Goodbye Jesus

An update on my life.

RealityCheck

It's been over a year since I've posted anything on here and looking around I spot all new faces.  No individual close to me has posted in a while hence this post, as well as the messages in their inbox shall serve as a letter in a bottle.  The chances of it being read is remote to non existent, but I'm writing it anyways.  I feel like a ghost who's peering back at what remains of a previous life.  I can never return to this site for many reasons, at least not on a regular basis.  There has been an ideological rift between me and the consensus here and it doesn't pertain to religion thus won't be discussed.

2022 will mark 10 years since my deconversion, I try to put myself where I was a decade ago with doubts seeping in and my cynicism towards the church intensifying.  I also try remembering how dominant religion was in my thought process, even years after deconverting.  I hardly think of god or Christianity anymore on a regular basis unless someone brings it up.  It's as an irrelevant and distant concept to me as Zeus or Thor is to most of you.  For those that struggle with impulsively thinking about god, heaven, hell, etc, I hope this serves as a message of hope.  That shall pass with time and your thought processes will be your own.  This is where I currently stand, completely indifferent.

As for other aspects of my life, I moved back to Florida from North Carolina to pursue a much more lucrative job opportunity.  There are other reasons why I choose to return to this state but again, it veers into subject matter I rather not talk about.  Before moving back though, I did the van life for a few weeks across the country visiting countless states.  I've been wanting to do that for years and finally got it out of my system.  I recommend it for anyone who has the means as it will remind you of what freedom is and why life is worth living.  I also quit a Kratom habit that had a hold of me for 3 years.  I decided it was time I embraced my negative emotions and anxieties rather than constantly dulling them.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me.  This is the extent of what I am willing to talk about in the open and share for now.  I hope everyone is doing well. 

• Like 2

Best wishes!

It'll be 10 years for me in late January or early February, as well! I can't pin down a specific date, but it was around that time in 2012, when I was 52 years old.

I don't feel the need to spend much time here anymore, either. Unfortunately, religion is still in my face to some extent. We finally withdrew our membership from the church we'd been members for the 6 years since we moved to a different part of the area, but my wife finally decided she was most comfortable sticking with the same branch of the same denomination, so I went along with it.

At least I'm rarely going to church these days, so it isn't much of a burden.

• Like 1