Goodbye Jesus

Loving life!!!

DarkBishop

Sitting in savannah GA drinking rum runners and bourbon. Gotta love it!!!! 

• Like 2

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Never been to Savannah.  It’s on my list though, along with Charleston SC.

Have you tried that Woodford Reserve Double Oaked yet?  

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I love Tybee island, though the last time I was down that way I got a little too deep into some spiced rum and had a slight run-in with the law dogs.  Nothing unusual. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TABA said:

Never been to Savannah.  It’s on my list though, along with Charleston SC.

Have you tried that Woodford Reserve Double Oaked yet?  

No not yet. I tried at the bar I was at. Abes on Lincoln but they didn't have any. We went between abes and wet Willie's. Wet Willie's was pretty awesome. I love regular slushies. Having that many flavors with alcohol in them was pretty cool lol. Gotta hurry up n get my ass outta this motel now.

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I love Tybee island, though the last time I was down that way I got a little too deep into some spiced rum and had a slight run-in with the law dogs.  Nothing unusual. 

Funny you should mention the law dogs around tybee. I am actually down here because of them. Was down here memorial day weekend at tybee and got caught speeding. I had left my license at the condo. He looked me up and saw I had a license but still gave me a ticket for it which required an appearance in court. They raped me for $350 dollars. Dismissed the license ticket I had to appear for but still charged me court cost. 😒 200 for speeding 150 for court. 

13 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

They raped me for $350 dollars. Dismissed the license ticket I had to appear for but still charged me court cost. 😒 200 for speeding 150 for court.

Bummer.  As an apostate you don’t have to worry about committing sin anymore - but the law of the land still applies…

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, DarkBishop said:

Funny you should mention the law dogs around tybee.

I'm going to exercise my right to remain silent concerning my alleged activities in Tybee.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TABA said:

Bummer.  As an apostate you don’t have to worry about committing sin anymore - but the law of the land still applies…

Yeah but any decent cop would of given a guy a warning for the license. They just wanted to get money out of an out of towner. Whatever tho. It's done n I had fun last night in savannah. It's OK. 

5 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I'm going to exercise my right to remain silent concerning my alleged activities in Tybee.

Naughty professor 🤣

Your ticket reminds me of the town in which I grew up. A university town, the cops would sit silently outside of parties and wait for coeds to make it to the sidewalk with a beer and then arrest them. Not ticket, arrest. They looked for any and every reason to pull people over and ticket them, I assume to keep money flowing in. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fuego said:

Your ticket reminds me of the town in which I grew up. A university town, the cops would sit silently outside of parties and wait for coeds to make it to the sidewalk with a beer and then arrest them. Not ticket, arrest. They looked for any and every reason to pull people over and ticket them, I assume to keep money flowing in. 

Right!? That court room was full of ppl from out of town lol. I guess that's their way of leeching off the tourism from tybee and savannah. 

I guess I should clarify if I hadnt already that I do have a license. I had just accidentally left it in the condo we were staying in when we left to get some groceries. 

He was able to look it up and see I had a valid license. 

I'm just glad I'm back home. Shitty reason to take a excursion to savannah, but gotta make the best of it right? I'll go back to savannah again but I'll never go back to tybee. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 5:45 AM, TABA said:

Have you tried that Woodford Reserve Double Oaked yet

I am finally trying it tonight! Your right. It smells wonderful and I loved the way the oak hit me super strong on the back end for just an instant and then started to vade. Very good bourbon!! 

Glad you liked it.  I think any bourbon drinker would.  It’s just got more, without going too far.  Pretty much perfect, IMO.  

Savannah - who has been to The Pirate's House?

I'm wondering if it is as interesting and fun today as it was when I there... about 57 years ago.

@TABA - you really should.

The entire coastal region from lower SC to Georgia to upper Florida is so rich with the earliest history of the colonies. Savannah was originally designed by James Oglethorpe to be a model for early colonial towns.

• Like 1