Goodbye Jesus

Serious mind/body question

florduh

• Super Moderator
43 minutes ago, Myrkhoos said:

There is no such idea that "wrongthink" from what I gather, is the root of all diseases.

Only some New Age people are obsessed with the notion that literally everything is created by our individual and/or collective thoughts; hate your neighbor, get cancer OR believe and claim your healing. That "school" seems to me a perversion of quantum physics and the mind-body connection we have.

I'm of the opinion that the root cause of an illness is ultimately grounded in physiological factors including biochemistry and genetics, but the mind does play a large role.  High stress can really mess with the body by messing with adrenaline and cortisol, and rumination on problems can be absolutely devastating for quality and quantity of sleep.

Woo-woo aside, I see a therapeutic role for such things as mindfulness practice as it can de-fang the kind of thinking that weakens our physical defenses.

• Thanks 2

On 8/8/2021 at 4:12 PM, florduh said:

Only some New Age people are obsessed with the notion that literally everything is created by our individual and/or collective thoughts; hate your neighbor, get cancer OR believe and claim your healing. That "school" seems to me a perversion of quantum physics and the mind-body connection we have.

I have encountered it or some form of it, I admit. It is weird bk even in religions of jainism with it's emphasis on self development, and that karma makes bad stuff, they do acknowledge behaviour as a big part not just the mental. 

I'm woo  fan but my kind of woo is , should I say, sort of body positive and more mind body equality.

• 1 year later...

Despite the fact that you've treated me like shit in the past, florduh, I'll answer your question honestly and with integrity and forgiveness. It's all of the above. Genetics, toxins, wrong thinking, and I'll add, family problems, external stresses pushing us to our limits, and perhaps, arguably, spiritual alignments. Too much darkness, not enough light. Too much light, not enough darkness. For what it's worth.

• 2 months later...
On 8/8/2021 at 6:12 AM, florduh said:

Religion may have little to do with positive thinking. There have been a number of health studies that point to the power of positive thinking. There is a link between how one perceives reality, and one's future and health. 

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/the-power-of-positive-thinking

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.