Goodbye Jesus

Is Logic an Absolute? A Simple Test

TheRedneckProfessor

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

In logic, this is known as the rule of non-contradiction.  Basically, it means that A is A and cannot be anything other that A.  A can equal B; but A cannot be B.  The most relevant aspect of the rule of non-contradiction is that A cannot be not-A.  

What we see in this thread, is that the god of the bible simply cannot exist as he is described.  Because he cannot be both present and not present.  Equally, god cannot be both all-loving and not all-loving. Yet the Bible describes him as such.

A quick-witted apologist might say that god's ways are not our ways, that he's mysterious, and that, being all-powerful, he can be both A and not-A.  Such a person might then attempt to devolve the thread into, "yes he can", "no he can't"...  But, as we've seen, there is a very good possibility that god is not all-powerful. 

If you wre right I would agree...

The rules of the creation do not apply to the Creator.

You bake cookes at 375 for ten minutes but you yourself are not subject to this rule of your creation...

2 minutes ago, AustinAustin said:

Protecting your atheism...

Atheism is a negative, it needs no protecting. It's the lack of belief in a claim. There's nothing to protect. The person making the positive claim in the existence of something has to try and protect THEIR positive claim. If there claim is nonsensical, as you're is, then no one will believe it. 

I don't believe your nonsensical claims about a god and his contradictory attributes. 

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

So, then it's time you answered the question honestly.

Do you agree with the conclusion?

What can I do for you all?

Everyone, what can I do for you?

Just now, Joshpantera said:

Atheism is a negative, it needs no protecting. It's the lack of belief in a claim. There's nothing to protect. The person making the positive claim in the existence of something has to try and protect THEIR positive claim. If there claim is nonsensical, as you're is, then no one will believe it. 

I don't believe your nonsensical claims about a god and his contradictory attributes. 

Why? You will die, if you go to Hell, if the possibility exists, you need to gt to the bottom of the issue.

You can't "loophole" and "legalize" that the burden of proof is on another...

Atheism doesn't work. It cannot be true. You have proof of GOd in the logic example, please, each of you, deeply consider.

Afterall, if someone yells fire, even if i don't believe, I am still very cautious and concerned... Please, deeply consider.

5 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

Austin,

If Josh closes this thread down, the you and I can still talk in the one entitled, 

I can explain it without you having to click any link, Austin Austin.

In that thread we can talk about your claim that the universe began to exist.

Thank you.

Walter.

Expand  

Good morning. If you woulod like to talk, we will continue at Twitter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning to you, Austin.

I created that thread especially for you and, as a bonus, relieved you of the burden of having to click on any links by explaining it all to you.

If we went to Twitter then the other members of this forum would not be able to see you refute my arguments and prove your case.

You could be a powerful witness to the truth of god, here in this nest of godless, stiff-necked rebels.

So why not meet me in the thread I made for you?

My offer still stands open.

Thank you.

Walter.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AustinAustin said:

Why? You will die, if you go to Hell, if the possibility exists, you need to gt to the bottom of the issue.

You can't "loophole" and "legalize" that the burden of proof is on another...

I just did. The burden of proof is on you if you're making the claim that something exists. That's squarely your problem. 

You've contradicted yourself repeatedly while trying to prove to us that a god exists. Why would anyone believe you? That would be just plain stupid of them to believe a person this self contradicting. Who can't get the upper hand in a debate...

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, AustinAustin said:

What can I do for you all?

2 minutes ago, AustinAustin said:

YOU CAN ANSWER THE gOD DAMN QUESTION:

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE CONCLUSION OF THE LOGICAL PROGRESSION OUTLINED IN THE OPENING POST OF THIS THREAD?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:
  5 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

Austin,

If Josh closes this thread down, the you and I can still talk in the one entitled, 

I can explain it without you having to click any link, Austin Austin.

In that thread we can talk about your claim that the universe began to exist.

Thank you.

Walter.

Expand  

Good morning. If you woulod like to talk, we will continue at Twitter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning to you, Austin.

I created that thread especially for you and, as a bonus, relieved you of the burden of having to click on any links by explaining it all to you.

If we went to Twitter then the other members of this forum would not be able to see you refute my arguments and prove your case.

You could be a powerful witness to the truth of god, here in this nest of godless, stiff-necked rebels.

So why not meet me in the thread I made for you?

My offer still stands open.

Thank you.

Walter.

Very kind of you, let's meet on neutral ground, Twitter is perfect. Everyone here can also follow our conversation there too.

3 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

I just did. The burden of proof is on you if you're making the claim that something exists. That's squarely your problem. 

You've contradicted yourself repeatedly while trying to prove to us that a god exists. Why would anyone believe you? That would be just plain stupid of them to believe a person this self contradicting. Who can't get the upper hand in a debate...

No, the burden of proof rests on each who will enjoy the consequences of their actions of belief or non-belief.

If I have contradicted myself I would agree. The logic example is proof of God. Please, let's conetinue on Twitter.

3 minutes ago, AustinAustin said:

Very kind of you, let's meet on neutral ground, Twitter is perfect. Everyone here can also follow our conversation there too.

I'm sorry Austin, but I don't have a Twitter account.

So, any dialogue between us has to happen in this forum.

My offer still stands.

Thank you.

Walter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AustinAustin said:

No, the burden of proof rests on each who will enjoy the consequences of their actions of belief or non-belief.

If I have contradicted myself I would agree. The logic example is proof of God. Please, let's conetinue on Twitter.

See how this works? You keep posting irrelevant nonsense until it's circled around too many times. Then the thread will be closed after it's become too stupid to go on any more. How many times do you need to circular reason????

No one's going to twitter. YOU came here. You're not running people off to some other place. You can post links to this forum on twitter and let people read what's going on here if you want. That's up to you. 

• Super Moderator

How can god's existence contradict the very logic that supposedly proves god's existence?

• Thanks 1

I challenge Austin to link THIS thread to his twitter feed. Announce it to the world!!!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

I challenge Austin to link THIS thread to his twitter feed. Announce it to the world!!!

That's a good idea.  In fact, if he doesn't do it, maybe I will.  Nice of him to provide us with his contact information.  😈

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AustinAustin said:

You could offer a direct answer to the question:  what precisely is a spirit?

2 hours ago, AustinAustin said:

Afterall, if someone yells fire, even if i don't believe, I am still very cautious and concerned... Please, deeply consider.

Sure, cautious, concerned, and then what? 

Employ logic in this scenario. Some one yells fire, you startle, then do you look around to see if they're crying wolf or if there really IS a fire????

You've cried wolf repeatedly about the existence of god. There's no evidence for it. Logic works against your claim, it doesn't bolster it. So logic as evidence for the existence of god fails the test of "logic." 

And if you were right and logic did prove the existence of god, what then would be the value of faith????

You're barking up the wrong tree, boy.  

3 hours ago, AustinAustin said:

All is made by and of God.

Then God created evil, Satan, Hell, sin, murder, death....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AustinAustin said:

Well that's because fire is real. I've seen it. God never seems to show up, though. You can believe that he shows up but that's really just your wish. 

1 hour ago, Joshpantera said:

Sure, cautious, concerned, and then what? 

Employ logic in this scenario. Some one yells fire, you startle, then do you look around to see if they're crying wolf or if there really IS a fire????

You've cried wolf repeatedly about the existence of god. There's no evidence for it. Logic works against your claim, it doesn't bolster it. So logic as evidence for the existence of god fails the test of "logic." 

And if you were right and logic did prove the existence of god, what then would be the value of faith????

You're barking up the wrong tree, boy.  

How does logic exist in a material universe, considering that logic is itself immaterial? How does an absolute standard of reason exist in a material universe and why is that not evidence of design?

Not sure what all this chatter is about logic if Austin claims God contradicts logic?

... deleted, accidental double-post