. Then we went out and fished some ledges from about 60' dropping down to around 100'. And you could see down to the bottom. Good visibility. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

Yeah, the barrier reefs offshore of the Keys. About 3 miles offshore. 

Just out of our range of observability was a mature Green Turtle eating turtle grass on the sea floor. As we came in closer the Turtle came into view. My wife and the boys were pretty excited. They'd never swam on a reef that clear or swam with any sea turtle's in the wild. Then we went out and fished some ledges from about 60' dropping down to around 100'. And you could see down to the bottom. Good visibility. 

you could see to the bottom 100 ft. deep. Wow :)   Yeah, and I've never seen a green turtle either in the wild. I've been to the keys and looked around, but never swam there.

• Like 1