Goodbye Jesus

Design by trial and error

Sexton Blake

Over 99% of all species that ever existed are now extinct.

Intelligent Design is when god makes a species, looks at it and thinks he can do better, so wipes the species out and does better. He later looks at it and thinks I can do still better so he wipes it out and does better.

And so on and so on, across many species. That sounds like Design by Trial and Error to me. Nothing intelligent about it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sexton Blake said:

Over 99% of all species that ever existed are now extinct.

Intelligent Design is when god makes a species, looks at it and thinks he can do better, so wipes the species out and does better. He later looks at it and thinks I can do still better so he wipes it out and does better.

And so on and so on, across many species. That sounds like Design by Trial and Error to me. Nothing intelligent about it.

Yup, that's the way evolution works. The best genes and their combinations win out, then it's the survival of the fittest.

• 2 weeks later...

We knew of two million different types of insects so they put glue traps in the Amazon and that number went up by thirty million and there are undoubtedly more.

If God made everything, why would he make more than say a dozen different types of insects?

The sheer number suggests evolution exploring every possible avenue.