Christianity is collapsing

On 7/25/2021 at 3:38 PM, DarkBishop said:

Not everyone that is pro gun is a religious Nutt.

I grew up with them and enjoy them. It is just odd that there is a strange god/gun/patriotism thing with so many believers today. I was watching a rant-cast by comedian Lewis Black where a listener wrote it that their right-wing family has ruined the American flag as a symbol because they use it on everything to endorse their new proud-to-be-stupid politics. The testoster-trucks raging down the roads locally have had the same effect for me. I nearly equate the flag now with rude fascist jerks who equate big loud trucks with being a good American. People gravitate to symbols, religious and political, so much that they equate them with what they are supposed to represent. And it gives them a reason to be enraged when someone disrespects their symbol. And the bigger the symbol the better! A local run-down motel was recently purchased by a avid Christian who wants to use it to help people get off drugs. Noble cause. But out in front is a giant glowing white cross fluorescent sign. Above that is a sign with a Harley engine and a skull, because Jesus and skeletons driving Harleys. I supposed it is advertising to the crowd he wants to attract. After deconversion, I've backed away from cherishing symbols or adorning myself with any. I do like the old Norse ones, but I have no business wearing them, nor do I really want to. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fuego said:

I grew up with them and enjoy them. It is just odd that there is a strange god/gun/patriotism thing with so many believers today. I was watching a rant-cast by comedian Lewis Black where a listener wrote it that their right-wing family has ruined the American flag as a symbol because they use it on everything to endorse their new proud-to-be-stupid politics. The testoster-trucks raging down the roads locally have had the same effect for me. I nearly equate the flag now with rude fascist jerks who equate big loud trucks with being a good American. People gravitate to symbols, religious and political, so much that they equate them with what they are supposed to represent. And it gives them a reason to be enraged when someone disrespects their symbol. And the bigger the symbol the better! A local run-down motel was recently purchased by a avid Christian who wants to use it to help people get off drugs. Noble cause. But out in front is a giant glowing white cross fluorescent sign. Above that is a sign with a Harley engine and a skull, because Jesus and skeletons driving Harleys. I supposed it is advertising to the crowd he wants to attract. After deconversion, I've backed away from cherishing symbols or adorning myself with any. I do like the old Norse ones, but I have no business wearing them, nor do I really want to. 

I've only seen one testoster-truck in the last few weeks.