Goodbye Jesus

Anxiety and sleep

Myrkhoos

Hello,

You people who suffered , suffer from anxiety. Did your sleep suffer because of it? Nightmares, insomnia, lack of restful sleep, etc. All stuff.

My thing is highly intense dreams ( not necessarily nightmares) and lack of restful sleep.

• 5 weeks later...

For me, sleep is elusive. I’ve tried everything, including an overnight sleep study to investigate a possible physical cause, sleep restriction therapy, and a sleep psychologist to investigate an emotional cause. Diagnosis: I have psychosomatic insomnia. And the stress of being a single mum of three, running a business. Add peri-menopause for some extra fun.

Insomnia is common amongst us creative types. Intense dreams stem from rich imaginations. Let me know if you find an “off” switch.

Some meds interfere with sleep. I had cut out sleep aid tablets, sudafed, and benedryl because they were causing crushing anxiety. It took a while to switch my body off of the sleep aid stuff to which I'd been dependent. Then I found anxiety would still rise up some days. I've only recently found a microdose treatment that works for me. But sleep some nights is still weird. One night is great, and another I'm awake at 2am until I get up and go to work. Not anxiety based, I can even be totally relaxed but awake. Often I get sleepy around the time I have to get up. Stupid brain. Last night I think it was way too much salt and some alcohol at dinnertime. Woke up hot and dehydrated, took 4 hours to get back to sleep. 

Anyone drink chamomile tea?

I find it very helpful.