Goodbye Jesus

Open Club  ·  34 members  ·  Rules

OPINE CLUB

Vaccine awareness 😉

florduh

8 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

You can't convict someone of "probably" infecting someone. 

You wouldn't convict them of probably killing someone. You convict them for not taking reasonable precaution if that was the route we were going down.

Yet they weren't because they aren't fully FDA approved.

Biden hails announcement as FDA gives full approval to Pfizer’s Covid vaccine | Vaccines and immunisation | The Guardian

Come again? I know its only just happened, but a lot of the approval process is red tape rather than testing actual effectiveness.

The vaccine stats continue to decline. Keep watching the numbers and let us know when they are shitty enough for you say... well yeah.... maybe they got a point. 

This is the one area where you might have a point. The virus mutates fast and so we have a challenge in keeping vaccines effective against them. The Pfizer vaccine for instance is still effective against Delta, but not as effective as it was against the former main strain.

I'm not going to bother arguing the rest of the points. I'm pissing in the wind at this point. Fun at first, but then just gets icky. We are not going to agree and every time I pull out a study you guys will pull out some other study then we'll be arguing who's study was better.

I leave with this: Ultimately I wouldn't care about people getting vaccinated or not if they only affected themselves. If you don't want to get the vaccine then die well tough lucky buddy, nature sucks. The only reason we here have a conflict is because of increase risk an unvaccinated person presents to both myself and people I care about. Yeah, I know, you disagree, and think vaccines do nothing. I guess time will be the ultimate arbiter. 

5 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I leave with this: Ultimately I wouldn't care about people getting vaccinated or not if they only affected themselves. If you don't want to get the vaccine then die well tough lucky buddy, nature sucks. The only reason we here have a conflict is because of increase risk an unvaccinated person presents to both myself and people I care about. Yeah, I know, you disagree, and think vaccines do nothing. I guess time will be the ultimate arbiter. 

I didn't say they do nothing. It wouldn't surprise me. But right now the numbers seem to be with the vaccine. I'm glad pfizer is the dominate one right now. That's the one I have the first shot of. Get the second next week I think 🤔 Sept. 1st. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

I didn't say they do nothing. It wouldn't surprise me. But right now the numbers seem to be with the vaccine. I'm glad pfizer is the dominate one right now. That's the one I have the first shot of. Get the second next week I think 🤔 Sept. 1st. 

I was admittedly being a bit tongue in cheek there and didn't think you thought they did absolutely nothing. My point being that I think they do more than what people might perceive. 

Oh also, I should clarify, because re reading my post it looks like it was aimed at you DB, it wasn't. I was responding directly to you, but the last paragraph in particular is of a general nature - "you" in that paragraph should be read as whoever. I wasn't saying tough luck to you if you don't get the vaccine. Sorry if it came across as that.

Also congrats on getting your first dose. My second Pfizer is this Thursday. I can let you know how it does if you like.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Also congrats on getting your first dose. My second Pfizer is this Thursday. I can let you know how it does if you like.

That'd be great. So far I know one guy that it made sick as hell. Most people say it ain't that bad tho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkBishop said:

That'd be great. So far I know one guy that it made sick as hell. Most people say it ain't that bad tho.

I have Moderna, you two and my Father have Pfizer. Terrific, we're all vaccinated lest anyone get the wrong idea and think that we're anti-vaxer's for arguing these points. None of us are. We're vaccine risk takers. Going on the good "faith" that one or more years down the road we won't regret what we've done. 

The real anti-vaxer's are down here in full effect.

That GC nutter that I speak of recovered from his covid but refuses to take a vaccine. He was trying to show me some website and I think it was rapture.com

He was scrolling through the news feed showing me articles about how the vaccines are population control, rooted in Gate's and Fauci, ultimately under the control of satan, aimed at bringing about revelation style mass death conditions. The claim is that the protein spikes in the vaccines will clog individual blood vessels in your brain, lungs, heart, and vital organs. Over the long term people will start dropping dead. 

Oi fuck'n vey!!!!!!!

It was painful to have to sit through that. I was the only vaccinated in the office out of the 5 people in there. I don't know if what I did was right or wrong, but I wanted to cut it off and leave.

So I said, "well, what's done is done, my wife and I got the vaccine and we'll be going forward on the good faith that everything will work out just fine for us."

To which the christians had no further response. What could they say to that? I didn't say faith in god or jesus, I just said faith:

It was misleading though, because they obviously took it the only way they know how.

But I wanted to make a point in the process. Where is their faith amidst this pandemic? Why would they resist Biden, or even a communist plot to take over the world as the NWO? Do they think that they're going to thwart prophecy? What's the plan, what are they thinking? If christian beliefs suggest that all of these things must come to pass, why would they think that they can fight or resist it? Christians are supposed to passively stand aside and let everything transpire, right? 

Dumbasses........

11 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

But I wanted to make a point in the process. Where is their faith amidst this pandemic? Why would they resist Biden, or even a communist plot to take over the world as the NWO? Do they think that they're going to thwart prophecy? What's the plan, what are they thinking? If christian beliefs suggest that all of these things must come to pass, why would they think that they can fight or resist it? Christians are supposed to passively stand aside and let everything transpire, right? 

Dumbasses........

Well some of these dumb fucks really think its the mark of the beast. Even tho the real mark of the beast doesn't even pertain to this time but a time 2000 years ago when "whoever" wrote Revelations. 

Anyway. If they really believe that the vaccine is the mark. Then if they take it they will be cast into everlasting fire that is reserved for the devil and his angels. That is another legitimate (but imaginery) fear some people have about the vaccine. We are literally battling fairy tales in that case. It's bad enough that there are real concerns such as possible rare blood clots. I mean no one really wants to take that risk. Yes it's rare. But it is still happening. So yes. That is a legitimate fear that I can relate to. But mark of the beast, chips, mass murder, good grief. Where does it end. 

Christianity is toxic in OOHHHH SOOO MANY WAYS! Ugh. I'm glad I was able to climb out of that shit. 

• Thanks 1

This is what DeSantis was referring to in one of his recent press conferences about the delta variant: 

Time will tell. Hopefully this is correct. Fast spikes fast decline. Short lived variant. 

@DarkBishop So I just had my second Pfizer dose an hour ago. So far no symptoms whatsoever so that gets me out of the danger zone. Will let you know how I feel tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2021 at 8:17 PM, DarkBishop said:

Well some of these dumb fucks really think its the mark of the beast. Even tho the real mark of the beast doesn't even pertain to this time but a time 2000 years ago when "whoever" wrote Revelations. 

Anyway. If they really believe that the vaccine is the mark. Then if they take it they will be cast into everlasting fire that is reserved for the devil and his angels. That is another legitimate (but imaginery) fear some people have about the vaccine. We are literally battling fairy tales in that case. It's bad enough that there are real concerns such as possible rare blood clots. I mean no one really wants to take that risk. Yes it's rare. But it is still happening. So yes. That is a legitimate fear that I can relate to. But mark of the beast, chips, mass murder, good grief. Where does it end. 

Christianity is toxic in OOHHHH SOOO MANY WAYS! Ugh. I'm glad I was able to climb out of that shit. 

So where I am, the vaccine is mandated for all health care workers.  I'm in a position where I manage - among other things -  clinical students entering our facility.  So far I have received 3 requests for religious exemption based on the students' Christian beliefs, (no Catholics because it is "pope approved."). One of them changed their mind and got the vaccine, but the other two. . . are over the top, even threatening in their tone.  One of  the arguments that come up (and my counterpoints) follow:

Honestly, behind closed doors, I believe there is a significant number of Christians who DO believe it is the mark of the beast.  But interestingly they don't talk about it to or among secular groups.  Why not include that in their religious objection statements?  (Maybe because they know how fucking crazy it sounds?)

As for serious side effects from the vaccine, for me, its just simple math.  I wear a seatbelt because even though there have been reported injuries as a result of seatbelt use, this is extremely rare.  The science demonstrates that, overall, seatbelts are safe and effective.  I'm due to get a booster next month. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freshstart said:

.  I wear a seatbelt because even though there have been reported injuries as a result of seatbelt use, this is extremely rare.  The science demonstrates that, overall, seatbelts are safe and effective

I bucked against that LoL. I'm just very big on people having the freedom to make their own decisions. Do I think seat belts make you safer? Absolutely. Do I wear seat belts? Yes. Do I think the govt should mandate seat belt use. No. But I also believe that the insurance companies and anyone else involved in the accident should be off the hook if a person doesn't wear a seat belt and gets killed. Well unless the other person is DUI. Then that's a whole other issue. 

I guess its just a different perspective developed from living a different life here in the south. I grew up riding in the back of pick up trucks. 

The mark of the beast thing is so played out by now. Pin the tail on the anti-christ. They've been doing it for centuries. Granted, I understand that when you're caught up in a belief scenario people tend to be blind to logic and reason. Cognitive dissonance and all of that. But for crying out loud, when century after century people keep claiming that this or that is the mark of the beast, or this or that person is the antichrist, none of which ever pan out, WTF???????

Thinking caps people!!!!!!

Put them on please!!!!!!

16 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

I bucked against that LoL. I'm just very big on people having the freedom to make their own decisions. Do I think seat belts make you safer? Absolutely. Do I wear seat belts? Yes. Do I think the govt should mandate seat belt use. No. But I also believe that the insurance companies and anyone else involved in the accident should be off the hook if a person doesn't wear a seat belt and gets killed. Well unless the other person is DUI. Then that's a whole other issue. 

I guess its just a different perspective developed from living a different life here in the south. I grew up riding in the back of pick up trucks. 

I'm all for people having the freedom to make their own decisions, but I'm also pragmatic rather than ideological (Well I like to think so lol) So I am aware that most of the time we don't make decisions in a vacuum. Thus my decisions can affect the lives of others. So in your example above, not wearing a seat belt doesn't just affect your safety. It has an impact on friends and family if you are killed, it can affect rescue and medical personal that have to deal with the aftermath etc. So you cannot look at things simply from an individuals freedom. You need to look at it from a holistic societal approach: If we let individuals have this freedom what is the over all impact?

As a society you want to hit the sweet spot between absolute freedom (which imo is anarchy) and absolute regulation and tyranny. We Western countries seem to be doing an ok job. 

(PS we should acknowledge that you and I are also talking about different societies - we have public healthcare here, you have private insurance pays healthcare I think it is. So your point about insurance companies off the hook simply doesn't apply here)

On the mark of the beast: Yeah that shits been around for years. Humans need a boogy man to rail against it seems.

• Thanks 1

@DarkBishop Just over 24 hours. Arm hurts quite a bit - painful to lift it above shoulder height. This is expected and happened with first dose.

I do feel a bit more tired than usual and have weird minor aches over the body. Not enough to make me stop working, but enough for me to think, yeah this isn't my usual shtick. 

I do have a minor headache, but I always get headaches so cannot tell if its just me, or a result of vaccine. 

No problems with eating etc.

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

@DarkBishop Just over 24 hours. Arm hurts quite a bit - painful to lift it above shoulder height. This is expected and happened with first dose.

I do feel a bit more tired than usual and have weird minor aches over the body. Not enough to make me stop working, but enough for me to think, yeah this isn't my usual shtick. 

I do have a minor headache, but I always get headaches so cannot tell if its just me, or a result of vaccine. 

No problems with eating etc.

That sounds like how I was with my first dose. That's alright. Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow for ya. 

On 8/26/2021 at 4:45 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

PS we should acknowledge that you and I are also talking about different societies - we have public healthcare here, you have private insurance pays healthcare I think it is. So your point about insurance companies off the hook simply doesn't apply here

Yes I agree in your society with public tax paid Healthcare. I can agree that laws to force people to do the healthier thing are probably necessary. Or you cod make a law that states if you don't do X then you won't receive Y benefit. Which still gives the choice to the people but at the same time protects the tax payer. 

Anyway, because of our different cultures we will probably never see eye to eye on issues such as this. In my opinion I would say you govt has done a good job grooming you. LOL. It's all well and good until they decide to push an issue you can't agree with. Then it goes to shit. But I'm glad it's working for you for now. I would have preferred my insurance to have stayed the same as before the AHCA. It was better. More patient friendly I guess. But the companies in this area also switched to the lowest allowable coverage too. My ex actually has better insurance than me now. So it's a matter of who you work for too. Maybe I just need to find another job. 

On 8/26/2021 at 8:26 AM, Joshpantera said:

The mark of the beast thing is so played out by now.

Well its all a moot point now - for my state.  They just announced that religious exemptions will not be allowed.  (This was already the case for MMR).  I have mixed feelings about mandates, but I will say my colleagues are reporting that virtually every person who has landed in a couple of the area MICUs due to covid (all unvaccinated, mostly younger people than previous waves) has changed their tune about vaccination.   Another colleague had a covid+ baby admitted from an antivax religious community.  Family also refused Vitamin-K shot.  Baby had a brain bleed and died (vitamin K could have prevented this).  A handful of covid+ women have also delivered their babies while sedated and ventilated in the past month.  A woman from another city (same situation) is too unstable to transport to our area.

When the pandemic first started, the news used to report stats on all covid admissions to area hospitals (ages, comorbidities, etc.).  I guess people are covid-news-fatigued and that hasn't been reported for some time.  If reporting had continued with the same level of detail, perhaps more (younger) people would choose vaccination.  But who knows.

On 8/26/2021 at 10:42 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

My guess would be headache is quite possibly vaccine-related.  I had a terrible headache that lasted quite awhile.  Other family members experienced headache as well.  Most people I know had to call off from work first day after the second dose (myself included).   By the 48-hour mark, most everyone I know feels fine.  I hope the same will be true for you!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, freshstart said:

By the 48-hour mark, most everyone I know feels fine.  I hope the same will be true for you!

Bang on.

@DarkBishop This will be likely my final report. By the evening of the second day, (so about 30 hours in) I was feeling more tired than usual and had a worn down feeling as if I'd worked really hard for 12 hours. I had a good sleep that night and woke up perky. I can lift my arm above the shoulder no problems. By the 48 hour mark I wouldn't have known I'd had a vaccine shot apart from a lingering tenderness in my arm. As of now I'm pretty much over any symptoms.

I'll let you know if anything else develops that I think is related, but other than that this is it. Good luck with your 2nd jab mate.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

This will be likely my final report.

That was a bit ominous, until I read on…

I’m puzzled by the differences in reactions to these particular vaccines. For instance, my wife and I got the same Moderna second-shot at the same time, but she had nasty flu-symptoms for 18 hours and I had no reaction whatsoever.  

12 minutes ago, TABA said:

I’m puzzled by the differences in reactions to these particular vaccines. For instance, my wife and I got the same Moderna second-shot at the same time, but she had nasty flu-symptoms for 18 hours and I had no reaction whatsoever.  

Well I actually makes sense because the virus works the same way. I knew people that were positive with not one symptom. I lost my smell and taste for a month and coughed for a week. Had a headache for a few days. Others are down for a month with symptoms and recover. Our friend that just died caught it and eight days later died.

So it makes sense that the vaccine would be similarly puzzling. The first like it. Pretty much all other epidemics followed similar symptoms for everyone that caught it. I think. Not an expert tho. 

This is a very promising article for me. I've been saying I think the immunity last longer than 3 or 4 months. I was exposed side by side with unmasked coworkers on break that tested positive a day later. I only got it the one time. And now with the vaccine I'm probably even more immune according to this. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/08/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-no-infection-parties

10 hours ago, TABA said:

Haha, it is a bit ominous I guess.

Biology mate. People react differently to different things. That's the really short basic answer.

Ok. Well I guess it's my turn to let everyone know how it goes with me. Just took my 2nd dose of pfizer a few hours ago. So far no ill side effects other than a slightly sore arm which I'm sure will get worse like it did with the first shot. I'll let yall know how it progresses. I'm expecting it to be much like the last shot. 

• Like 1

I've lost another good surfing buddy. He was only 43. I don't know if he was vaccinated or not. But he got covid and was hospitalized and died in a very short period of time. Leaving behind a wife and three daughters. I'm going to ask around and see if anyone knows if he was vaccinated or not. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

I've lost another good surfing buddy. He was only 43. I don't know if he was vaccinated or not. But he got covid and was hospitalized and died in a very short period of time. Leaving behind a wife and three daughters. I'm going to ask around and see if anyone knows if he was vaccinated or not. 

Sorry to hear that mate.

I do have an update: Not sure if this is related to the vaccine or just something that happens. I get migraines every so often. Normally every 6 months. I haven't had one for a bout 6 months.

I reported on Saturday I was fine and dandy. Saturday night I got a migraine. It wasn't severe. I was fine on Sunday, Monday had bad headaches and felt nauseous, then on Tuesday I got another migraine.

Now, none of that is particularly unusual. I get migraines and headaches, and I've had back to back migraines before and generally feel shitting for a day or two after getting one. But due to the proximity of my 2nd shot I thought I'd report it. 

@DarkBishop Hoping you get through it like a breeze mate. From what I've heard, any side effects are better than the actual thing. We have 8 cases in ICU in NZ - and we are locked down! Hate to see case numbers if we weren't locked down.

• Like 1

So more update: Spoke to the doctor. He thinks it was likely the jab that caused it because migraines are related to inflammatory forces and the 2nd jab does cause a decent inflammatory response. However its normal and nothing to be concerned about, especially since the last two days I've been fine. He thinks I'm now out of the reaction period.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.