Goodbye Jesus

Wigner's Friend Experiment

midniterider

I can already see a practical Ex-C application for this -- If objective reality doesn't exist, objective morality is a non-starter.

• Thanks 1

There's almost countless BS involved with quantum physics and some of its theory, generally one big pile of it, and no consensus version of it, But even so, mainstream physics as well as mainstream quantum physics asserts the existence of an objective reality contrary to the ideas in the link above.

12 hours ago, Astreja said:

I can already see a practical Ex-C application for this -- If objective reality doesn't exist, objective morality is a non-starter.

Thank you, QM. lol

The objective reality issue has come into serious question in the 21st century. I went through a bunch of Kastrup videos over the weekend.

The idea is that we barely broke into it in the 20th century. But started seeing hints that call objective reality assumptions into question. And it's only avalanched further as we've gone into the 21st century. He thinks that we will have a dramatically different science by end of the 21st century. 

And new experiments being devised like the one in the article point towards the path ahead. A questioning of pretty much all previous assumptions. And then whatever advancements the act of questioning these old assumptions may potentially bring. 

Very interesting content: 

*Sniped from article* 

That’s provided some entertaining fodder for after-dinner conversation, but Wigner’s thought experiment has never been more than that—just a thought experiment.  

wigners-friend.jpg?sw=700&cx=0&cy=0&cw=1

Last year, however, physicists noticed that recent advances in quantum technologies have made it possible to reproduce the Wigner’s Friend test in a real experiment. In other words, it ought to be possible to create different realities and compare them in the lab to find out whether they can be reconciled.

On 1/8/2022 at 11:30 PM, Astreja said:

From the spirituality section to the lion's den......

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.