Santa still owes me a goddamn pony!

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, alreadyGone said:

Santa still owes me a goddamn pony!

You, too?  

3 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You, too?  

I even tried praying to Santa...  no joy.

• Super Moderator

That non-pony-giving sumbich.  He's got eight (8!) magical reindeer that can fly; how's he going to keep little kids from having just one regular-ass pony?!  What a tool.

• Haha 2

There's a thought... maybe I should begin asking for a magic reindeer instead.

Same saddle should work, I believe.

• Like 1

We should take a moment to commemorate the true reason for the season..

The US <-> China trade balance.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

We should take a moment to commemorate the true reason for the season..

The US <-> China trade balance.

Thanks aG!

Thanks for putting me right, I mean.

And there was I thinking that the true reason for the season was that Christianity took over a pagan celebration and rebranded it to further to it's ends.

Silly me!

🤪

Thank you God for my family and friends. Thank you I have a job, and good health. Thank you I have access to this phone to post this Thank you message! There are SO many things to be thankful for! Yes there is evil in the world, but there is an awful lot of good also.  I was remembering this morning how wonderful Christmas was as a kid. We were poor, but my Mom and her infectious smile always won the day.

You can all bask in your negativity if you want to, and center on bad things rather than the good. Anyone can do that. I'd rather be thankful for what I DO have rather than a pony I never got.

I truly do wish you all a Merry Christmas! Even if you don't believe. Why not center on what good you can do today, rather than centering on the evil that ungrateful and unthankful people push on the rest of us? Rather than crying about the pony YOU never got-- why not give a pony to some kid instead?

You're a deliberate liar @Fish153.

You are not incapable of recognizing so obvious a joke when you see it.

If nothing else, that joke works on the level of someone who believes that there is more to life than "that pony you didn't get".

Get over your self-righteous self.

alreadygone--

You take things far too literally. Of course I recognize "the pony" is a joke. People use "pony" when they are referring to what they wanted in life and didn't get. I was using "pony" in the very same way. Instead of complaining about the pony YOU never got (what you expected out of life), why not brighten the day of a child instead. Give THEM  a pony (whatever will bring great joy to them) instead of complaining about what you never had.

I find that many people on this board take everything very literally-- you have learned to think VERY NARROWLY. It's kind of strange 

It reminds me of last night. I was at a Christmas party and a deconvert and I were looking at a drink on the table. He said the glass was "half empty" and I said it was "half full". We argued a bit back and forth. Then a girl who was kind of tipsy knocked the drink over, spilling everything out.

The deconvert and I looked at one another, realizing the argument was over. So I changed the subject and said "Nice party huh? What a turn-out". The deconvert said "looks like only half the people showed up though...."

43 minutes ago, Fish153 said:

You can all bask in your negativity if you want to, and center on bad things rather than the good. Anyone can do that. I'd rather be thankful for what I DO have rather than a pony I never got.

Fish, I know you are appalled by our apostasy and our irreverence toward Christianity and religious faith in general.  Many of us here once shared your view of non-believers, especially of atheists.  Personally though, I cultivate an attitude of gratitude and every day I reflect on and appreciate the many joys of life.  It is entirely possible to be godless and to have a joyful life.  For me, being without religious dogma is a feature, not a bug.   

43 minutes ago, Fish153 said:

I truly do wish you all a Merry Christmas! Even if you don't believe.

Thank you.  I enjoy Christmas as much as ever even if I don’t believe.  Merry Christmas to you too.  

TABA---

Thanks. It is important to have a thankful and grateful attitude even if you don't believe. I appreciate your post!

Yeah Fish, you're as genuine as a $3 bill.

If you watch "Jaws" backward, it's a heartwarming story of a fish that gives arms and legs to people in need.

• Super Moderator

Damn.  Glad I never asked Santa for a puppy or this thread would have turned into an outright dog and pony show.

• Haha 2

Merry Christmas to my group of atheists, agnostics, and authentic believers. Hope yall have a good day. :) 

• Thanks 2

Liked “https://youtu.be/7BWiYJ3yykw”

Always loved The Who. They were my favorite band. "Quadrophenia"-- best rock album ever. Comments are welcome. Lol.

Redneck--

Did you ever see that movie with Al Pacino, "Canine Day Afternoon"?  Great movie.

• Super Moderator
27 minutes ago, Fish153 said:

Always loved The Who. They were my favorite band. "Quadrophenia"-- best rock album ever. Comments are welcome. Lol.

18 minutes ago, Fish153 said:

Redneck--

Did you ever see that movie with Al Pacino, "Canine Day Afternoon"?  Great movie.

No.  I never watched them sinful and worldly picture shows or listened to that devil worshipping rock and roll music.  

Oh, too bad. Good band. Being a Christian doesn't mean you can't enjoy music or films. I was never one to ask when entering a Mexican Restaurant:

"Pardon me. Is the cook here a Christian, with Christian values?".

Hostess: "No sir, the cook is an atheist".

"I'm afraid then I can't eat the encheeladas prepared in this establishment".

• Super Moderator
28 minutes ago, Fish153 said:

Being a Christian doesn't mean you can't enjoy music or films. 

Being a *real* christian does.  But you wouldnt know anything about that, would ya?

• Super Moderator
29 minutes ago, Fish153 said:

I was never one to ask when entering a Mexican Restaurant:

"Pardon me. Is the cook here a Christian, with Christian values?".

Hostess: "No sir, the cook is an atheist".

What if the chef's name is Jesus?